This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SCs: Bag idiot, manager has attitude, and coupon ughs

First, the bag idiot. A woman had brought her own burlap bags to use. However, she put a plastic bag from my carosel inside each one! Who does this?! Doesn't it defeat the purpose of bringing your own? Anyway, as I was bagging, she quips "These are such cheap bags. Cheap as sh*t." For one, bags are actually QUITE expensive (she was using the older not as good bags I had instead of the newer slightly better bags I also had up), and two, she had her own bags!

Next, manager had attitude. A woman had purchased a few bags of ranch flavored sunflower seeds thinking they were on sale for 77 cents. This sale only included the original flavor and we were out of it. The manager showed her this by pointing it out in the circular and then telling her we were out and she could get a raincheck. The customer tells her she didn't want one. After the manager leaves, the customer says "How could she be a manager? She has an attitude! She must have a manager above her, I'm going to talk to them" Yes, telling people facts is such a bad quality...

And, the coupon ughs. Some packages of chicken in my store have a coupon where you can save a dollar if you buy a package of a particular salad dressing mix. So far, nobody has read this requirement and tries to use it anyway. Today, a woman bought the chicken and then after I did her order she goes up to me and says "Excuse me you didn't take this!" I tell her she needs to buy the dressing mix, so she goes over to where it is and buys a package just so she can use the coupon. Really, all this for $1?
    And the second one- A woman had 6 things of room freshener that were 77 cents each, limit 4 (important). She bought 6 of them so that she could use a coupon where you must buy 6 (at least she read this). She asks me about the price after her order and I tell her it's a limit of 4 and the other two were 99 cents. She says this is too expensive and wants the extra 2 taken off. This would mean taking the coupon off also, which she was willing to do in order to get 2 off. Well, math lesson here:
    77 cents x 6=4.62
    (77 cents x 4) + (99 cents x 2) -1.00 =4.06
    Yup, the way she had it was 56 cents cheaper. I even told her that how she had it was about 50 cents cheaper, and she STILL wants to get the two taken off! Wow.

Incredible, the lack of brains.
    Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

Quoth jjc927 View Post
      Well, math lesson here:
      77 cents x 6=4.62
      (77 cents x 4) + (99 cents x 2) -1.00 =4.06
      Yup, the way she had it was 56 cents cheaper. I even told her that how she had it was about 50 cents cheaper, and she STILL wants to get the two taken off! Wow.
      Didn't she only get the four though? Meaning it was actually 77 cents x 4 = $3.08
      I am Wolverine.............and Wolverine does not do high kicks.

He was a hero to me....and heroes are not supposed to die.

Oh good, my dog found the chainsaw!

Comment

My comparison was for if she was able to get the 6 she purchased for 77 cents each (if there was no limit or the limit was 6). She bought 6 in total so that she could use a coupon that took a dollar off for buying 6.

Comment

Working...
        X