This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yell a little louder

I have been a cashier at a major department store for 2 years now, and just recently I have started working most of my shifts in the snack bar at the front of the store. I must admit I like the snack bar better most days because it is less social interaction (hence less sucky customers) and time goes by faster because I'm always preparing food, washing dishes, etc. Also, I got a pay increase once I moved back there, which is awesome.

Anyway, there are some things that aggravate me. For one, it is a shitty little snack bar, not a 5 star restaraunt. Don't expect me to cater to your every need. I don't get paid enough to be your slave. Second, we don't have water bottles, sandwiches, or salads behind the counter. You have to go over to the cooler 2 feet away and get them yourself. It's not that hard, so quit bitching. Third, if we don't have something ready, it takes 7 minutes to cook. Don't get all pissed off that can't have everything magically prepared for you as soon as you arrive. There is only one person working there, and it is not a fast food place. Get over yourself.

I have many stories of sucky customers, but this one woman sticks out in my mind. It is very loud considering all the fans/freezers/machines running back there. I can't hear you if I'm not close to you. I was a fairly good distance away, preparing pizzas, when this white trash looking woman comes up to the counter and yells, "I WANT A PRETZEL!" Now it took me a minute to actually figure out what she said because of the noise and such. I finished what I was doing, walked up to her, and said "What can I get for you?" She gave me a blank stare. I stared back. The staring continued for some time. She finally said, "Gimme a pretzel." So, I obliged. It was rather irritating. Normal people wait until the employee is in front of them to order, they don't just shout what they want to the person who is obviously busy with something at the moment. Aghh. There are so many trashy people that live in my town and I can't stand it.

Sorry this was so long, I just felt the need to vent.

Some people are just naturally loud. I mean SUPERLOUD (as in "voice immodulation" - heh- reference?) I call these people Walking Mouths. She probably couldn't tell that you couldn't hear her over the machines, since most noise doesn't drown out the Walking Mouth.

That, and she was totally rude. Whatever happened to saying "excuse me, miss, could you help me please?" in a polite tone.
    When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Yes, I'm sorry. Some people just have no manners or sense.
      Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

I've used this on people like that before: "That's not the way your mother taught you to ask politely."

Comment

Saturnz, I'm pretty sure we work for the same company, given that this scene is all-too familiar. There's a reason I don't work in the food anymore. You're right; it's NOT a fast food, people. Do you SEE golden arches above my head? If you expect fast food service everywhere you go, you eat too much fast food.
          "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Working...
          X