This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why I hate Check-in week.

Because we have all sorts of SCs invading the store, in addition to Coupon whores galore. (Especially those who don't seem to know how to read them, or assume we're too stupid to look at the expiration date)

SC: "What can I order here?"
    Me: "Everything on the menu."

Me: "Welcome to Subway, how can I help you today?"
    SC: "I'll have this one." *points to something on a sign I CANNOT SEE from where I'm standing*
    Me: "...what's 'This one'? Can you read it to me?"
    SC: "Uhm...."
    Me: *sighs and leans over the counter so I can see what they're pointing at, they're pointing at a sign of our $5 footlongs that's not on t glass sneeze guard that I can actually see through*

Me: What kind of meat?
    SC: "This one." *points to something*
    Me: ....

It kinda peeves me when customers point at something and just say "This one"...it is annoying because
    a) I can't see where they're pointing.
    b) They rarely give me enough hints. I can figure out what they want if they point at it and say, "The round cheese", "The yellow stuff", or "The dark green stuff" (Spinach).
    c) I CAN'T FRIGGIN SEE WHERE THEY'RE POINTING!!!!!!!

Me: What kind of cheese?
    SC: ...White.
    Me: ...which one? White American?
    SC: White.

Me: What kind of meat?
    SC: Regular

Then there are also the customers whose orders are in an entirely garbled manner and it makes me have to ask 'em numerous times what they say, or make me play 20 questions because they only answer with grunts or monotonous words. :| It really holds the line up when they do this....

Me: Do you want chips or a drink with that?
    Customer: Yes, I want the meal deal.
    Me: $x.xx
    Customer: What kind of cup comes with it?
    Me: The 21 oz drink.
    Customer: Which one is that?
    (You wouldn't BELIEVE how often I have to answer those two questions. :| You'd think that people would realize...but then again though, the only thing that says "21 oz" is a big bold sign hanging over the cups and two labels that read, "21 oz".

Me: How can I help you today?
    Customer: Chicken Sandwich.

And of course, loads of people who don't know how to read the coupons. You have to get the 32 oz drink before that coupon works, derp. Also, only ONE coupon per order. :/

Bonus SC:

Me: Sir, we can't take this coupon.
    SC: Yeah you can.
    me: It's expired on May 31st.
    SC: It's one of those Day-month-year formats
    Me: You mean there are 31 months in a year?
    Kangaroo Squee!

I always know what I want when I go to Subway. Heck, that was the one thing of value I learned while I was in middle school and now I'm grateful for it.

I just wish they had a class for it so you wouldn't have to deal with the uneducated masses.

Comment

Quoth NateTheChops View Post
      I always know what I want when I go to Subway. Heck, that was the one thing of value I learned while I was in middle school and now I'm grateful for it.

I just wish they had a class for it so you wouldn't have to deal with the uneducated masses.
      Just because I can't see well enough to see the overhead menus in fast food places, I HAVE to have something in mind before I order. At Subway it's usually Spicy Italian, BMT, Chicken Bacon Ranch, or Feast. Lately I've been on a Feast streak. Haven't had CBR in a while. Mmmm bacon
      To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

Hate to say it, but I'm one of the folks who ask you to show me how big the drink is. *shrugs* I don't frequent Subway much, so I tend to find their menu a bit overwhelming when an answer is expected of me now now NOW. Some restaurants have a teenie weenie drink for the combo and others have a huge one. Makes a difference to me.
        A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

Quoth bainsidhe View Post
          Hate to say it, but I'm one of the folks who ask you to show me how big the drink is. *shrugs* I don't frequent Subway much, so I tend to find their menu a bit overwhelming when an answer is expected of me now now NOW. Some restaurants have a teenie weenie drink for the combo and others have a huge one. Makes a difference to me.
          Same. I'm not familiar with Subway and so I just don't respond very well to the NOW NOW NOW thing.

This is why I refuse to go to Subway. Its just a very high pressured sort of environment for newbies.

Comment

Quoth Hyndis View Post
            Same. I'm not familiar with Subway and so I just don't respond very well to the NOW NOW NOW thing.

This is why I refuse to go to Subway. Its just a very high pressured sort of environment for newbies.
            High Pressure? You wait out of line, look at the menu, and pick out what you want, make up your mind AND THEN tell the sandwich artist what you want. When you go to shopping elsewhere, the line out check out doesn't start immediately after you enter the premises.

Comment

call me a weirdo, but I don't think anyone really has the right to complain that someone made their sandwich wrong at subway. I mean, it's being made right in front of you, so you should be able to spot any mistakes.

Comment

Quoth emax4 View Post
                High Pressure? You wait out of line,
                Well sure, for my sandwich. I always know exactly how my sandwich should be prepared once I get in line. But I never seem to think about chips or a drink until the cashier tries the upsell. Que the deer in headlights look.
                A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

Someone asked you for "regular" meat? I had no idea there was such a thing as irregular meat. (the more you know....... *insert rainbow trail here*)
                  My Fur Affinity Page:https://www.furaffinity.net/user/thetigress/
                  My Weasyl Page: https://www.weasyl.com/profile/thetigress

Comment

I'm in love with the Sweet Onion Chicken Teriyaki. It's that sweet onion sauce, man...I could drink it...

Comment

I get only one thing: It's called a pizza sub, and I know exactly how to order it because I've gotten the exact same thing just about every time. Italian herb & cheese bread, please? Footlong, if you please. Start with the marinara sauce, but without meatballs. On the bottom of the sandwhich. Then seven slices of pepperoni. Then Swiss cheese. Then toasted. Next, onions and parmesan, and the sandwhich is done. By the way, do not cut my sandwhich. Thanks.

At least I know exactly what I want, and how to do it. My order doesn't change, nor does the sequence.

Yes, I do want the drink and two sugar cookies. (Subway is a once per paycheck treat, you see.)
                      Last edited by Kristev; 08-19-2010, 09:22 AM.
                      Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

I’ve had almost all of these happen to me too, usually weekly, and it can get annoying.

SC: I want white cheese.
                        Me: Which kind?
                        SC: White cheese.
                        Me: Well, we have white American, havarti, Swiss, provolone, horseradish cheddar, smoked fontina, pepper jack, or marinated mozzarella.
                        SC: Oh, um….

I also don’t like the pointing. Usually I can figure it out, but due to our limited space we sometimes have 2 different types of meat in a pan. Or at one end of our bar we have a bunch of small pans with things like pesto, pepperoncini, and jalapenos. I usually can’t tell which one they are pointing at.

Our menu boards hang from the ceiling above the sandwich bar ; I can’t see it from where I’m standing. I have to walk around the counter when they point.

Or this one:
                        Customer looks at the board, reads our sandwich brochure, and prepares to order.
                        SC: I want a (name of sandwich).
                        Me: Do you want all the ingredients that usually comes on it? (I ask this because, inevitably, they wait until the sandwich is done to say “I didn’t want tomatoes!!!!”)
                        SC: I don’t know. What comes on it?
                        You just read the brochure! You know what’s on it! And if you don’t, why are you ordering it?
                        Voodoo is a very interesting religion for the whole family, even those members of it who are dead. - Good Omens

Comment

Quoth Fox One View Post
                          I'm in love with the Sweet Onion Chicken Teriyaki. It's that sweet onion sauce, man...I could drink it...
                          Try it on ham and swiss. **drools**

Comment

I just had lunch, and you made me hungry again....I didn't know Subway had havarti! I love havarti...Haven't been to Subway in ages, now I wanna go!!
                            When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Our subway doesn't have Harvarti...what's that? Is it related to Parvati?
                              Kangaroo Squee!

Comment

Working...
                              X