Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

You must have misinterpreted my plain english!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You must have misinterpreted my plain english!

Before my current job I worked as a cashier, and later in the deli for one of the big supermarket chains. I liked being a cashier. I was good at it and I had astonishing luck for never getting a crazy customer. I worked as a cashier for a year, and it was eight months before I had my first SC. After that the luck was broken and I had to deal with them like everyone else

To make matters worse, this SC was my science teacher the previous year. The one who had me moved down into class six after I came first in my grade during the end of year tests

She pulled in with her family, I said hello and went to work on her groceries. Halfway through her trolley she decided she needed to duck in to the chemist next door.

SC: My wise and caring science teacher
    SCH: SC's husband
    Me: In the flesh, baby...

SC: I'm going into *chemist*, can you remember what phone credit we need?
    SCH: A $20 cap, and two $50 caps?
    SC: No! two $20 caps and a $50.
    SCH: Okay, I'll remember.
    SC: You'd better.
    Me: Sorry to interrupt, but if you'd like I could do the phone credit now?
    SC: No, no, I have to go. Give me that notepad and a pen and I'll write it down.
    Me: Oh, okay. *hands over stationary*

She scribbles it down and leaves. SCH snatches up the note and says he'll do the phone credit at the end. Whatever! So we reach the end of the order and I get him to hand it over. It says two $20 caps and a $50 cap. Exactly as SC instructed SCH before. I punch them in, total the order and SCH pays for it. As they're wheeling out the trolley SC returns and snatches up the reciept, scanning it like a hawk. Dun dun dun...

SC: You did the credit wrong!
    Me: *thinksh, crap, I must've put it in wrong.* Sorry ma'am, let me see what I can do! *flicks on light for a supervisor, rings the bell etc etc*
    SC: I can't believe you got it wrong! I wrote it down and everything!
    Me: I do apologise ma'am -
    SC: I specifically said one $20 cap and two $50 caps!
    Me: *uhhh, what?* I think the note you gave me said one $50 and two $20s.
    SCH: No it didn't!
    SC: Obviously you pay as much attention in maths as you do in science.

Wouldn't english class be more appropriate, given that is where one learns to read?

Me: I'm sure it did say that, let me check...*pulls crumpled paper out of trash* It says one $50 and two $20s.
    SC: That's ridiculous, give me that! *snatch* You must have misinterpreted my plain english!

A supervisor arrives just as she is reviewing what is clearly her hand writing asking for one $50 credit cap and two $20 caps. Then the real fun begins, because there are no refunds for phone credit. Cue apoplexy.

My supervisor was cool enough to take her down to the service desk so I could help the wonderfully patient couple waiting. I later heard that they argued until they were given a $30 cap for free to make up for the extra credit they.didn't.order

Quoth Duke View Post
    You must have misinterpreted my plain english!
    I hope she was better at Science than she was at English.
    Engaged to the sweet Mytical He is my Black Dragon (and yes, a good one) strong, protective, the guardian. I am his Silver Dragon, always by his side, shining for him, cherishing him.

Comment

My Gods! I hope that the children she teaches have the common sense to question her if her classroom logic is anything like her shopping logic. I also hope she gets canned and they get a real teacher!
      "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Comment

Oh gods, I had a "teacher" like this last night.

She was throwing a fit because she had to buy five dollars worth of stuff to get twenty notebooks for one penny each. Certain sale items are only on sale with a limit of 2, but she kept insisting that her being a teacher entitled her to "everything" at sale price regardless of limits.

She was a sinister old bitch too. I knew exactly what kind of teacher she was and I felt awful for her students who will have to put up with her this year.

Comment

So even though she had a note in her own handwriting asking for exactly what you sold them, customer service still gave her a credit? Ouch.
          When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Next time, tell her she needs a note from her parents.
            Engaged to the sweet Mytical He is my Black Dragon (and yes, a good one) strong, protective, the guardian. I am his Silver Dragon, always by his side, shining for him, cherishing him.

Comment

Quoth MoonCat View Post
              So even though she had a note in her own handwriting asking for exactly what you sold them, customer service still gave her a credit? Ouch.
              Exactly. She wrote her own poison - how in the world did they cave?? Sickening.

Comment

Cue the orchestra, please...

Ahem...

o/` Oh, why can't the English teach their teachers how to speak... o/`

Comment

Quoth PatchO'Black View Post
                  Cue the orchestra, please...

Ahem...

o/` Oh, why can't the English teach their teachers how to speak... o/`
                  The Scotch and the Irish leave you close to tears. There even are places where English completely disappears. In America, they haven't used it for years!
                  To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

Quoth Duke View Post
                    My supervisor was cool enough to take her down to the service desk so I could help the wonderfully patient couple waiting. I later heard that they argued until they were given a $30 cap for free to make up for the extra credit they.didn't.order
                    Apparently her math isn't all that great. She wrote for 2-$20's and a $50 (which would be $90, right?) That's what she got. Now she's all *itchy because she didn't get 2-$50's and a $20 (totaling $120). Getting $30 cap to make up for credit they didn't order?????????? Where did she go to school??? Chick can't add for crap.

Comment

Working...
                    X