This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hahaha! It's a new record!

So... as you may (or may not ) remember... The Beau and I got jobs at the Hobbling Lobotomy ((after a week setting up the store to open that is the only thing I could think of it as)). And it has actually been a blast now that we have product and are actually open.

Anyway, our grand opening was the 16th, we officially opened on the 11th. Guess what I got told yesterday....

"This is ridiculous! I have been shopping at this store for YEARS and you never charged this much for this product!"

Way to defy reality people..... keep being classy.

And of course there was the little old man who took down 3 of my boxed model planes and told me they were priced wrong... because he could get them $30 cheaper at XYZ Hobby store. He ranted at me for a good 5 minutes about it... and then proceeded to tell EVERYONE in the store he could find that we were charging too much for our models and ripping our customers off.
    I would like to point out that... 1. I double checked the pricing sheet... they are correctly priced based on corporates numbers. 2. We are NOT XYZ Hobby Store...... aaaaannnnd 3. Those three particular models are not only harder to find than their counter parts... but sell online for about $170.... and we are selling them for about $80. So yeah....
    Last edited by Red_Dazes; 08-19-2010, 10:39 PM.
    "I'm not smiling because I'm happy. I'm smiling because every time I blink your head explodes!"
    -Red

Quoth Red_Dazes View Post
    "This is ridiculous! I have been shopping at this store for YEARS and you never charged this much for this product!".

Wahbuhhuh??? It would be funny if you placed a news clipping advertising your grand opening in a frame in an obvious place and just...pointed at it when someone says this. But, when you correct them, how do they respond???

Oh, and what happens when they demand to talk with the manager/owner? Heeheehee.
    "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Comment

I just said "Oh well we have lots of locations open in other states, but I don't know what they charge for this product. And since we have only been open since the eleventh, there is always the possibility that the price will come down eventually."

It gets a lot of I've just been caught in my lie....faces....

I have yet to have someone demand to speak to my manager ((to ME)) anyway, but I am sure the poor cashiers are suffering. Our store does everything manually, we don't have scan guns... O.O
      "I'm not smiling because I'm happy. I'm smiling because every time I blink your head explodes!"
      -Red

Comment

May I ask what brand planes they were? If they were Tamiya and one of the larger scales, I can understand those prices. But Tamiya kits are a pleasure to build, everything fits together and I don't have to do any filing.

Comment

Quoth mikoyan29 View Post
          May I ask what brand planes they were? If they were Tamiya and one of the larger scales, I can understand those prices.
          They are indeed Tamiya, pretty good size too, not the largest ones we sell ((he didn't complain about the prices of those)) But pretty big for model planes.
          -Red

Comment

Quoth Red_Dazes View Post
            So... as you may (or may not ) remember... The Beau and I got jobs at the Hobbling Lobotomy ((after a week setting up the store to open that is the only thing I could think of it as)). And it has actually been a blast now that we have product and are actually open.

Anyway, our grand opening was the 16th, we officially opened on the 11th. Guess what I got told yesterday....

"This is ridiculous! I have been shopping at this store for YEARS and you never charged this much for this product!"

Way to defy reality people..... keep being classy.
            http://www.customerssuck.com/strip/i...ate=2009-05-22
            To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

Working...
            X