Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks for making me almost cry. (long)

So I have two stories from the past month (?).

Irate Pharmacy Lady

Backstory:
    So I work at a drugstore. We're open 7 am to 10 pm every day, but during the weekends the pharmacy has shorter hours. On Sunday's they don't open till 10 am. And often for the first hour or so there is only 1 pharmacy and no techs.

One Sunday morning I'm at my register checking out the tons of Sunday morning customers and the phone rings.

(I don't remember exactly what was said as this is the older of the two stories and I've tried to forget this whole thing. And note I'm taking these calls while I'm ringing up my customers.)
    IPL: I want to talk to the Pharmacist right now.
    Me: Um ok. Let me page the Pharmacy.

*pages Pharmacy to let them know I'm getting overflow Pharmacy calls*

A moment later the phone rings again.

This time I get a gentleman that sounds more patient.

At this point I page my manager to see why I'm getting Pharmacy calls and am told to continue doing what I've been doing.

A few minutes later I hear the tone that tells me the person (people) on hold are still on hold.

Me: Has someone helped you?
    IPL: NO! ALL I NEED IS MY DAMN PRESCRIPTION! HOW IS THAT SO HARD.
    Me: I'm sorry ma'am but the Pharmacist is the only one in the Pharmacy right now and he's working as fast as he can.
    IPL: *scoffs*

I put her back on hold and page the Pharmacy again that they have people on hold.

I talk to the guy on hold on the other line and he's continues to be polite.

Then I hear the hold tone again and I talk to IPL for the third time.

Me: Has anyone helped you yet?
    IPL: OMG NO! HOW HARD IS IT FOR YOU GUYS TO JUST VERIFY MY PRESCRIPTION. I'VE BEEN TRYING TO GET IT VERIFIED SINCE FRIDAY.
    Me: I'm sorry ma'am but like I said the Pharmacy is on his own and he'll get to you as soon as he can.
    IPL: NEVERMIND. I'LL JUST GO SOMEWHERE ELSE. *slams the phone down*

I put the phone down close to tears and look at the young couple at my register and they immediately tell me I shouldn't have to put up with rude customers like that.

Thankfully I go on a break shortly after and just meditate for a few minutes then read some of my book.

Pharmacy Customer Jerk

Again I'm working a Sunday, but this time a Sunday night. So the Pharmacy closes at 6 pm and it's probably 7:30-8 pm.

A man comes in and just browses the displays up front, then walks around the store.

I don't see him for a while, until he comes up to my register.

Me: Hi! How are you? Did you find everything ok? (my standard greeting)
    PCJ: *mumble grumble*
    Me: *smiles and rings him up*
    PCJ: *more grumbles with mutters this time*
    Me: *finishes his order, takes his money* Thanks have a good night.

And somehow we get to the reason he's a grumbling jerk... The Pharmacy's closed and he can't get his meds.

Me: *in most genuine customer service voice* I'm sorry.
    PCJ: *stops, looks at me* *in a mean tone* Why should you be sorry? Do you have important medications you need to get but can't because the Pharmacy's closed?
    Me: *a bit confused but genuinely sorry he's been inconvenienced* No. But I'm still sorry.
    PCJ: God do you have "White Woman's I'm Sorry Disease?" *walks off*
    Me: *blink blink*

I'm fairly sure the Irate Pharmacy Lady cursed. I can't remember if the Pharmacy Customer Jerk did or not.
    Driver Picks the Music, Shotgun Shuts His Cakehole.
    Supernatural 9-13-05 to forever

Quoth dragon_wings View Post
    The do what? Do they want the "Whiskeys I'm Sorry Disease" because that involves punching them in the face and apologizing for breaking their nose and their two front teeth.

Don't cry
    Thou shalt not take the name of thy goddess Whiskey in vain.

Comment

Too bad you couldn't tell that guy, "You're right. I'm not sorry. I hope you never get your prescriptions because you're a jackass."
      "And so all the night-tide, I lie down by the side of my darling, my darling, my life and my bride!"
      "Hallo elskan min/Trui ekki hvad timinn lidur"
      Amayis is my wifey

Comment

Quoth Whiskey View Post
        The do what? Do they want the "Whiskeys I'm Sorry Disease" because that involves punching them in the face and apologizing for breaking their nose and their two front teeth.

Don't cry
        OMG! That. Is. Awesome.

Quoth Eisa View Post
        Too bad you couldn't tell that guy, "You're right. I'm not sorry. I hope you never get your prescriptions because you're a jackass."
        I was just to stunned to think of anything (even though I'm too chickenshit to have actually said something).
        When I call my manager to tell him (cause I'm just so stunned I have to tell someone) he was like WTF?!

Comment

Quoth Eisa View Post
          It would serve him right! Unfortunately, it would lose you your job.
          I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
          My LiveJournal
          A page we can all agree with!

Comment

well, mr. pharmacy jerk, i'm not sorry, it's also not my problem that you didn't arrive in time to get your scrips. are you done here? good, now gtfo.

as for the bitch on the phone, sorry precious; busy means he's busy, aka, cannot speak with you right now. still a problem for you? get over it, take a number and get in line.
            look! it's ghengis khan!
            Sorry, but while I can do many things, extracting heads from anuses isn't one of them. (so sayeth the irv)

Comment

Quoth dragon_wings View Post
              Me: *in most genuine customer service voice* I'm sorry.
              PCJ: *stops, looks at me* *in a mean tone* Why should you be sorry? Do you have important medications you need to get but can't because the Pharmacy's closed?
              Me: *a bit confused but genuinely sorry he's been inconvenienced* No. But I'm still sorry.
              '

According to Deborah Tannen, author of a book called You Just Don't Understand: Men and Women in Conversation (which is awesome), women tend to say "I'm sorry" and mean "I sympathize." Men tend to hear "I'm sorry" and think it means "I apologize." And Pharmacy Jerk was right in that you had nothing to apologize for.

Of course, he was still an idiot for not having sense enough to realize that you were just being polite, more of an idiot for not having sense enough to realize that you were required by your job to be polite to his stupid self, and, as previously mentioned, he was a jerk.
              Women can do anything men can.
              But we don't because lots of it's disgusting.
              Maxine

Comment

Quoth Sparky View Post
                According to Deborah Tannen, author of a book called You Just Don't Understand: Men and Women in Conversation (which is awesome), women tend to say "I'm sorry" and mean "I sympathize." Men tend to hear "I'm sorry" and think it means "I apologize." And Pharmacy Jerk was right in that you had nothing to apologize for.
                I'm not sure this covers it either, because his response seems more along the lines of "are you suffering? Then why can you offer sympathy" to me. And I think you're an optimist if you think he's just an idiot, instead of a deliberate jerk .

Comment

Quoth Magpie View Post
                  "are you suffering? "
                  I would say that, yes, she IS suffering...She has to put up with him, doesn't she?
                  "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                  "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                  "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                  "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                  "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                  "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                  Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                  "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Quoth EricKei View Post
                    I would say that, yes, she IS suffering...She has to put up with him, doesn't she?
                    Ok, you are making the classic mistake of using logic and common sense in a situation regarding an SC. You should know better by now.

Comment

Men tend to hear "I'm sorry" and think it means "I apologize."
                      Sometimes women think this, too. When people called my home number by mistake, I used to say "sorry, you reached the wrong number." My sister always says "don't say you're sorry, it's not your mistake!" I didn't mean it as an apology, more like an expression of regret.
                      When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

It has been pointed out to me by a co worker that I do apologize too much/for things that don't require an apology. And I can't for the life of me figure out WHY. I've done this for as long as I can remember.

Comment

Working...
                        X