This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You Owe Me 11¢

Yesterday, a lady sent her of age brother to buy cigarettes and she called sometime after he left claiming that he didn't get the right change. I told her what I rang up, the price of the cigarettes, and she insisted that she gave him a different type of coin. The brother came back during my break and the coworker covering me ended up calling the store director who told him to leave a note. The cigarettes cost $x.04, the brother gave me $x.25, so the change should've been 21¢, which is what I gave him in change, not 11¢.
    My Fanfic Page
    My Fiction Page
    My Social Group
    My Pet Social Group
    My You Tube Channel

I hate it when people bitch about meaningless amounts of money like this.
    "We guard the souls in heaven; we don't horse-trade them!" Samandrial in Supernatural

RIP Plaidman.

Comment

I hate it when people bitch about meaningless amounts of money like this
      same here, but what worries me more is that this one couldn't add and come up with the right amount of change, which she did get. argh.
      look! it's ghengis khan!
      Sorry, but while I can do many things, extracting heads from anuses isn't one of them. (so sayeth the irv)

Comment

I delivered a pizza once. The total was $9.99. The guy gave me a $10. I said thank you and left. When I got back to the store the manager told me the guy had called and complained that I didn't give him his penny. "It was the principal!!!!!"

Comment

Quoth STEELMAN View Post
          "It was the principal!!!!!"
          Yeah..he was principally cheap. That bastard.

Comment

Quoth STEELMAN View Post
            I delivered a pizza once. The total was $9.99. The guy gave me a $10. I said thank you and left. When I got back to the store the manager told me the guy had called and complained that I didn't give him his penny. "It was the principal!!!!!"
            Wasn't that the tip?
            !
            "For truth is always strange; stranger than fiction." -- Lord Byron

Comment

At least none of yall had to deal with some stupid lady who accused me of stealing from her because I accidentally shorted her a penny!
              Seriously?! A penny? My dad was born in 1931 and back when he was growing up a penny was worth a whole lot more than it is today.

Comment

Quoth Mnemjian View Post
                Wasn't that the tip?
                Now while the 1 cent is a little small, I do as a customer get annoyed when servers assume the 20 I gave them includes the tip and don't ask. Many times I have some singles I was going to use for the tip and they would have gotten a larger tip by not assuming. However, that is cases like giving a 20 for something that is 17 or 18 dollars and not 1 cent in change/

Comment

We are given 2 $5's and 10 $1's for change so I didn't have a penny to give him anyway. The next time I delivered there I dug a penny out of my ash tray and told him "this is for last time". He then tried to refuse it so I left it on the little table beside his door. It amazes me how cheap some people are.

Comment

Quoth Mnemjian View Post
                    Wasn't that the tip?
                    For a period of time when I delivered pizza, my pizza joint actually ran a very good special that worked out to exactly $19.99 after tax. Like so good it was pretty much the only thing they sold. I learned the first day to bring a pile of pennies. I'm not sure which bothered me more, the people that actually wanted the penny, or the ones that said "keep the change" as if they were doing me some huge favour.

edit:
                    That actually reminds me of a time when I was kind of an idiot. I made a delivery that came to about $53, and was paid with $60. I wasn't thinking at all or something, because I literally forgot to give the guy his change. He called it in and complained, rightly so, and on my next delivery I stopped over, apologizing profusely, and gave him an even $10 to make up for my mistake, the extra $3 out of my own pocket.
                    A few days later I had a very small delivery to the same location, less than $10. When I got to the door, he took the pizza, gave me a $20, and then closed the door. I was pretty sure he didn't want change that time.
                    Last edited by WizardStan; 08-27-2010, 08:04 PM.

Comment

I remember getting real upset once about being shorted a dime. I was ten years old and they wouldn't give me my missing dime. Which is probably why I'm now so good about counting my change.

But as an adult? Once I walk out the door, I'd probably just assume I dropped a coin.
                      A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

Quoth Dave1982 View Post
                        Same here.

My mom has a friend who (before she developed Alzheimer's) was notorious for arguing with cashiers over a penny.

Yep. You read that right, folks. One measly single PENNY.

I quickly got tired of hearing her bitch about this store or that store and would just tell her as nicely as I could that I didn't care to hear it.

Petty stuff like that chaps my ass worse at times than the major stuff.
                        Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Quoth Dave1982 View Post
                          I remember when I worked at a supermarket and hearing this Ross Perot looking guy arguing over a 21 cent onion and stating how he wasn't gonna pay no 21 cents for an onion.

Comment

I used to work at a grocery store, and I once had a lady complain because there was a 10 cent difference on her stalk of celery between what the sign said and what it rang up as. A dime? Really?!
                            God must really like stupid people; he made so many!

Comment

Working...
                            X