Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The bizarre questions I get asked.....

Ok, for some reason, rental car employees seem to get asked bizarre questions that are totally unrelated to our jobs. We rent cars; we aren't airport employees, we aren't airline employees, etc. Well, here is the list of some of the crap I get asked on a daily basis:

1) Can you tell me where Delta flight 610's baggage is being off loaded?
    2) Can you tell me if my cousin got onto a flight? (After the third time I was asked this in a 40 minute period, I pretended to look up the flight and told the person their loved one was detained by authorities.)
    3) Why do the restaurants upstairs close at 7:00?
    4) How long will it be until bags are off loaded again? (When lightning hits within five miles the ramp shuts down for safety purposes.)
    5) What is the weather like in Atlanta and why is the flight being delayed?
    6) How much does it cost for a shuttle to xxxxxx place? (Geez, I have no clue, but I can rent you a car.......)
    7) How much does xxxx car company charge to rent a car for a week?
    8) What baggage claim am I near? (If people would look right behind them, they would see HUGE signs that say what carosel they are near.)
    9) (IRATE humanoid) "Contintental is not at their ticket counter and I want YOU to find out where they are!!"

These people are just bizarre. I am convinced that when people enter the doors of an airport they lose any bit of common sense they may have once had.

These people are just bizarre. I am convinced that when people enter the doors of an airport they lose any bit of common sense they may have once had.
    And restaurants, supermarkets, shopping mall, dept. stores, gas stations, office buildings...oh, hell, pretty much anywhere...
    When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Quoth MoonCat View Post
      And restaurants, supermarkets, shopping mall, dept. stores, gas stations, office buildings...oh, hell, pretty much anywhere...
      I think the public in general is too lazy to think.
      "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Quoth rentalcarguy View Post
        7) How much does xxxx car company charge to rent a car for a week?
        I take it you aren't "xxxx" car company then. But of course, because you work for a car rental place, you must know the prices charged by every car rental place. After all, that's your job
        Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. -Groucho Marx

Comment

(After the third time I was asked this in a 40 minute period, I pretended to look up the flight and told the person their loved one was detained by authorities.)
          it may be so wrong, but it feels so right.
          look! it's ghengis khan!
          Sorry, but while I can do many things, extracting heads from anuses isn't one of them. (so sayeth the irv)

Comment

Working...
          X