This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Whiskey View Post
    Well considering all SC's are LAWYERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! the reverse would have to be true. Being educated beings you're dumb as a rock

(no offense to any rocks reading this post)
    What about Rockers? Or Mods?

(proud possessor of a HSD degree)
    I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
    Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
    Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

I hate when people assume you should know how to spell their name. Over the phone, b sounds like d or v, p and t sound alike, and so on. Plus some people insist on spelling or pronouncing things in weird ways. My sister once had a woman on the phone who said her name was "Hale" - at least she pronounced it that way. Sis asked her to please spell it. The woman gave this big sigh as though Sis must be stupid, and proceeds to spell her name: H-A-L-L.

We have a customer at work who says her granddaughter's name is "Tina Ann." Except they spell it T-I-N-A-N. I don't have the heart to tell her that in English you cannot pronounce a letter two separate times (Tina-Ann) in the same word.
      When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

I know whenever I was taking cake orders at my old job, I double checked on every spelling past 'happy birthday' and 'congratulations' (which I still sounds out in my head to keep from spelling with a d). I don't always hear distinctive sounds the best, especially over the phone when the ovens are growling at me, so it's really saved me in Ann/Dan situations. Or, like with the names thread a few over, Shawn, Shaun, Sean.

Comment

Working...
        X