This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Superhotelworker, when I told you I was a fanboy and love your stories

that does not mean I want to relive them. I especially do not want to relive this.

WARNING GROSS!!

About an hour ago a guest comes up to the desk and tells me there was a spot in the hall where someone had thrown up. Great, I don't know how to clean this up so I call my supervisor. Great, she doesn't know either since she's never had to.
    To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Eeeewwww....

I was walking behind a guest once and she just started THROWING-UP as she walked.

THAT was an interesting clean-up; least the carpet was patterned and the lighting was dark
    "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Comment

I was once told a story from a gas station where a woman's child started throwing up so she PICKED HIM UP and ran to the bathroom, spraying whatever he'd had for lunch all over several aisles and countless products. They had to shut the store down to clean it up because policy states no one can even walk down the aisle if someone throws up in it and there was puke EVERYWHERE.

Comment

I was taking care of a woman at Chain Bookstore once (dear gods, it was like six years ago!) who was buying, like, seven or eight books. I became rather engrossed in ringing everything up, and had my head partially turned away from her for a few moments. When I looked up to tell her her total, I saw that she was huddling over, head down, hands covering her mouth. She was whimpering, so I initially thought she had started crying.

"Uh...ma'am? Are you okay?"

No response. That's when I noticed that the people in line behind her were slowly backing away, looking equal parts horrified and disgusted. Confused, I leaned forward and again asked the woman if everything was okay. When she finally looked up, there was vomit all over her hands and face, dribbling down between her fingers and off the end of her chin.

"Oh my god, I'm so, so sorry! I've never done anything like this before! Oh my god, I didn't know how sick I was! OH MY GOD!"

She'd puked all over the front of the cashwrap, and made a wonderful mess on the floor where she'd been standing, too. I actually felt pretty bad for her -- she was so embarrassed. And, of course, sick to boot.

Comment

Oh ... ugh

I am a nurse, but I am not a good person to take care of your when youre vomiting. I will dry heave with you. I'll dry heave to the med machine to get you some medication, and Ill dry heave as I push it in your IV. Ill even dry heave when I leave your room.

And seriously...that bus story?! WTF? Poor kid.

Comment

Like everybody else, I detest vomiting ... I broke a multi year streak last summer, and I can identify with that poor lady being mortified I was in admitting preop, had been migraining since 3 am [it was now 11 am] and the gas passer OKd one of the little paper cups of ginger ale as it was an hour before tee-off, and somehow that 1 oz of ginger ale ended up expanding to fill 3 emesis basins and cover the whole blanket on me Being a bit out of my mind with pain, and crying and heaving all I could do was keep apologizing ...

How the hell can a body produce so much vomit from so little
            EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

Because it's not just that little paper cup, it's the stomach acid which was present . . . and whatever else happened to be inside. I'd talk about it, but I'm not entirely up on the medical details.

Comment

Oddly enough, I can calmly clean up my family's vomit - but I will do everything in my power to keep from vomiting.

I CANNOT stand the sensation. At all.

But I'm a handy person to have around to clean the litter trays and nurse you when you're sick.
                Seshat's self-help guide:
                1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
                2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
                3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
                4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

These stories remind me of my own cashwrap story. It was a time of long hours and not enough staff. Come, walk with me back through the years...

I was helping a customer when I felt a stirring in my stomach. I called for the sup to come cover me at the end of the transaction, and tried to finish. I got to "your total is... your to--"

Then I was just barely able to give the 'just a sec' gesture, wave to my sup and gurgle out "excuse me." Fortunately, I'd been able to nudge a trash can into place, so my spew was nicely contained, even if it just wouldn't stop. The customers in line seemed horrified, so I made my way past my coworker and into the relatively empty Mystery section, where I continued my retching.

Sup: "_____, Where did you go? There's a line!" Then she saw me. "Are you okay?"

Me: "hurff" *splatoosh*

Sup: "I guess not."

I found out later that they threw away the trash can rather than clean it.

Comment

*laughs and snortS*

Rags.. and that carpet cleaner stuff (the powder stuff.. arm and hammer) is what I had to use
                    And i'm sorry.

Comment

I had a migraine a few weeks ago. Hadn't eaten much that day, but ended up hunched over the toilet for a good hour.

Not something I recommend.

I hate being sick. It's one of my least favourite things to have happen to me, and if I get the nausea feeling, I *KNOW* there better be a bathroom nearby. I'm incapable of suppressing it.

Comment

Quoth Oprah's Book Club View Post

I found out later that they threw away the trash can rather than clean it.
                        You reminded me of a time i threw up at work.

I was already on my way out b/c i had thrown up earlier. In the locker room, im dressing and heading out the door when the sensation hit again. I hit a trash can, finish up and alert the desk to please call housekeeping to empty the can since I had just hurled.

Anyone want to guess what everyone forgot that night?

I came back to work about 3 days later and EVERYONE was complaining about the funky smell in the locker room. I check the trashcan and its full....its also the same bag that contained my sick..and it was still sitting there.

Anyone know what vomit smells like, mixed with trash, 3 days later?

Comment

Quoth Amina516 View Post
                          Anyone know what vomit smells like, mixed with trash, 3 days later?
                          I don't, I cant imagine and I'm not going to try .

Comment

Just yesterday, we had a couple pukey rooms. I radioed Maint, in my most saccharine voice (he'd been a smartass to me all day):

Me: Maint, dear, sweet Maint, there's a mess up here in room 217. You're gonna need the carpet shampooer behind the bed by the window. Can you come clean this up, please? Thank you, Maint."

Worst mess I cleaned up, Maint and MOD refused to touch, and passed onto me. I spent about 10 minutes trying not to add to the mess. It was all over the carpet and the blankets, and it was...sloshy. I had no idea how to pick up the blankets without spilling more on the carpet. I mean, it was sooooo bad. I eventually bagged it all up and was going to toss it, but Laundry wanted to give it a shot at cleaning it. Okay, but I warned you! Told MOD next time screw it, we're biting the cost for HazMat. They actually get paid enough to deal with that kind of stuff!
                            Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Comment

Quoth bhskittykatt View Post
                              Me: Maint, dear, sweet Maint, there's a mess up here in room 217. You're gonna need the carpet shampooer behind the bed by the window. Can you come clean this up, please? Thank you, Maint."
                              Was that really the room number? My pukey guest was assigned the same room number.
                              To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

Working...
                              X