This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Disappearing Child/Thief Magnet.

No real suck today, just odd and brainless.

The Disappearing Child

A little girl and her dad come in and shop today. Dad tells the little girl to stay right there while he goes and puts the stuff in the car, ok?

You guessed it.

She disappeared in 2 seconds flat.

So I'm thinking "shit shit shit someone kidnapped her and changed her hair color and her clothes in 2 seconds and we're going to have to call the police and oh my god". I'm running around everywhere-toy aisle, the backroom, the pharmacy...Dad is running around with me, calling her name...

Suddenly I hear Dad behind me, being upset at the little girl.

Where was she? At the blood pressure monitor machine thing in the pharmacy, watching an old guy take his blood pressure. It's a kid magnet for some reason.

All was well. Poor little girl was upset because Dad denied her a Pillow Pet on the way out. (We need a Phew! smiley here I think).

Thief Magnet

So I'm placing the coupon envelope into the mailbox outside and I hear a car engine going. I go up to it and someone left their car running, with the windows down.

Bonus: Baby Dog

So at my Aid of Rite we allow dogs and animals in so long as you carry them in your arms. Put the animal down and you are GONE.

One woman came up with a rather clever idea. She came in, pushing a bright pink stroller, with her dog sitting in it, looking at everyone who passed by.
    Last edited by ralerin; 08-29-2010, 09:39 PM.
    Success is not final, failure is not fatal: It is the courage to continue that counts.-Winston Churchill

If you're going to feel like that every time a parent misplaces his kid in the store, I'm afraid you won't be able to handle the stress!

Comment

Glad the little girl was ok...but yeah, don't get so stressed out, or you'll burn out or something.

I think the stroller with the dog idea is brilliant lol. And awwwwwwwwwwwww, I now want to see the doggie in the pink stroller.
      "And so all the night-tide, I lie down by the side of my darling, my darling, my life and my bride!"
      "Hallo elskan min/Trui ekki hvad timinn lidur"
      Amayis is my wifey

Comment

Saw a lady with one of those dog strollers once. Seemed very sad/creepy.

Comment

Quoth Can I Help Your A$$? View Post
          If you're going to feel like that every time a parent misplaces his kid in the store, I'm afraid you won't be able to handle the stress!
          Of being a parent myself? Yes. I know this already.
          Success is not final, failure is not fatal: It is the courage to continue that counts.-Winston Churchill

Comment

Dontcha know they go in your purse if they're that small?

Well, I tried that once with Baby the cat. I'm lucky to still have two arms.
            You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

We have a lot of festivals on the weekends around here. I'm totally used to dogs in strollers now.
              A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

I live in an area where it's not completely unheard of for people to leave their car running and unlocked for a brief time, although it's not nearly as common as it was when I was a kid. Here's the best story I have about it. When I used to work at a gas station, some guy in the middle of winter left his car running and came in to grab a pack of smokes or something, left, came back as angry as I've ever seen anyone. No, the guy's car didn't get stolen, but someone opened the door, locked the car up, and slammed it shut. He had to call his wife to come out with his spare set of keys.

I laughed, but not until after he left.

Comment

I would bet that guy never left his car unlocked and running again. Hahaha!

Comment

If I lived close enough to the vet's office to walk there, I would totally have one of those pet strollers! I could walk the kitties to the vet. My sister has a similar item for her rabbits. We call it the Bunny Wagon.
                    When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Minor threadjack!

My mum and sister once left me and my sister's terrier mix in the car while they went into a Rite of Aid.... Was fine at first, but they had left ALL the windows down and had taken the keys with them and it started to rain HARD. I couldn't go in without Angel (the dog), cause she has and would jump out the car windows. But she's also a mid sized dog and hard to carry. She also get squirmy when she's in a weird place, and sees weird people. I went and stood just inside the doorway, apologizing to the lady about Angel, and asked her to page my mum so I could get the keys. Angel wasn't happy, and ended up not only getting away from me, but also getting out of her collar. She didn't go too far, cause it wasa weird place, and she didn't like it. But I ended up apologizing more while scooping her up and having a very squirmy and unhappy terrier in my arms. When my mum and sister FINALLY came up with the keys, they asked me why did I bring Angel in.... The same people that told me to stay in the car with her, and watch her since this Rite of Aid was near a very busy intersection... I hope that the Aide of Rite lady got a laugh out of it though! /end threadjack

Comment

Quoth ralerin View Post

So at my Aid of Rite we allow dogs and animals in so long as you carry them in your arms. Put the animal down and you are GONE.

One woman came up with a rather clever idea. She came in, pushing a bright pink stroller, with her dog sitting in it, looking at everyone who passed by.
                        We used to take our Yorkie sight-seeing with us a lot when we lived in the UK. Of course, we always left her in the car (weather permitting) or skipped a place with a no dogs sign. If allowed in, we always carried her within buildings. If not posted, we always asked to be sure it was ok,

Anyway, we wanted to look around a cathedral in one city, no sign was posted, so we came slightly in to find someone to ask. We were greeted by one of the priests, who told us sure, bring the little dog on in, no problem. We were chatting with him quite a while (he was incredible, when he saw I had an interest in the embroidered kneelers, he took me off to the vestry, not normally open to the public, and opened up locked drawers of embroidered vestments, some hundreds of years old, for me to see, I was in heaven).

Back to the subject (sorry) we were discussing the dog, and he told us that at one time, they did have a sign, stating dogs were allowed if carried. They decided to take down the sign and go case by case after one person actually toured the cathedral carrying a Great Dane on their shoulders.......

Madness takes it's toll....
                        Please have exact change ready.

Comment

Screw the kitty stroller my girl cat would love to be lugged around in a baby chest pack all damn day
                          https://www.youtube.com/user/HedgeTV
                          Great YouTube channel check it out!

Comment

Quoth Merriweather View Post
                            Back to the subject (sorry) we were discussing the dog, and he told us that at one time, they did have a sign, stating dogs were allowed if carried. They decided to take down the sign and go case by case after one person actually toured the cathedral carrying a Great Dane on their shoulders.......
                            Holy Cow (heheh)! How on Earth did they manage that without someone busting a rib, breaking their back or the dog getting hurt?!?

Comment

Quoth ralerin View Post

A good thing I'm wasn't there. I'd have trouble resisting the urge to look at the dog and say "Awww... You look just like your mommy!"
                              "Kamala the Ugandan Giant" 1950-2020 • "Bullet" Bob Armstrong 1939-2020 • "Road Warrior Animal" 1960-2020 • "Zeus" Tiny Lister Jr. 1958-2020 • "Hacksaw" Butch Reed 1954-2021 • "New Jack" Jerome Young 1963-2021 • "Mr. Wonderful" Paul Orndorff 1949-2021 • "Beautiful" Bobby Eaton 1958-2021 • Daffney 1975-2021

Comment

Working...
                              X