This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Karma > Stupidity

This is from last week. As a reminder, I teach at a business-type college. I teach English composition and related classes.

As a note, students at my school have access to an online bibliography creator. They enter the information, and the software formats the entries.

Dramatis Personae:
    Me: Your simian English teacher
    IS: Idiot student, who evidently believes I have "stupid bitch" printed across my forehead.

IS: Uh...I don't have any of my homework 'cuz my computer crashed.
    Me: I see. Did that include your bibliography?
    IS: Yeah.
    Me: Did you do your bibliography like I suggested?
    IS: Uh...yeah.
    Me: So that means you used [online software package]?
    IS: [Nods.]
    Me: Good. Go to the library right now, sign in, and print it out.
    IS: Um...
    Me: Which means you didn't do it. Nice try.

Seriously, I may look like a dumbass, but I know what tools are available to my students.
    Enjoy my latest stupid quest for immortality. http://1001plus.blogspot.com/

Buuuuuuuuuusted. I've used an online bibliography formatting thing, but it didn't save any of it...unfortunately.
    "And so all the night-tide, I lie down by the side of my darling, my darling, my life and my bride!"
    "Hallo elskan min/Trui ekki hvad timinn lidur"
    Amayis is my wifey

Comment

wow, now the software does the bibliography for them? All those nights I spent footnoting... All the headaches when everyone decided to switch to MLA formatting... Now the program does it for them AND they can't be bothered to even finish the assignment OR come up with a more convincing lie?! Lazy little bastards...

Comment

Ah, i love the online bibliography maker. Made things so much easier except that it didn't underline. Had to change italics to underlining before saving and printing or there would be much trouble. Damn, do the bibliography ahead of time, at least, so you can have some "proof" you were working on the assignment, even if you weren't.
        "I'm starting to see a pattern in the men I date" - Miss Piggy, Muppet Treasure Island

I'm writing!! Check out the blog.

Comment

People should be more obsessive about saving every 15 minutes... like me.

Of course, I also have to include "letting Photoshop crash once" in the mystical ritual required daily to let me use it at all.
          EVERYTHING YOU SAY IS CANCER AND MADNESS. (Gravekeeper)
          ~-~
          Also, I have been told that I am sarcastic. I don’t know where anyone would get such an impression.(Gravekeeper again)

Comment

IS: Uh...I don't have any of my homework 'cuz I spent my time getting wasted.
            Fixed that for ya
            When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

I don't think so with this guy. He's just really lazy and really dumb. He's dumb to the point that he'd have to drop his pants to count to 11.
              Enjoy my latest stupid quest for immortality. http://1001plus.blogspot.com/

Comment

Quoth LingualMonkey View Post
                I don't think so with this guy. He's just really lazy and really dumb. He's dumb to the point that he'd have to drop his pants to count to 11.

I love it
                https://www.youtube.com/user/HedgeTV
                Great YouTube channel check it out!

Comment

He probably can't count that high even with his pants down.

More like 10.1
                  Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

What about 12 and 13?!?

Comment

Oh, what I wouldn't have given for an online bibliography creator... Obviously, the student is the "stupid bitch".

Comment

Quoth Amina516 View Post
                        What about 12 and 13?!?
                        Two, ten, eleven: eyes, fingers, toes...
                        "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                        "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                        "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                        "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                        "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                        "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                        Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                        "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Because he's too stupid to take off his shoes .

Comment

He's also too stupid to think of a good excuse. Like this guy.

http://www.stupidcollegestudents.com...end-wrote-down

Comment

Quoth EricKei View Post
                              Two, ten, eleven: eyes, fingers, toes...
                              I was referring to his "berries"...

Comment

Working...
                              X