This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Treating Illegal Immigrants Differently

I hate it when customers say to me "you would treat me differently if I were black/white/green/had one leg/was a lesbian"

Everyone is treated the same, according to strict financial laws, any other treatment if I were audited on it would result in a lot of trouble for me, so no matter what your circumstances, I will apply the financial regulations to your situation and treat you accordingly.

This made me laugh today. I had just told amwoman I could not help her as what she wanted was not possible within the terms of her contract.

She got irritated and said "I bet you would help me if i was an illegal immigrant".

I really wanted to say -

"you know, illegal immigrants don't get special treatment ever because nobody knows who they are.If they are here they have fake identities, and none of them are going to say
    "hey look at me I'm an illegal immigrant, I demand special treatment"

The day one does tell me he is an illegal immigrant, he won't get special treatment from me, Ill be too busy calling the police to arrest him.

Customer "why did you answer the phone if you can't help me?"

oh, if only it were that true.
    Walk into financial aide with a german or british accent (there is no way I could pull off claiming to be here illegally from latin america)
    "yes, I am here illegally, please provide me with the better service you provide all illegals at this facility"
    Yeah, I have no desire to meet Mark Shurtleff thank you very much.
    If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

I get it on the phone every day. "You would have my power back if I was white/black/Cuban/etc." My favorite is when someone from my own race thinks I'm being racist. Dude, I know I no longer have my accent but if my company were racist I wouldn't have this job. Wait, this job is torture... Damn, maybe the customer has a point.

Comment

Thing is, if I hear people using the race/disability/whatever card over the silliest of things, then I'd be less inclined to believe someone with a legitimate concern. I hate people who try to manipulate your good intentions. I try to help people because it's my job and because I enjoy my work and honestly want to help. Trying to make me feel guilty in order to get your way will only piss me off.
        A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

Quoth bainsidhe View Post
          Thing is, if I hear people using the race/disability/whatever card over the silliest of things, then I'd be less inclined to believe someone with a legitimate concern.
          This.

I always shudder to think about legitimate racial/disability concerns that are glossed-over because we've all becom so desensitized due to assholes like these.
          "So, if you wanna put places like that outta business, just stop being so rock-chewingly stupid." ~ Raudf, 9/19/13

Comment

I get told I'm racist all the time. "You're doing this cause i'm black / white / asian/ a girl / a guy or in one case, a drag queen." No.. You aren't getting a room / getting kicked out cause you gave me and the other guests, nothing but shit. I don't care if you're purple with four eyes, get the hell out! LOL

Comment

Working...
            X