This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wicked! I love it.
    Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

A few months ago, I was trying to explain to the less-than-useless job coach about computer forensics. First she latched on to the word "forensics" and thought I wanted to go into forensics as in evidence, bodies and biohazards (well, I've seen some computers that could be classed as biohazards if that counts).

Then when I was finally able to wrap her head around the concept, she says (I kid you not) "You don't need training for that, the computer does it all in 10 minutes, right?" followed by "It says here you need criminal law classes, that doesn't have anything to do with forensics (umm, I would hope that the investigator has at least a basic understanding of procedures) and we can't approve that". She seems to think that digital forensics is all flash and you only need to know how to operate a computer.
      Last edited by Dreamstalker; 09-02-2010, 04:18 PM.
      "I am quite confident that I do exist."
      "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

This calls for some XKCD

http://xkcd.com/683/

Comment

I already have a thread about it on Fratching. It's old, but apparently still relevant.
          I AM the evil bastard!
          A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

I personally LOVE the shows that showcase actual forensic work and real cases. Forensic Files is one of the best shows out there to bring in a more realistic view on how cases are put together and presented with forensic evidence. Little boring for people who aren't total science nerds like me but still well done.

Comment

Quoth Chrismor View Post
              That's what we need. The complete, uncut versions of Judge Judy.

No please!
              FABRICATI DIEM, PVNC

You're not a unique snowflake unless you create your own mould (Raps)

***GK, Sarcastro, Lupo, LingualMonkey, BookBint, Jester, Irv, Hero & Marlowe fan***

Comment

Working...
              X