This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Miss_Stress View Post
    "I KNOW WHAT I GAVE HER! I GAVE HER A TWENTY AND IT WAS PURRRRPLE! DON'T YOU DARE SHIT ON MY GOOD NAME!
    I'm going to guess you're Canadian, and I am that someone dared to claim he gave a ten, when he clearly gave a purple twenty. (It's funny, because twenties are green and tens are purple).

SC: THIS won't do! I wanted a bigger bag so I could get stuff from other places without paying for a bag! That was the point!
    Yes, because carrying your bag from home, which is bigger, more durable, and hurts your hands less is such a horrible thing to do.

Quoth bankworking View Post
    Two: I fail to understand how paying one's own way (or at least living expenses) through college is in any way not intelligent.
    Because a week is only 168 hours long. Subtract sleeping, eating, bathing, cooking, cleaning, laundry, etc and you're down to 85-ish hours. It's very difficult to find a job that will let you work fewer than 10 hours/two shifts a week, especially off-campus (i.e. you have to hit both of those numbers). So now we're down to about seventy, and it's not entirely reasonable to expect people to never socialize for five years. So the average student isn't able to do so without their academics suffering. (I'm making the assumption here that we're talking full-time, as $100 week, minus CPP, EI and any union dues isn't really worth the difference in fees between part-time and full-time).

Granted, this makes the point that if you can do so without your academics suffering you're pretty damn smart.

Quoth Merriweather View Post
    Quoth XCashier View Post
    I wish we could pass a law forcing everyone to work in customer service for at least two months, then maybe these snobs will see that there are actual human beings behind the counters.
    It wouldn't help.
    I have to agree - both my parents worked retail, and they insisted that I do so (I got away without it, I was in the back most of the time). They're still SC's occasionally. Mostly about stuff like the store doing something really awful and they pick the wrong person to get upset with. (And no, it still counts as being a SC even if you stop as soon as the sales associate says "you're right, it's awful", especially if they don't get a word in edgewise.)

Comment

Do not steal things that are worth less than £1 sterling. Do not talk down to me.

Magpie, as per the quote, i'm inclined to believe that Miss_Stress is actually either from the UK or Austrailia... (I think i spelled that correctly...)
      "FUCK NO I DON'T WANT YOUR FREAKY ALIEN MOTHERSHIP ORANGES. " - Cookiesaur
      ~~

Munkie's NaNo WC: 9648

Comment

Quoth Munkie View Post
        Magpie, as per the quote, i'm inclined to believe that Miss_Stress is actually either from the UK or Austrailia... (I think i spelled that correctly...)
        I realised this after I read what I had quoted, I honestly did not see it when I first read it. I don't know how. However it was too funny to not put, just because of the coincidence.

Comment

I actually got a SC like that one "you can't be in college, let alone law school, working HERE" lady. Kicker, it was the WIFE of a guy from another store in the company! Told her daughter to do well in school so she wouldn't have to work retail... I politely told her that many of the employees had either already been to college and couldn't find work in their field, or were currently paying their way through. Forgot to add in "Because either Mom and Dad couldn't pay FOR them, or Mom and Dad WOULDN'T pay for them." Hindsight, 20/20...

I'm just curious about something... Why is it law in England that you have to be a certain age to purchase SUPER GLUE? oO Any kid can come in my store over here and buy super glue, as far as I know(No training has told me otherwise). I mean, if it's spray paint or canned air, I could understand(Actually got to tell some kids that I legally couldn't sell them the two cans of spray paint they were getting... But they and mom were understanding and had a genuine brainburp moment No suck here!), or a brand of cough syrup I can't spell the name of(Not that I'd buy it, it tastes NASTY... Lemme just suffer that cough another week...)... But super glue? oO
          Look, a signature!

If every cashier in the world went on strike, retail would come to a screeching halt, even if for a couple hours.

Comment

Quoth ThirdGenRetail View Post

I'm just curious about something... Why is it law in England that you have to be a certain age to purchase SUPER GLUE?
            It's to do with the law on intoxicating substances and substance abuse - the law here is that you must be 18 (therefore legally an adult) to buy things like superglue, spray paint, blades, tobacco, alcohol, etc. Kids can still buy craft glue and kid glue, but they can't buy superglue.

Comment

Quoth Magpie View Post
              I'm going to guess you're Canadian, and I am that someone dared to claim he gave a ten, when he clearly gave a purple twenty. (It's funny, because twenties are green and tens are purple).
              Its probably England, where the twenties are purple, the tens are a reddish/orange and the fives are green, fifties (if you ever see them) are a dark red/pink
              "You can only try so hard to look like you are working before actually doing your work seems easy in comparison" -My Boss

CW: So what exactly do you do in retentions?
              Me: ummm, I ....retent stuff?

Comment

Quoth Darkforge View Post
                Its probably England, where the twenties are purple, ....
                Sounds right.

Glue sniffing was the substance abuse of choice among teens when I was a lad. The laws about buying glue date back to then, (the 80's). Though quite how anyone could get high on a 3g tube of superglue, I don't know.
                "I can tell her you're all tied up in the projection room." Sunset Boulevard.

Comment

Quoth Kristev View Post
                  But darkness is fun. Come on, join the real side.
                  That reminds me of a t-shirt I recently saw:

Come to the Dark Side. We have cookies.
                  "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

SC:...You're lying

She walked off. I mean...huh? What just happened?
                    You challenged her preconceived notions. Some people react poorly to that.

Quoth Merriweather View Post
                    I'm afraid anyone enclined to be an SC anyway would view it that way, and feel they've done their time behind the counter putting up with SC's, now it's their turn to be the SCs from H*LL.
                    True. It would just change how they're SCs. You'd just start hearing these gems more often:
                    "I was a _______ for X years!"
                    "I've done this job, I know how it works!"
                    "I'd have done it for one of my customers!"

Just as narcissistic as ever, but now they think they have evidence they're right.
                    » Horse Words «·» Roleplaying Stuff «

Comment

Quoth cinema guy View Post
                      Sounds right.

Glue sniffing was the substance abuse of choice among teens when I was a lad. The laws about buying glue date back to then, (the 80's). Though quite how anyone could get high on a 3g tube of superglue, I don't know.
                      actually, its quite easy, I remember when I used to make airfix models and the like. Well one sat morning I was lying onthe sofa watching cartoons when a model fell off the shelf, I grabbed the superglue, fixed it back ona nd then lay down ont he sofa again, leaving the open tube of glue on arm of the sofa about 2 inches above my head.

I don't remember much of that weekend, but apparantly when I tried to get up my eyes were dilated and I couldn't walk straight and my parents couldn't get any sense out of me...

The doctors said I was very lucky I didn't get a worse reaction so since then I've been over cautious with any kind of solvents
                      "You can only try so hard to look like you are working before actually doing your work seems easy in comparison" -My Boss

CW: So what exactly do you do in retentions?
                      Me: ummm, I ....retent stuff?

Comment

Working...
                      X