Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why yes, that is olive oil on my pants...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Your milk is expensive.
    Unseen but seeing
    oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
    There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
    3rd shift needs love, too
    RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Oowe Gooey

Quoth MadMike View Post
      I have no idea how hard it is to clean that up, but I've seen some other messes that were nightmare. Like the time a jar of honey broke on the floor. The only way to clean it up was with extremely hot water to loosen it up. If the water started to cool, the honey would start to harden. And it wasn't just the honey that was difficult, it was also the bits of glass that were sticking in the honey and to the floor.

Another time, one of my coworkers accidently knocked a bottle of black dye onto the floor. It was a plastic bottle, but by sheer luck it came open. She managed to clean it up with bleach. Lots of bleach.
      For the sticky stuff, freeze spray is your friend.

Comment

Ugh, those types of messes are horrendous to clean up. I never had to clean up oil, but I helped a co-worker clean up mayonnaise once when I worked at The Bullseye. What a pain in the ass that was. First we had to try to get up all the globs without spreading it around too much. Then we had to try to spray the hell out of it with the shitty cleaner they gave us (we had the weakest, most diluted cleaner ever and we weren't allowed to use anything else). We may have even tried to use Xsorb on it, I don't remember. We spent forever on that mess, and still had to put a couple of safety cones up because the floor was as slippery as an ice rink in that area.

No one cried over it, though
        "So, let's build a snowman! We can make him our best friend. We can name him Bob or we can name him Beowulf! We can make him tall, or we can make him not so tall!"

Comment

for any oil spills, you guys should get some absorb-all. or even the stuff that garages use for cleaning up motor oil spills... i have a small bucket at work of some green absorbant stuff the HVAC and mechanic guys use when they spill oily substances. Let it sit for a good twenty minutes and then sweep it up. works fabu.
          "FUCK NO I DON'T WANT YOUR FREAKY ALIEN MOTHERSHIP ORANGES. " - Cookiesaur
          ~~

Munkie's NaNo WC: 9648

Comment

Never had to clean up olive oil, but the worst for me was a few fresh bags of sauerkraut. I hate the smell and taste to begin with, so I'm holding my nose while mopping up those juices. It wasn't gag-inducing, but close.

Comment

Quoth DGoddessChardonnay View Post
              Milk here is between 3 and 4 dollars a gallon, depending on where you purchase it.

Don't ask me about the eggs though . . . they've been going up again. I think the chickens and cows both asked for raises again.
              Haha, chickens can be greedy. And all those cows are moving out to California (I actually think those commercials are kinda cute)

Comment

California reppin'

Milk is 2.xx$ a gallon, eggs are like.. 2.48 (for 18 eggs, large) at the super expensive grocery store.
                Thou shalt not take the name of thy goddess Whiskey in vain.

Comment

If you were Popeye I doubt you'd be asking how to get Olive Oyl out of your pants.
                  To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

We sell loads of olive oil and the like and yes, it does bloody well take ages to clean up when some gets dropped.

However, honey and maple syrup are far, far worse.

Just experience from a warehouse.

Rapscallion

Comment

Quoth TruthHurts View Post
                      Cleanup On Aisle 3 A couple manages to drop a bottle of olive oil, that's not the sucky part. Watching the girlfriend burst into tears and clutch her boyfriend was. Having them stand there staring at the puddle while I'm trying to clean it up was. Commenting on how hard olive oil is to clean up was.
                      ...okay, I pretty much can figure out how much of a pain it was to clean up, but why the hell was the girl crying? That's what I wanna know.

Quoth Mr Hero View Post
                      If you were Popeye I doubt you'd be asking how to get Olive Oyl out of your pants.
                      ...you know, the collection of applied Rule 34 on that thought just tripled.
                      My other car is a Mackinaw.

Comment

Geeze, people. One Shamwow should have cleaned up the whole container of Olive Oil! Camera guy are you getting this???

Comment

i find dishsoap helps, and/or vinegar.
                          Shamus: Why hasn't anybody designs a cranium-anus extraction kit yet? It seems that so many people suffer from a improperly-stored head.

Comment

Quoth gaspode View Post
                            Olive oil, cooking oil, is easier to get up if you just sprinkle it with salt ,the salt absorbs the oil
                            I'd go with the kitty litter. Much, much cheaper by volume than salt.

Quoth DGoddessChardonnay View Post
                            Don't ask me about the eggs though . . . they've been going up again. I think the chickens and cows both asked for raises again.
                            It's easy to know why eggs might be going up. The whole scare with that nasty egg farm that shipped salmonella tainted eggs and is currently under investigation. It scares me that this place was never before inspected, even though it's been in operation for two years, at a minimum. And the feed place that is also implicated is said to be just as bad. *shudder*

^-.-^
                            Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Quoth flutes_and_fabric View Post
                              $9 for two gallons of milk! Geeze. Milk here costs $4 for two gallons. 5 if you get 3.
                              Quoth Whiskey View Post
                              California reppin'

Milk is 2.xx$ a gallon, eggs are like.. 2.48 (for 18 eggs, large) at the super expensive grocery store.
                              I am in California as well. However I work and live in a tourist beach town so the prices are a little higher than normal.
                              My Horror Blog

Cinemania

Comment

Working...
                              X