Clear All

• I cant find the pool

Guest: Dave, I just got here and I cant find the pool

Me: ok it is about 200 yards directly in front of the property

Guest: what does that mean? I am not from there

Me: if you walk down to the parking lot, you should see the pool

Guest: you cant tell me where it is?

Me: I did

Guest: well thats not descriptive enough. If I shoot an azimuth from my porch, what direction should I be facing?

Me: The pool right in front of the property

Guest: thats not what I asked you

Me: sir, I guess I dont understand what you are asking me

Guest: whats not to understand? If I shoot an azimuth from the porch, what direction would I need to face to find the pool?

Me: sir, all I know is if you walk 200 yards straight from the parking lot, you will find the pool

Guest: well I dont see it

Me: it's right there, sir

Guest: I have about had it with your attitude. I didnt pay $4000 to be treated this way. I wanna speak to a manager

I patched him through

Next time say, "Sir.....if I wanted to deal with anymore tools I'd go to Home Depot!".

Comment

Quoth vacation_rentals_suck View Post

Guest: well thats not descriptive enough. If I shoot an azimuth from my porch, what direction should I be facing?

You'll be facing jail time, azimuth aren't in season for another 2 months
      - They say nothing good happens at 2AM, they're right, I happen at 2AM.

Comment

Quoth Argabarga View Post
        You'll be facing jail time, azimuth aren't in season for another 2 months
        Oh man, I love it.
        I'm the 5th horsemen of the apocalypse. Bringer of giggly bouncy doom, they don't talk about me much.

Comment

"Right in front of the parking lot."
          "Sir, I require the exact latitude and longitude of the see-ment pond!"

Good grief.

Quoth ditchdj View Post
          Next time say, "Sir.....if I wanted to deal with anymore tools I'd go to Home Depot!".
          I want that line. Please let me use that line.
          My other car is a Mackinaw.

Comment

Sir, close your eyes, exit through the front door of your property, and continue walking straight ahead, until you eventually find yourself completely soaking wet, and your lungs filling with water....

Mike
            Meow.........

Comment

Dude didn't even know how to use "azimuth" properly. (It was zero degrees by the way). Using big words to look smart only works when you use them correctly. You really show yourself up if you don't. Of course, you show yourself up even more if you are a jackass like he was.

Comment

Unnbeeeleeevable!!!
                Too tired of living and too tired to end it. What a conundrum.

Comment

I can only assume that the guest wanted you to actually go to him, lift him upon your shoulders and physically carry him down to the water.

It staggers me the amount of spoon-feeding these people expect as their right.
                  Engaged to the sweet Mytical He is my Black Dragon (and yes, a good one) strong, protective, the guardian. I am his Silver Dragon, always by his side, shining for him, cherishing him.

Comment

Dave! I ws afriad you'd dropped off the earth! And of course, you come back with a real winner. What an ass. I'm sorry.

Comment

This might be the quickest you've ruined someone's vacation. And all you had to do was give them exactly the information they were asking for.
                      To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

Would it be condoning violence if I said there was a solution that would make everybody but the SC happy?

SC wants to know where the pool is right? Well, the OP can go show them, by 'accidently' pushing them in. Win/win. Right?
                        Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

My guess is that he glanced out the window of his property, didn't see it immediately, so he got frustrated.

Comment

azimuth |ˈazəməθ| noun
                            • the horizontal angle or direction of a compass bearing.

There's the problem - you were giving him a relative bearing, not an absolute one. That meant he had to do extra work in order to determine the orientation of the building and convert that into something his compass could interpret.

You'd think that owning a compass would indicate some level of map-reading skill, though.

Comment

Heehee, just for fun, maybe look-up the actual lat/lon of the pool on Google Earth and give that to the guest!

What did he want from you? Go out the building, straight across the parking lot, bingo. Simple as that. Maybe he needed landmarks "Ok, you turn west at the shrub, past the blue Chevy, between the Hummer and the Beamer, and there you go!"

Ah Dave, how I've missed you! So how's that book coming along?
                              Last edited by LillFilly; 09-12-2010, 01:29 PM.
                              "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Comment

Working...
                              X