This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Kristev View Post
    I know that, at least for a while, in England names like Robin and Beverly were considered boy names.
    Beverly was also used as a boy's name in the US: General Beverly Holcombe Robertson.
    "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

I've known more male Robins than female.

John Wayne's real first name was Marion.
      Aliterate : A person who is capable of reading but unwilling to do so.

"A man who does not read has no advantage over a man who cannot" - Mark Twain

Comment

Quoth Gravekeeper View Post
        Me: “And your name please?”
        SC: “Its………..um….”
        Heh. I have to feel a certain sympathy for the dude. Due to a weird curve in the roof of my mouth, I am unable to actually pronounce my own last name. I have to spell it out every...bloody...time. So sometimes there will be an 'Um... ' but it's usually followed by 'Let me spell it for you.'

Don't even arsk about the name of the village I live in. It's got about 16 more letters than it sounds like it has.

I rarely order anything over the phone.
        What colour is the sky in your world and how high of a dosage do you need before it turns back to blue? --Gravekeeper

Comment

Quoth mharbourgirl View Post
          Heh. I have to feel a certain sympathy for the dude. Due to a weird curve in the roof of my mouth, I am unable to actually pronounce my own last name. I have to spell it out every...bloody...time. So sometimes there will be an 'Um... ' but it's usually followed by 'Let me spell it for you.'

Don't even arsk about the name of the village I live in. It's got about 16 more letters than it sounds like it has.

I rarely order anything over the phone.
          ahh, i know your pain, I've taken to spelling my own name each time. I'll just say"i'll spell it for you, it'll be easier" and then spell it phonetically, although I did once have someone interrupt me after the first letter saying"oh, i know how to spell Victor, you don't need to spell that out for me"

(she apologised 12 letters later)
          "You can only try so hard to look like you are working before actually doing your work seems easy in comparison" -My Boss

CW: So what exactly do you do in retentions?
          Me: ummm, I ....retent stuff?

Comment

Working...
          X