Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

non-compliance notice (long, and gross!)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• non-compliance notice (long, and gross!)

Background: I work in the office of my apartment complex. It's a nice-ish property and we don't usually see much of the police department, but they did pay us a visit recently. I witnessed none of these incidents myself first hand, but did get accounts from those who were there.

A relatively recent move-in – young guy with white-collar job – is partying at the bar next door with two friends. They get schnockered and begin to behave badly, enough so that they are banned from the bar. For life. Which is a pretty big achievement, because this bar is a total dive. On their way out of the bar they begin hitting parked cars in the lot with their fists, a brilliant idea because the bar's clientele can get a little rough – a prominent local biker gang has made it their number one hangout, for instance. Amazingly, the bartender shoos them off the property before they are pummeled beyond recognition.

They stumble back to the resident's apartment. The resident, who we'll call R, and one friend, J, go inside to crash, while the other friend, C, heads back to his car. Apparently C had enough sense to decide not to drive home in his inebriated state because he returned about fifteen minutes later. By this time R is asleep in his room and J is passed out on the living room couch. C stands on the patio and commences to bang on the sliding glass door, attempting to get the attention of his friend on the couch a few yards away. He begins yelling J's name on top of his lungs. This naturally attracts the attention of our night patrol guy, who lives on the property and knows everyone. Patrol Guy, who happens to be one of my favorite people ever, decides to tell him that there is nobody living there named J and that he needs to go. As he heads towards the apartment to speak with the gentleman, C drops trou and blasts a dookie on the pebbles in front of the apartment. Patrol Guy, who is quite huge, tells him at this point that he is leaving the property, under no uncertain terms. C looks PG dead in the eye, drops his keys into the bowel movement, and announces, “I ain't goin' nowhere.”

C then turns around and breaks the glass on the patio door and, miraculously not severing any major arteries, reaches in and unlocks the door and opens it. As he begins to step inside, he remembers his keys and picks them up. He wipes his hand along the wall and steps inside. PG wastes no time in calling the police.

When the police arrive, R and J are still passed out, while C is washing his hands in the bathroom. J had brought a huge dog over – one more thing to write R up for, since we keep pet permits and visiting pets are very much not allowed – and, wanting to avoid trouble, grabbed the visiting pet and put him safely into the back of the patrol car. The police begin yelling through he shattered patio door to try and wake up whoever is in there, but everyone is too far gone to wake up. They are just about to release the dogs, who are in full attack mode because PG of course has reported the break-in as a probable burglary with the suspect still inside, when J wakes up. He doesn't realize what has woken him up at first, just notices his dog is gone.

At the point when R wakes up a few minutes later and stumbles out into the living room in his underwear, J is sitting on the steps sobbing because he thinks his dog ran away, C is washing human feces off his arms in the bathroom, and the police are letting themselves into the living room, which is covered in shattered glass, with weapons drawn and attack dogs primed.

I really wish I had been the one who got to write up the non-compliance notice for that one!

You know, I kinda feel sorry for J. Only a teensy bit, 'cause it's hard to have your pet go missing.

But for all the rest of it, they deserve everything they get.

^-.-^
    Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

So, let me get this straight... you work in a nice-ish neigbourhood, and the police uses ATTACK DOGS to go after BURGLARS???? I'd hate to see what they do in a not-nice area!

So, what consequences is R facing? I'd say waking up to THAT scenario is punishment enough... hey, drunk people do stupid shit... wake up, sober up, take your lumps and move on.
      You gotta polish a memory like a stone. Chip off the parts that remind you it was just a game. Work it until it's indistinguishable from any other memory.

Comment

Quoth Canarr View Post
        So, let me get this straight... you work in a nice-ish neigbourhood, and the police uses ATTACK DOGS to go after BURGLARS???? I'd hate to see what they do in a not-nice area!
        That's a fairly common tactic everywhere.

If a building needs to be cleared a dog is an excellent tool with which to do it - they can detect people in all sorts of hidey holes that a person wouldn't even think of looking in. It also means that should Billy Burglar try to do a runner they won't get very far...
        A PSA, if I may, as well as another.

Comment

This was classic! So many levels of fail I can't even count them all!

Please keep us informed if you hear any more...

Comment

Well. C had a bit of an attitude problem, didn't he?

I'm betting him and R aren't friends anymore!!!
            "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Comment

That's nasty.
              What does C think he's a lion, scat-marking his territory?
              Happiness is the exercise of vital powers along lines of excellence in a life affording you scope.

Comment

I bet they don't even remember what they did that night.
                I totally want to see what happens to them later.
                Sucky Customers- Have the ability to convert non-drinkers into raging alcoholics in one phone call or less.

Comment

Quoth Talon View Post
                  What does C think he's a lion, scat-marking his territory?
                  Nope, just drunk. Drunk folks don't use what you or I would recognize as logic, so they tend to do things most people wouldn't consider.

Of course, once you understand drunk-thought, it is possible to get them to do the most foolish things for blackmail pictures when they sober up.
                  The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
                  "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
                  Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

I believe it. I've been around enough alchies to know that they don't think period.
                    You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Quoth Geek King View Post
                      Of course, once you understand drunk-thought, it is possible to get them to do the most foolish things for blackmail pictures when they sober up.
                      See, I've known a lot of people who do things that they agree are incredibly stupid when drunk, but it tends to be "Man I was sooooo drunk, I did so much stupid shit", rather than any sort of shame.

Comment

Any updates on this?
                        "Good morning, and in case I don't see ya, good afternoon, good evening, and good night!" - The Truman Show

Comment

Is it rare that I just get really happy and friendly when drunk?

Sounds like a class-act group of friends, anyway. Would love to know what the end result was, and whether any charges were filed.

Comment

Quoth Canarr View Post
                            The patrol officer reported it as a possible burglary with the suspect still in the apartment. Dogs are a very good idea as they have no idea if said person is armed with a gun. Dog subdues, arrest, yay.

I want to know what R was charged with.

Is it rare that I just get really happy and friendly when drunk?
                            I have three modes

1) HAY GUYS SUP LETS HANG OUT BE FRIENDS ;*
                            2) You should get the blue hell away from me in the next three seconds
                            3) ILL FIGHT EVERY LAST ONE OF YOU

3 doesnt happen very often, the looks you get in stage 2 are enough.
                            Thou shalt not take the name of thy goddess Whiskey in vain.

Comment

Okay, I've never heard of that... in Germany, police dogs are either used by customs (sniffing for drugs), the bomb squad (sniffing for explosives) or search units (sniffing for missing people).

Using attack dogs to clear an unidentified burglar out of an apartment would be a huge liability issue - mostly because German law is pretty strict with regards to "use of proportionate amounts of force". Meaning: the use of a trained attack dog to subdue, say, an unarmed teenager breaking into an apartment would be a disproportionate amount of force, and the officer in question would be facing criminal charges if the kid got hurt.
                              You gotta polish a memory like a stone. Chip off the parts that remind you it was just a game. Work it until it's indistinguishable from any other memory.

Comment

Working...
                              X