This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hang on!

Holy crap... did a closing self check tonight... had a guy on one of the registers who was on his phone the entire time he was checking himself out.
    He scans booze first, and, as I'm helping a customer on a different register, he has to wait (horror!), however, I quickly look over to guy and clear him (he looked 40) and go back to helping the other customer.
    G: "Hey, can you come over here and ID me so I can finish?"
    J: "I already did, sir."
    G: "Oh," *to phone* "I swear, this idiot..." (at least, I think he said that... so I didn't confront him about it.)
    He continues checking out, taking every full bag off the scale the moment it's full, meaning I clear a dozen or so errors for him. When he gets finished, an error popped up that I couldn't clear on my Ipad, so I wandered over to the control register and tried to clear it there. No go. I keep trying to clear it, and it's going nowhere. Crap.
    G: "Are you going to assist me or what?"
    J: *showing me tapping the Ipad* "I'm trying, sir... looks like it froze, hold on a moment..." I reset the computer, and let him finish up, glad to see the back of him...
    "I call murder on that!"

I don't know how long I would last overseeing a self check out stand.

I'd give them the first clear free, but after that, I'd make the douchebag wait after every bag removal for me to go over, see that he removed the bag, tell him he can't do that because it confuses the system, and only then clear it. And every time after that it would take me longer to "be available" to go over and clear it for him.

I bet he'd either catch on quick or go ballistic, and I'd make damn certain that I did everything with sugar and lollipops, just for extra irritation.

Yeah, I don't think I'd last long.

^-.-^
    Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Having spent time as a greeter as well, now, really, all I have to say is the people who come into my store appear to be borderline mentally deficient... that's really all there is to it. If I push carts out for incoming customers, and position them so they're ready to just be picked up, people ignore them and go for carts they have to pull out on their own... On Uscan, people just ignore the directions... I can't win in a customer service position at this store.
      "I call murder on that!"

Comment

That's the whole point of it.
        Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

Working...
        X