Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If we ignore the SCs, do they actually really exist?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If we ignore the SCs, do they actually really exist?

So, last week, I made a comment that I didn't have to deal with too many SCs at my job. Of course, because I said that, the insane asylum opened their doors and the calls keep coming. Some worse than others, and some just amuse me.

Imaginary Writing Utensil

Why would you call and not have something to write with? Seriously? First of all, you screwed up and want me to make a correction over the phone... not gonna happen. Fax me that paperwork and I'll be happy to fix it. Oh good, you're at least willing to fax the paperwork, unlike the EWs yesterday, so that's not a problem. Let me give you our fax number. You don't have a pen? What about a marker? I hear a kid in the background, so maybe you have a crayon around? Oh, you're driving? Not only that, you're in a Mickey Dee's Drive-thru? *sigh* Next time, maybe you can call back when you have a pen. Or at least have a tube of lipstick... you can use the rear view mirror to write on your forehead. K? Thanks.

Where I hijack someone else's email....

I don't go by my legal name... haven't used it except for legal reasons for the past decade/ My legal name is... well, let's say it's BoringName. But everyone (including the CEO) calls me my nickname... let's say everyone calls me Wenchie.

When I answer the phone, I give my name as Wenchie. Everyone calls me Wenchie. But the "From" on my emails shows BoringName, so when someone gets an email, it shows that they received an email from BoringName. But in the body of the email it says "My name is Wenchie and I'm a Customer Care Representative blah blah blah and then at the bottom it says "Sincerely, Wenchie."

Normally not a problem. People ask, I tell them that BoringName is my legal name but I prefer to use Wenchie. People don't really care.

Except last night.

Was on the call with a client, I introduce myself as Wenchie, and then I have to send her an email with some instructions. She sees that it comes from BoringName and it's like someone flipped a switch from normal to sucktacular.

SC: Why is the email from BorningName?
    ME: That's my legal name but everyone calls me by my nickname.
    SC: I don't believe that! You're trying to hide your identity! You don't want me to know who you are!
    ME: Ummm... no, if you call or email us and ask for either BoringName or Wenchie, you'll get me.
    SC: Liar! You're a liar! You hacked into someone else's email and you're pretending to be them! Fucking bitch!

(At this point I can practically hear the SC foaming at the mouth. I take a moment to compose myself... mostly because I'm shocked, and reply back in a level voice.)

ME: I'm sorry you feel that way, but I assure you that it's me.
    SC: How dare you! Why would you do that?! You're fucking crazy! (hangs up)

ME: *blinks* Did SHE just call ME crazy?

Ohhhh... ok. I don't remember ordering the Crazy Lady Surprise, but... *shrug*

So I mention it this morning in our meeting and the CEO tells me to go to IT and have them change my name on the emails. IT Guy is not so happy about this, but I told him that he can talk to CEO Lady if he has any questions.

Please leave your coasters at the door

I ask what browser you're using, since troubleshooting steps are different for different browsers. Makes sense to us, right?

Two people already today.

Woman using part of our system that is browser neutral for the most part. She says that she's running Firefox. Not a problem.

But of course she's not running Firefox. She's running AOL. AOL. Seriously. WTF?! No! Remember what I said about "browser neutral for the MOST part?" Yeah... AOL is the part that isn't supported. We won't touch that with a ten-foot pole triple wrapped... makes my skin crawl just thinking about it, and pretty sure that AOL is not covered by my PPO.

There is a reason that I got a raise and you didn't...

When someone leaves a voicemail for my department, it will ring through to someone who's available to take a call, but this only happens if there are no calls in the queue for a few minutes. We also have two people ("P" & "C") designated to check voicemails since it doesn't always ring to an extension. If the VM rings to your phone (or if you're checking VMs as part of your job) you can distribute the VMs to other people in the department so the person who answers isn't responsible for returning all of the calls. "P" is supposed to check for VM every hour during the afternoon.

So, this afternoon, the VM system rang to my phone. Now, someone had already assigned me a VM this morning, and I was also in the middle of a project, so I pulled up the spreadsheet to see who I could transfer it to. I can see that "P" hasn't had a VM assigned to her since August 23rd. So, I assign it to her and log it in the spreadsheet.

Apparently, she was pissed off. She went over to "C" and started bitching about me because I dared to transfer a VM to her. Apparently, in her mind, the fact that she's in charge of distributing VMs in the afternoon means that she shouldn't have had one assigned to her. "C" found all of this amusing and send me a PM calling "P" the Psycho Convention.

The funny thing is... the VM came in over an hour before it rang to my phone... but we were busy enough that it didn't ring through earlier than that. If "P" had actually done her job and checked the VMs every hour like she's supposed to, she would have received the VM and assigned it to someone else. Probably me.
    *giggle*

A dream come true

Just received a call:

ME: Blah blah blah give me your name & ID.
    Caller: I'm in the midst of something and it just came up, I'll have to call you back. (hangs up)

I look at the time in queue... 32 seconds, from the time the person called in to the time she hung up. So.... in that 32 seconds, she called in with a question or problem but yet decided that something was much more important and will now have to call back in the future and wait again... and maybe for a long time since I am now the only person answering phones? Or maybe she was sleep-dialing and just woke up to hear the dulcet tones of my voice?

Or perhaps.... am I now a Call-Deterrent?

--------------------------------

I still have 3 1/2 hours left of my shift... split shift today (8-3:30 at the office, then 5-9 at home) so I normally take a nap between shifts.

But someone disturbed my nap and I couldn't fall back asleep... Blame Mytical for me being tired tonight!
    "Good morning, and in case I don't see ya, good afternoon, good evening, and good night!" - The Truman Show

Mytical, it's all your fault.
    And wow, that's a lot of suck...Although the VM thing is all pretty silly to me.
    Oh wook at teh widdle babeh dwaggin! How cyuuute babeh dwag-AAAAAAAUUUGGGHHHH! *nom*
    http://jennovazombie.deviantart.com

Comment

Quoth zombiequeen View Post
      Mytical, it's all your fault.
      And wow, that's a lot of suck...Although the VM thing is all pretty silly to me.

Yeah... the VM thing was silly to me too. Grow up. Do your job. LOL

There is a non-silly suck in the Cursing out Coworkers section right now that is still putting me in kill-mode.... I have to remember that I have a 4 day weekend coming up in a little over a week, and maybe I can get out and do something fun.
      "Good morning, and in case I don't see ya, good afternoon, good evening, and good night!" - The Truman Show

Comment

Haha... in my early years of serving the public, I sometimes closed my eyes for longer than a blink, and wished that when I opened them that the person in front of me was gone. Never works that way, of course.
        Suckiness is reinforced up OR down at every transaction. Accepting BS makes them worse for all of us; firm fairness trains them to suck less.

Comment

It's a full moon week . . . it brings out the SC's like moths drawn to a flame.
          Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

I can see something coming up suddenly, even in 32 seconds (if you have kids, say). I give them points for saying "sorry" and not trying to continue the conversation, but take many many away for not phrasing it as "sorry, something just came up" (Yes, I know they said it just came up, but it's like the student who says "no. I have permission." instead of "Oh, I have permission".)

Comment

I was calling to be placed in the Que for Tech Support the other day
              as soon as the lady (whom I adore) answered a call I had been watching for for the past 3 days finally called.
              I said - "Hey *nickname* gotta run" I called her back 30 min later and explained the situation to her
              she had to laugh - she said normally people just hang up when she answers in those situations - they don't realize she has caller ID
              I am the only one that actually speaks to her and then apologizes for being rude . . I was forgiven

Comment

Quoth Magpie View Post
                I can see something coming up suddenly, even in 32 seconds (if you have kids, say). I give them points for saying "sorry" and not trying to continue the conversation, but take many many away for not phrasing it as "sorry, something just came up" (Yes, I know they said it just came up, but it's like the student who says "no. I have permission." instead of "Oh, I have permission".)
                Yeah, I have to give her points for saying Sorry. But since my phone's caller ID actually showed her number, I know that this particular "lady" had a habit of hanging up if she doesn't get the person she wants to talk to... which is why I'm assuming that was the case. *shrug*

Quoth Emrld View Post
                I was calling to be placed in the Que for Tech Support the other day
                as soon as the lady (whom I adore) answered a call I had been watching for for the past 3 days finally called.
                I said - "Hey *nickname* gotta run" I called her back 30 min later and explained the situation to her
                she had to laugh - she said normally people just hang up when she answers in those situations - they don't realize she has caller ID
                I am the only one that actually speaks to her and then apologizes for being rude . . I was forgiven
                I'd forgive you too!

Comment

Quoth bardicwench View Post
                  Caller: I'm in the midst of something and it just came up, I'll have to call you back.
                  Hmm. Sounds to me like she was involved in something far more interesting
                  Dammit !! ~ Jack Bauer

Comment

Quoth ShootMePlease View Post
                    Hmm. Sounds to me like she was involved in something far more interesting
                    Let me clarify... older woman! So really don't wanna think about that.

Need the brain bleach now please!

Comment

Here sweets.
                      *swats Mytical* Bad boy. Let her nap. THEN harrass her. More energy for her to answer with.
                      Wench: Your VM thing was funny.

Comment

Quoth superhotelworker View Post
                        Here sweets.
                        *swats Mytical* Bad boy. Let her nap. THEN harrass her. More energy for her to answer with.
                        Wench: Your VM thing was funny.
                        Don't swat Mytical too hard. He might enjoy it. And then I want to watch. :P

And yeah... the VM thing was funny. It amused me SO much that she got so bitchy about it. *giggles*

Comment

Yeah. It's the stupid slackers who cry the hardest about being made to actually do their jobs when if they'd done their jobs in the first place, they wouldn't have had to do as much work.

Idiots.

^-.-^
                          Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Quoth Andara Bledin View Post
                            Yeah. It's the stupid slackers who cry the hardest about being made to actually do their jobs when if they'd done their jobs in the first place, they wouldn't have had to do as much work.
                            Exactly. Some people spend a lot of time crying about how they have too much to doooooo , when if they just shut up and did it, they'd get it all done and probably with time to spare.
                            When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Quoth MoonCat View Post
                              Exactly. Some people spend a lot of time crying about how they have too much to doooooo , when if they just shut up and did it, they'd get it all done and probably with time to spare.
                              I seem to remember a parent or two saying something like that in the distant past.
                              "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Working...
                              X