X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Get the door it's...

Domingos?

I'm not sure if other hotels do this. Superhotworker and others could probably answer this question. Do you get key cards that have advertisements for pizza chains?

I had a customer who needed to get his key replaced since he said he lost his key. Once I issued him a new key, he looks at it and notices it's the same as the card in his wallet.

"I saw this card for Domingo's pizza and I thought it was something else. Wow how clueless do you have to be to mangle the name of a national brand?
    To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

O.o Could it be a city brand place that has like one building?

And I have gotten a Pizza Hut card before...so wanted to keep it...so didn't want to pay the five bucks.

Comment

Domino's Pizza is clearly not just one store. Even though the logo was clearly marked on the card, the guest kept reading it as Domingo's Pizza, and in a way he hadn't even heard of Domino's.
      To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

Quoth Aethian View Post
        And I have gotten a Pizza Hut card before...so wanted to keep it...so didn't want to pay the five bucks.
        *blink blink* Some hotels charge five bucks for the card keys? Good lord.
        A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

I think I was being played Bainsidhe, but I wasn't about to try and call bluff.

So was the name misspelled on the card or was the guy saying it wrong?

Comment

Quoth Mr Hero View Post
            Superhotworker
            intetional or Freudian slip?
            Thou shalt not take the name of thy goddess Whiskey in vain.

Comment

LMAO I didn't even notice that whiskey! I read my name correctly in my head. LMAO

and yeah, ours have Domino's on it too. We used to have the HUT, but they never called us back when we asked if they wanted to advertise on our keys. Well, we had Domino's anyway. We now have red and white keys with our bright ugly yellow logo on them.

Comment

Quoth Aethian View Post

So was the name misspelled on the card or was the guy saying it wrong?
                Everything on the card was spelled correctly. Guy was saying it wrong.

Quoth Whiskey View Post
                intetional or Freudian slip?
                Both. I thought about spacing out the words there, but it would have been too obvious. Honestly, I thought it would have gone undetected for longer than that.

Comment

Oh! I get it now...yea sounds like the guy was more then a bit behind on places to eat.

Comment

Quoth Mr Hero View Post
                    Superhotworker

Smooth...
                    "Good morning, and in case I don't see ya, good afternoon, good evening, and good night!" - The Truman Show

Comment

King Of Queens- Dominos Pizza

Comment

Quoth Mr Hero View Post
                        Domingos?
                        Delivered with an aria?
                        I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                        Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                        Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

We have Domino's pay for our keycards, so their ads are on them. Some customers get confused and think they're coupons.

Quoth bainsidhe View Post
                          *blink blink* Some hotels charge five bucks for the card keys? Good lord.
                          Holy crap! I tell guests who forget to turn in their keys and call and ask if they should send them back to not bother, it's not even worth the stamp! We pay 1 cent for every 500 cards. (Of course, Dominos subsidizes the cost nicely for us...not sure what it comes out to if we had to pay the full cost.)
                          Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Comment

We don't but I've seen a couple that do have ads on them. Another hotel in the city has a great one, it's the city sky line, and they get them free/dirt cheap (I'm not sure which) because a local business is plastered over the back - we haven't stolen one for the office... ahem.
                            "So you think they named this ship the "Chimera" because there's a monster on board?" Tony DiNozzo

"They did not name it the puppy" Ziva David - NCIS, Chimera

Comment

UMMMM.... my father-in-law could do something like that. I mean for crying our loud he drives an Extra this a popular car but he still can't say it right. It always comes out as Mascara, I joked around with him and his GF about it sounding like a make-up i should put on. But he does stuff like that all the time I don't get it but you got love him for his corks and he takes jokes well.

Comment

Working...
                              X