This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Most annoying haggler

I work in a business where haggling is commonplace. SC asks for a room rate.

Me: $79.99
    SC: What about for 2 rooms?
    Me: I can do $69.99. I also list our ammenities.
    SC: We plan to stay until Saturday. Is there any way you can do any better.
    Me: For that many nights I could do $64.99 per night.
    SC: And that's the lowest you can go?
    Me: Yes
    SC: Are you the manager?
    Me: No
    SC: If I talked to the manager in the morning would they give me a better rate? Because maybe I can take my business elsewhere.
    Me: (Would you please? I'd really appreciate it.) I doubt it.
    SC: So $64.99 is the lowest you can go?
    Me: Yes.
    SC: Even though we're getting 2 rooms for 4 nights each.
    Me: Yes, and that's why I discounted it from $79.99 down to $64.99 per night.

FFS lady, quit it already! If you agree to $64.99 per night for 2 rooms, 4 nights, my manager isn't likely going to give you a better deal. He wants us to sell for as much as possible.
    To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

LOL Not as bad as one I got one weekend.

"Can you go lower than 72.99?"
    Me: "Sure.. 70.99.." (I'm not making this easy."
    "Lower?"
    Me: "63.89 is the best I can do."
    "I want a 48.00 room!"
    Me: "That's for weekly stays only. You're here for one night and local."

Comment

Here in Vegas, the locals actually get like 10-20% knocked off the rooms, depending on the property. I got a suite at the Trump for $70 a night a few months ago.

The SC in the OP is just being a cheap SoB. The last offer is practically getting the last night for free with the discount.

you wanna haggle? Goto Priceline or Expedia and pray they don't phuk up your reservation.

CH
      Some People Are Alive Only Because It Is Illegal To Kill Them

Comment

If I'm looking for a cheap hotel room and don't care where I stay, I'll do the "pick your price" thing at Priceline. If I need (or want) a room in a specific hotel, I call that hotel or look on their website and see what the prices are. *shrug* You get what you pay for... if you want to stay somewhere specific, you're going to have to pay for it!
        "Good morning, and in case I don't see ya, good afternoon, good evening, and good night!" - The Truman Show

Comment

In the off season we don't drop our rates much at all but if you go through any travel site you can get them for next to nothing. I think it is because we are a timeshare that also rents and we have plenty of people who buy winter weeks and then exchange them (or plan to exchange them) so we have a lot of room that we know will be open but until the last minute they aren't actually open, I have no idea really but last winter our units (two bed 2 bath unit with full kitchen, living room, dining room, etc.) were like under $40 a night on Travelocity but they were over $100 if you went through us, no wiggle room unless you are an owner (and people wonder why we have so many one nighter college students rent that time of year ).

Comment

Working...
          X