This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ding dong SC Calling

I am at a point where I have to laugh or I will have to scream.

I have been in my job since Feb of this year. One of the biggest complaints I get is that the phone is never answered.
    I am only one person and we only have one phone. If I don't answer it means a:I am not in the office b:I am in the restroom c:I am on the phone already or d:the boss is in the office for one of his 5 min stop ins and I am not to answer the phone when he is here

the phone is not set up to where I can place the call I am already on, on hold and then come back - it is however set so that the second call has the ability to leave a voice message

Co-Worker (he is in a feild position - so not in the office itself) just got chewed out by a customer who claims to have been calling the office for the last two days with no answer. When asked what time of day did they call and did they leave a voice mail - they told him early morning - ding ding ding - I am not in the office at 7:30 am - you want a return call you have to leave a message so that I know to call you

had another one who claimed to be calling - they were calling the wrong number

of course my favortie is the customer who calls and as soon as it goes to voice mail hangs up calls back over and over - I counted 17 times in a row last time - when it started I was on the other line with another customer on the 18th time I was able to actually answer the call - the lady was giggling and laughing on the other end of the phone - I apologized and mentioned that I had been on another call with a customer - and all she could do was life - I asked how may I help her - ummmmm she forgot and would call later

I understand that in the past their was not always someone in the office to actually take your call
    I can guarantee you will not get a call back if you don't leave a message -
    side note - just leaving your first name or just a phone number will not get you a return call - I do need a message like - this is Jo at ###-###-#### my lawn wasn't mowed

We had a customer who would call the main call center number instead of directly dialing her sales rep's extension because "she's never there!" Now, the sales rep was one of those people who almost never takes a sick day and half the time wouldn't take a lunch or a break because she was so busy (ah, those were the days...) This customer just didn't like voicemail, so she refused to leave a message if a live body didn't pick up the phone on the first ring. She was high maintenance in other ways, too (as well as nuts).
    When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Working...
    X