This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Annoying Coin Collector.

Here's one I forgot to post in my "What the FUCK is WRONG With this Place?!?" thread.

There's a semi regular ish customer who comes in with her son and the son is obsessed with antique (wheat and below) pennies and nickels below 1950. He came up to me and constantly asked me if I had any of the coins. Constantly.

"You have wheat pennies in there, right? How about nickels from 1950? It's so HARD to find dimes and quarters that are old because no one wants to give those away. You DO have wheat pennies in there? Excuse me? Excuse me? Are you listening? Hey? Huh? Do you have nickels in there too, right? It's so hard to find old dimes and nickels though if you have any I want them. Excuse me? Do you have any of them in there? Do you? Huh? Hey, are you listening? Huh? Hey, listen to me! Can you look and see if you have any wheat pennies?"

"Nope, sorry kiddo."

He did the same with cashier A, who was getting very curt with her answers until she finally slammed her drawer shut and said, "Nope, sorry kiddo."

His mother was a bit motified at how pushy he was being.
    Success is not final, failure is not fatal: It is the courage to continue that counts.-Winston Churchill

Oh my. That's just.. "STOP ASKING!" Material. LOL

Comment

Hey kid! You, kid! Hey, kid!
      You gonna stop annoying me yet?
      Huh? C'mon, you're annoying me!
      Yo! Stop annoying me already!
      ...and so on and so on until he gets the point.
      I can out-annoy almost anyone.
      Oh wook at teh widdle babeh dwaggin! How cyuuute babeh dwag-AAAAAAAUUUGGGHHHH! *nom*
      http://jennovazombie.deviantart.com

Comment

Quoth zombiequeen View Post
        Hey kid! You, kid! Hey, kid!
        You gonna stop annoying me yet?
        Huh? C'mon, you're annoying me!
        Yo! Stop annoying me already!
        ...and so on and so on until he gets the point.
        I can out-annoy almost anyone.
        That's like me playing the "why?" game with children. I'll continue answering until I've run out of them, and then I'll look at them and say, "Why not?"

Kids don't have the brain power to process this answer yet. It's fun.
        I have CDO. It's kinda like OCD, but the letters are where they should be!

After Tuesday, even the calendar goes W T F...

Comment

Sounds like this kid may have Asperger's or even be fully autistic. Social cues are very difficult or impossible for most people with these problems. But if this was the case the mom might want to clue you in.
          Some days, it's just not worth chewing through the restraints...
          TASTE THE LIME JELLO OF DEFEAT! -Gravekeeper

Comment

Once in a great while I'll find an interesting looking foreign and/or old coin in the till and buy it out of there (making sure the boss witnesses it of course so they don't think I'm stealing) but the fact is that ANY coin you get that's been circulated isn't going to be worth much unless it's super super rare.
            "We guard the souls in heaven; we don't horse-trade them!" Samandrial in Supernatural

RIP Plaidman.

Comment

How old is he? If he's older and apparently has a condition, then I would treat him differently than a 10-year-old who hasn't been taught boundaries.
              Labor boards have info on local laws for free
              HR believes the first person in the door
              Learn how to go over whackamole bosses' heads safely
              Document everything
              CS proves Dunning-Kruger effect

Comment

Mom! Mommy! Momma! Mom! Lois! Momma!

WHAT?

Hi! *giggles, runs off*
                "I call murder on that!"

Comment

Yay, Stewie!
                  The Borg wouldn't know fun if they assimilated an amusement park. -- B'Elanna Torres, Star Trek: Voyager

Math! Math, my dear boy, is but the lesbian sister of Biology. -- Peter Griffin, Family Guy

Comment

I used to run into this as well when I was a cashier at the town full service gas station. It was one of the perks doing full service gas for a town that the population is 10-20% over the age of 65. I found, and purchased from my boss, plenty of wheat pennies, buffalo nickels and the occasional indian head penny

Comment

My till never has any, because I always buy them out of it, as soon as I see them.
                      "Life is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid" Redd Foxx as Al Royal - The Royal Family - Pilot Episode - 1991.

Comment

Quoth Victory Sabre View Post
                        My till never has any, because I always buy them out of it, as soon as I see them.
                        I do that too when I see rare stuff, espeically lately I been finding plenty of silver, of course maybe that is just because my co-worker nabbed one from my drawer and told me I had no idea what it is. Now I know 1964 quarters at todays rates are worht about 3.50 in just silver content, and 1.50 for the dimes.

I really get annoyed when people ask me if there are any rare coins and I say NO, and NO you can't shake down the fund for the kids looking for them..... Because 1) You have no business doing it, and 2) I don't get paid crap so when I can trade my .25 for 3.50 but have the face value be the same im gonna do it.
                        I'm sorry reading is not a new concept it has been widely taught in our nation for at least the past 100 years. Please, learn to do it CORRECTLY before you become contagious.

Comment

Working...
                        X