This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm unfriendly?

I walked in and Boss Man said I had a complaint. So I looked it up. They wanted bigger, quieter rooms, and friendlier staff. What, me no friendly?

I had a feeling I knew who they were, and so I looked it up. Sure enough, it was who I thought it was. They didn't even stay with us...they got a refund and left.

I wouldn't say I was unfriendly to them. I just wasn't a magician. They had four adults. The largest room we offer is two double-size beds, and those beds are stuffed in there pretty good. We have no suites, no special big rooms, nothing of that sort (this is "Hotel 2+4" we're talking about here). After checking them in, they came back a short while later, and this conversation transpired:

SC: "Do you have any bigger rooms? Last time we were in room 209, and it seemed bigger."
    Me: "I'm sorry, but all of our rooms are the same size. 209 is the same size as the room you are in."
    SC: "No, it was bigger."
    Me: *thinking* Bullsh*t! I started working in housekeeping, and I'm still Head Housekeeper once a week. I'm out working in those rooms, and trust me, they're the same size!
    Me: "I'm sorry, that room is currently occupied, and as far as I know, all our rooms are the same size."
    SC: "You're lying! You have bigger rooms!"
    Me: "I'm sorry, but according to all my information they are all the same." (I'm trying to be tactful and not to call the guest a blatant liar, but he's totally wrong on this one.)
    SC: "Well, can I get a refund? We can't take this. We need a bigger room!"
    Me: "Certainly. I'm very sorry we couldn't offer any larger rooms. You may inquire at [competitor up the street]. They are comparable to our rates, and they offer rooms with two queen size beds."

Okay, guys, was I unfriendly? I apologized, refunded their room, and helped them find alternate accommodations to suit their needs. Or, is he just pissed that I can't pull bigger rooms out of my ass?
    Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

It sounds like you were a lot friendlier than I would have been.
    Sometimes life is altered.
    Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
    Uneasy with confrontation.
    Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Comment

You committed two huge sins.

Numero Uno--You didn't give him what he wanted. Doesn't matter, not one little bit, that what he wanted did not exist. You didn't give it to him, you big meanie, you.

Numero Two-o--You contradicted him. It doesn't matter that you work there every day, it doesn't matter that he knows sweet fuck-all about your workplace, you told him he was wrong, you double, extra big meanie, you.

For most of these desk-chewing humanoids the second is far, far worse.

Therefore, you're not friendly. QED.

They really believe that if you aren't giving them what they want, it's not because you can't, it's because you don't want to, just to be mean.

I've asked customers, "If I had what you think I had, don't you think I'd just sell it to you and TAKE YOUR MONEY, and GET YOU OUT OF MY HAIR? Do you think I'm enjoying listening to you whine?"
      I have a map of the world. It's actual size.

-- Steven Wright

Comment

Quoth TonyDonuts View Post

I've asked customers, "If I had what you think I had, don't you think I'd just sell it to you and TAKE YOUR MONEY, and GET YOU OUT OF MY HAIR? Do you think I'm enjoying listening to you whine?"

I really need to use this line sometime, for me people tell me I need to smile. and I go, well smiling costs at least $2 more an hour than they are gonna pay me and I'm pretty sure if you went to college and ended up in a shit job where people treat you like crap all day long and no matter what you do you can't get a promotion, well I don't think you would smile either.

See also, DANCE MONKEY DANCE!!!!
        I'm sorry reading is not a new concept it has been widely taught in our nation for at least the past 100 years. Please, learn to do it CORRECTLY before you become contagious.

Comment

BHS: Yep. You're unfriendly and I'm queen of england. Oh wait..
          Ya know, if You were closer, I'd suggest swapping hotels and seeing who earned a complaint faster: You or me. LOL I'm pretty good about earning ones like that.

Comment

I hope your boss understood that the complaint was pure 100% certified organic BS once you explained it to him.
            "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Comment

Working...
            X