Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

For someone who works in the business, you know absolutely shit about it.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For someone who works in the business, you know absolutely shit about it.

Lot of language here. NSFW=Not Safe For Whiskey

Guest comes in and claims to be an employee at my hotel chain. *sneezebullshit* She wants to pay cash. Since she's paying cash I require a $100 deposit that gets returned in the morning. SC says that's not how it's done at hotels. *sneezebullshit* I tell her that's how we do it here. I even point her to the sign. We all know how SC's are with signs though. She then tries to call her GM *sneezebullshit* who I doubt is her GM to try and convince me to let our policy slide on the deposit. She didn't get a hold of "GM" so she left. Even if she did, I wouldn't honor the request because I only answer to my GM.

Glad the lady left. You can tel she was triggering my allergies.
    To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Quoth Mr Hero View Post
    Lot of language here. NSFW=Not Safe For Whiskey
    I practice safe forum-reading whenever I am on CS.com and get tested regularly for viruses or malware

Guest comes in and claims to be an employee at my hotel chain.
    I love "employees." I had an "employee" once. She tried to use FOUR coupons in one transaction, which you can do. However, 2 of the coupons were "with purchase" and she was trying to use a "get [promotional sandwich] free" as her 'purchase.' I told her she couldn't do this. She called me a liar, because SHES AN EMPLOYEE, and had me get my supervisor.

Gee golly, turns out that it wasn't possible and she had to actually pay for something. Go figure.
    Thou shalt not take the name of thy goddess Whiskey in vain.

Comment

I had one of our 'former emplyees" tell me she was working her elonger than I was old.
      Me: "You're not 46. You're 32. Older than me, but not that damned old. So shut up."

Comment

Quoth Mr Hero View Post

Glad the lady left. You can tel she was triggering my allergies.
        I have a drink on hand, and am only glad it was not in my mouth when I read this.

Rule #1 Upheld! (By luck)
        "For the love of all that is holy and 4 things that aren’t but feel pretty good anyway" ~ Gravekeeper

Comment

Oh my word, what a mess. Amazing what people will say just to save a few dollars.
          Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

The worst part is that we've had stories on here where people actually were employees of the same hotel chain and still tried to pull all sorts of bullshit stunts like that.

^-.-^
            Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Ah, the old "I work for the company" bullshit. How we all hate it.

Quoth superhotelworker View Post
              I had one of our 'former emplyees" tell me she was working her elonger than I was old.
              Me: "You're not 46. You're 32. Older than me, but not that damned old. So shut up."
              I've had people pull that whole "I used to work here" line on me, and try to convince me I could do something to get them a discount/get them something for free/etc., and when I told them, "No, I can't do that," they'd reply with that old line: "That's how it was done when I was here." "Yeah, well, times change."
              PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Any time I've shopped at a place I worked, I've gone out of my way to make things easy and I let my fellow employees deal with asshole customers, even if I was there first.

Comment

I've had plenty of "employees" staying here; the most notable one started a scene because he worked at a [Our Brand] in Vancouver BC, he felt he didn't have to wait in line. (Total BS because we don't have an [Our Brand] in Vancouver BC, or anywhere in BC).

And even if they aren't an employee, just because they're "in the industry" doesn't mean we do things the same way. We charge for WiFi, for instance, while many other hotels don't. We don't require cash deposits, while many other places do. Just because you work for Hotel A doesn't mean Hotel B is going to operate the same way.
                  Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Comment

Lucky where I work it's just as easy to pick out the liars from the actual former employees. The liars totally buy the BS terminology I throw at them. The ex employees know all the loopholes in the billing policies. They're always the worst SC's since they know all the stuff that we can technically do but aren't supposed to

Comment

Working...
                    X