This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Two From This Morning

The first I blame on these Readers Digest articles which say "If not told what you want to hear keep repeating it". Except that sometimes that won't work.

Customer asked for an authorisation payment.He did have a legitimate reason for a payment to be made but kept adding reasons why the payment should be increased.However due to audit and financial laws none of what he subsequently asked could be considered.

Me "so your payment can be authorised for £6 due to the following reasons.....*gives reasons very clearly* No other reason would be legal in this specific circumstance.The first reason you request is in direct contravention of financial regulation *whatever number regulation it was I was reading directly from the law book* the second reason you request is not a valid reason as per your policy with us. the third reason you request is not a legal payment type according to the financial regulations.As I am obliged to stay within the law I cannot consider any other payments to you for these reasons.

customer "I still request that you pay x y z"

me *rinse repeat of previous*

customer"clearly you are not listening I want you to pay x y z"

me *rinse repeat of previous* It is illegal.

customer "i want x y and z"

me "ok I have now told you some seven times exactly why I cannot consider the rest of your request.I will not be doing anything illegal.I will authorise you the legal payment you are entitled to.Do you wish me to do that?

customer "and x y z"

me "ok if and when you wish to receive only the legal payment you are entitledto then please contact *company x* again.

*CLICK*

What was worse he had phoned and been told this by another two agents already this morning as per computer system notes.

And the second -

I tell him something he then accuses me of lying to him turns to someone behind him and says "she's a lying bitch" I not surprisingly terminate the call.
    Customer "why did you answer the phone if you can't help me?"

"Sir, this call is being monitored and we have your name, phone number and address on record. Are you certain you wish to continue asking us to collaborate in an illegal activity?"
    When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Working...
    X