This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ah, The Elderly.

At my Aid of Rite, a regular customer comes in-94 years old and still drives and lives on her own. She's awesome that way. However.

"Where do you have your crunchies?!?"

"Crunchies?"

"yeah the things advertised for 2/$6 with the $1 off reward!"

" What do you mean by crunchies?"

"Shit. Here! 'Breetos'! The crunchies!"

"Oh those ones! The xx.x ozs?"

"Yeah, do you have any out back?"

"*go and check, come back* No."

"Gimmie a raincheck!"

(In order to write a raincheck, we need the UPC. The "Breeto-Flay" snack section is stocked by a vendor and therefore, we don't have shelf labels for them.)

*S2 comes over*

"We actually can't. There are no labels and we need the UPC number."

"I have no idea what you just said."

"The section is stocked by a vendor, who comes in twice a week to stock our snacks. We don't care for that section, the vendor does. To write a raincheck, we need a number off of the shelf label and there are no shelf labels for the 'Breetos'."

"Yes there are! It says 2/$6, right there!"

"That is the dip, Ma'am."

"Well write me a raincheck!"

"Actually the 'Breeto' guy will be back tomorrow morning. Why not stop in then?"

"Ok then, sweetheart, I'll stop in tomorrow."

The best part? Her cheesey crunchy goodness IS NOT on sale. It is the potato chips and the dip that are on sale, and all signs are correct in announcing that fact.

Bonus: Ejaculation

I come in at 9ish this morning and I see some fuckstick has opened a bottle of "Grepsi", shaken it up, and let it splash over several hundred dollars worth of product, the floor and part of the cooler. Then they left it there.

I WISH we could ban them, I wish, wish, wish, wish, WISH.
    Success is not final, failure is not fatal: It is the courage to continue that counts.-Winston Churchill

Why can't you ban them if you catch them? They're vandalizing your property.
    "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Comment

Quoth ralerin View Post
      I come in at 9ish this morning and I see some fuckstick has opened a bottle of "Grepsi", shaken it up, and let it splash over several hundred dollars worth of product, the floor and part of the cooler. Then they left it there.

I WISH we could ban them, I wish, wish, wish, wish, WISH.
      Screw banning that er. Call the cops!

That is a clear case of vandalism, and if it hit that much product, I'm willing to bet that climbs into felony range.

^-.-^
      Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

@LilFilly: Not my decision to make, it's SM's. I don't know if she has viewed the security tapes; I don't know if she even cares, due to our customer service score being in the toilet. Ooooh, wouldn't want to ban a customer and have that score drop! Because it would involve another chewing out by DM, then SM chewing out the managers who would chew us out for not doing more to keep the customers happy.
        Success is not final, failure is not fatal: It is the courage to continue that counts.-Winston Churchill

Comment

ban them? light them on fire, i say, then douse it with mepsi.
          look! it's ghengis khan!
          Sorry, but while I can do many things, extracting heads from anuses isn't one of them. (so sayeth the irv)

Comment

Quoth ralerin View Post
            Ooooh, wouldn't want to ban a customer and have that score drop! Because it would involve another chewing out by DM, then SM chewing out the managers who would chew us out for not doing more to keep the customers happy.
            And how happy would the non-vandalizing customers be if the products they wanted to buy were all ruined by deliberately spilled soda?! Corporate just does not see the big picture, even when it definitely affects their profits.
            I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
            My LiveJournal
            A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Quoth XCashier View Post
              And how happy would the non-vandalizing customers be if the products they wanted to buy were all ruined by deliberately spilled soda?! Corporate just does not see the big picture, even when it definitely affects their profits.
              It's as if they think all customers are exactly the same. The idea that there are some that you want to encourage, and some that you don't want anywhere near your business, just doesn't occur to them.
              Engaged to the sweet Mytical He is my Black Dragon (and yes, a good one) strong, protective, the guardian. I am his Silver Dragon, always by his side, shining for him, cherishing him.

Comment

Quoth ralerin View Post
                @LilFilly: Not my decision to make, it's SM's. I don't know if she has viewed the security tapes; I don't know if she even cares, due to our customer service score being in the toilet. Ooooh, wouldn't want to ban a customer and have that score drop! Because it would involve another chewing out by DM, then SM chewing out the managers who would chew us out for not doing more to keep the customers happy.
                Is that called the "Chewing Line-up"?

Comment

Quoth Marmalady View Post
                  It's as if they think all customers are exactly the same. The idea that there are some that you want to encourage, and some that you don't want anywhere near your business, just doesn't occur to them.
                  Precisely. Some customers improve your business by getting banned! Sad, but true.
                  Quoth Cactus Jack View Post
                  You have to remember that any negative comments from a customer are reason to freak out even if the other 100 customers are happy.
                  True; the folks at Corporate are not on the front line. They don't comprehend that there are worthless, time-wasting bad customers who actually chase good customers away. And good customers usually don't complain unless something is utterly horrible, wheareas bad customers raise a ruckus if something is only slightly off. The suits don't have to deal with scammers, sleazebuckets, grouches, hotheads, shoplifters and other nogoodniks, so their perspective is very limited.
                  I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                  My LiveJournal
                  A page we can all agree with!

Comment

About the Popsi. Maybe this might make them come to their senses. Remind them about people possibly SLIPPING because of said pop, and how that is opening them up to legitimate lawsuits. I doubt it will work, because some people do not have the two cells to rub together to get a spark..but one can hope...
                    Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

I couldn't get the little shop of horrors to fix a water drip I discovered, repeatedly, when fall started. Even with an "I'm only thinking of the safety of the shoppers" argument. Spending money on the store instead of themselves = every corporate executive's nightmare, and it's so pervasive, reality simply doesn't intrude.
                      Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

Working...
                      X