This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Customer Doesn't Mean What She Says

Customer was talking to me and needed to be called back.I aksed her when would be convenient to be called back that afternoon she said anytime.I asked iof she could be more specific she said put 3.30. I confirmed she said 3.30 and marked this in the callback diary.

At the end of the phone call I said "thank you for calling today and we will be calling you back at 3.30"

At this customer became angry and said "Can't you put a different time? I willbe picking my children up from school at 3.30" I pointed out to her that it was HER who had said .3.30 but she was adamant that I should have realised this would be inconvenient.

I STILL don't understand customers and I have been studying them for many years.
    Customer "why did you answer the phone if you can't help me?"

i see you still haven't mastered mind-reading. you really should get working on that. it'll make your job soooo much easier!
    If you want to be happy, be. ~Leo Tolstoy

i'm on fb and xbox live; pm me if ya wanna be "friends"
    ^_^

Comment

I've tried mind-reading some of the really bad SC's before, but it doesn't seem to do any good -- every time I've gotten in there, I'm met with a vast, empty void >_>
      "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
      "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
      "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
      "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
      "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
      "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
      Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
      "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

That's what I was thinking. While a useful skill, mind-reading only works if the SC has an idea, any idea, of what they really mean/want.
        A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

Quoth bainsidhe View Post
          That's what I was thinking. While a useful skill, mind-reading only works if the SC has an idea, any idea, a high level consciene functioning brain of what they really mean/want.
          fixed that for you auto=pilot does not count
          I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
          -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

We get messages like that on our night/weekend voicemail. "Call me back after 9 AM." Comes 9:01 AM, i look up the customer's account and find that they called back already...at 8:10 AM. OK, one less call I have to make, but why did they tell us to call after 9 AM?

Or the ones who give a time for you to call them back and then they call three hours before the stated time to complaint that no one has called them.
            When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Quoth MoonCat View Post
              We get messages like that on our night/weekend voicemail. "Call me back after 9 AM." Comes 9:01 AM, i look up the customer's account and find that they called back already...at 8:10 AM. OK, one less call I have to make, but why did they tell us to call after 9 AM?

Or the ones who give a time for you to call them back and then they call three hours before the stated time to complaint that no one has called them.
              Is it possible that these are the result of time zone confusion?
              I will not be pushed, stamped, filed, indexed, briefed, debriefed, or numbered. My life is my own. --#6

Comment

Working...
              X