This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's printed on paper

Hi, the name is Morwen, I'm a long time lurker first time poster. Onto my first story.

A customer calls up and states that her address is wrong in the phone book. Being on of the CSRs that works the book I get the call.

The book came out in August - she's calling in September about her address. She moved last week. I had to explain to her that we didn't publish new books every time someone moved, and that yes her address would be updated in the next publication.

The only truly sucky part about the whole conversation was that what should have only taken a couple of minutes took almost 20! She just couldn't understand that when a book is published we can't change it.

Ugh, thank you for letting me rant!

What, you don't have the Hogsmeade edition of the phone book that magically updates all addresses and phone numbers?! How do you cope?!

to Those are the types of customers you run into on a regular basis, sadly.
    I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
    My LiveJournal
    A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Well, let me be (one of) the first to welcome you to CS. I think it's safe to say that the site has kept more than one of us from ending up in jail from snapping and killing SCs as they walk in. Please remember that no matter what happens, we have an unlimited supply of alcohol, chocolate and brain bleach should you need assistance in recovering from whatever idiots you deal with at work.

That caller has some serious damage to her. If publishers had the ability to go back in time and change something that's already been printed, I'm pretty sure libraries would be halfway empty most of the time...
      My other car is a Mackinaw.

Comment

And cookies... lots and lots of cookies.

^-.-^
        Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

And sweet people who're more than willing to listen. Welcome.
          Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

and a few crazies who will also listen to you...and other voices.

what?
            look! it's ghengis khan!
            Sorry, but while I can do many things, extracting heads from anuses isn't one of them. (so sayeth the irv)

Comment

Quoth chainedbarista View Post
              and a few crazies who will also listen to you...and other voices.

what?
              OMG the voices are talking to you too??
              When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Quoth Andara Bledin View Post
                And cookies... lots and lots of cookies.

^-.-^
                AND BOOZE (And things that aren't booze!)
                There Can Be Only One

Comment

Well of course you don't update the phone book for just anyone... but when SHE moves, you should reprint and redistribute it....

anyway
                  !
                  "For truth is always strange; stranger than fiction." -- Lord Byron

Comment

My reply would have been something like this: "What? An address change? Damn! Now we gotta recall the whole run and pulp it. Oh, the corporation won't like this one bit. Well, no avoiding that I guess. We'll have the correction out WHEN WE PRINT THE NEXT ISSUE." *click*

Seriously, some people...
                    O God, thy sky is so vast and my plane is so small.

Comment

Thank you all for the warm welcome!

It amazes me the way some people think (or don't). For as often as I update our database I really wish it was a magic book that made changes itself! I'm also glad that we don't publish more then once a year!

Comment

Hehehe.... I haven't looked in a phone book for years... and haven't had a landline for longer than that so I wouldn't be in there anyway.

Welcome Morwen! Help yourself to the cookies, alcohol, chocolate, boobs, bacon, etc.
                        "Good morning, and in case I don't see ya, good afternoon, good evening, and good night!" - The Truman Show

Comment

Uh yeah that's why they have cut off dates for yearly publication runs for phone books all over. You get the info in by a certain date to make publication. After that date, wait till next year. Or god forbid look it up online where you don't have those restrictions.
                          https://www.youtube.com/user/HedgeTV
                          Great YouTube channel check it out!

Comment

those damn voices promised me that i was their ONLY special friend!!

Comment

They speak to most of us, and welcome to the boards.
                              Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

Working...
                              X