X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• He wanted to sit there...(LONG)

I seem to have long ones...

Now, Sonny's BBQ is a full service restaurant.
    We have hostess seating. The one I work at also has a patio which has a 3 foot fence around it.
    It is set up like this. X is a door, the // is the hostess stand and the === is walls.
    |--------------------||=XX=====|
    |-----------Patio--||..............//.|
    ==========X======

Now this guy came in the patio door without anyone seeing him and went to the closed section on the other end of the building from the doors. This area is actually closed off from the rest of the dining room and the only access is two archways.

Well, we didn't know he was there, and we could not see him from the open sections.

After awhile he apparently decided that he was sick of waiting for a server so he came to the front where I could see him from the pit window...
    Our head server(HS from here on out) saw him and asked if she could help him.

Stupid Customer, "Yeah, I've been sitting for 30 minutes and nobody has come to even give me a menu."
    HS, "Who sat you? They are supposed to give you a menu when they seat you."
    SC, "I sat myself."
    HS, "Sir, we have hostess seating here which means you wait and we take you to a table."
    SC, "I didn't see any signs saying that."
    *HS points to the rather large sign that says Hostess Seating while saying, it is right there.*(But we know all SCs don't read signs.)
    SC, "Well, you don't have any at the other door!"(SC is getting angry and starting to raise his voice.
    HS, "That is because the other door is only for patio access and is not an entrance. In fact the patio is closed off and you had to step OVER the fence to get into it."
    SC, "THAT'S NO EXCUSE, YOU SHOULD HAVE SEEN THAT I WAS THERE!"
    HS, "Where were you sitting?"
    SC, "IN THE BACK CORNER IN THAT ROOM WHERE I ALWAYS SIT!"
    HS, "Sir, that section is closed and always is on weekdays. Also, because it is closed, we don't go in there except to clean at the end of our shift. We had no way of knowing you were back there."
    SC, "WELL, I'M GOING TO SIT BACK THERE AND YOU ARE GOING TO SERVE ME!"
    HS, "No, you're either going to calm down and sit in an open section or you're going to leave."
    SC, "I WANT A MANAGER!"
    HS, "I am a manager."
    SC, "I WANT A DIFFERENT ONE!"
    Our GM was hiding around the corner and listening to the whole thing.(Awesome GM)
    He then steps out and asks what the problem is and the HS gets back to serving her customers who aren't complaining.
    SC, "THIS RACIST ***** WON'T SERVE ME!"(He and the HS are both African American...)
    AGM, "Sir, calm down or I will have to call the police."
    SC, "NO! SHE REFUSES TO SERVE ME WHERE I WANT TO SIT!"
    AGM, "No, she told you that if you did not calm down she would refuse to serve you."
    SC, "I'M GOING TO CALL CORPORATE AND TELL THEM THAT YOU REFUSED TO SERVE ME!"
    AGM, "Go ahead. But for now, I'm going to have to ask you to leave or I will call the police."
    SC, "NO! I WANT MY FOOD AND I WANT IT NOW!"
    AGM, "Sir, I heard everything that happened, you sat in a closed section without waiting for the hostess to seat you, you came in the wrong door, and now you are causing a disruption in my restaurant. This is the last time I'm going to ask you to leave."
    SC starts yelling random obscenities right as a pair of police walk in to get lunch.
    They cuff him, take him to the car, then come back in and order some sandwiches (which I load with extra meat). My boss offers to give them the sandwiches for free, but they refuse and just take the standard 50% off we always give police, firefighters, and EMTs.
    The customer is not always right. Most of the time the customer is a clueless moron. If this sign upsets you, you are this moron. ~ Sign hung by Ethan in the webcomic Ctrl + Alt + Del

Great timing on those police! Awesome pwnage, too, making him wait in the car while they have lunch.
    Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Comment

oooo talk about fast service
      and you didn't even have to call

Comment

Pwn!

It's great that you can give police, emts, etc, discounts like that. It was super nice of them to only take the 50% though.
        My Guide to Oblivion

"I resent the implication that I've gone mad, Sprocket."

Comment

You had me at "I seem to have long ones..."

"All I've ever learned from love was how to shoot somebody who out-drew ya"

Comment

Quoth Sheldonrs View Post
            You had me at "I seem to have long ones..."

News FLASH!

Sheldon gets had!

(did I leave out an 'e'?)
            I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
            Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
            Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Gotta love it when the cops like you! That's saved us a bunch of trouble.
              O God, thy sky is so vast and my plane is so small.

Comment

There's nothing better than when a customer says that they are done talking to you and that they want a manager to say, "That's me."
                To seek it with thimbles, to seek it with care;
                To pursue it with forks and hope;
                To threaten its life with a railway share;
                To charm it with forks and hope!

Comment

God, the level of customer-stupid is off the charts. Who the hell goes OVER a barrier into a closed section? Didn't the lack of other customers in that section (probably lights off too?) clue him in that it wasn't being used?

Wonder what they were serving for lunch at the local lock-up?
                  When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

I was a hostess for my very first job.

Customers couldn't sneak in the back, but they'd try their damnest to sneak past me if I wasn't right there, and sit right at the only dirty table or in a closed section and then shoot daggers with their eyes that they didn't get served right away.
                    You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Quoth MoonCat View Post
                      God, the level of customer-stupid is off the charts. Who the hell goes OVER a barrier into a closed section?
                      '

The same people that duck under the caution tape and over wet-floor signs; "It SAID wet floor, it DIDN'T say do not walk!"

This story was just so full of win it made my heart burst with joy!!!!!
                      "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Comment

He didn't need food anyway:
                        - Going over a fence to get to the patio
                        - Going through the patio door instead of the front door
                        - Seating himself (despite assumedly walking past the sign mentioning hostess seating several times prior)
                        - Seating himself in a closed section where no one else was
                        - Expecting prompt service in said section
                        - Attempting to play the race card out of turn

See? He had at least six helpings of stupid for breakfast. He didn't need to stop in for lunch.
                        Something kind of sad about the way that things have come to be.
                        Desensitized to everything, what became of subtlety?

Comment

Quoth bhskittykatt View Post
                          Great timing on those police! Awesome pwnage, too, making him wait in the car while they have lunch.
                          They probably sat by the window where they parked their car on the other side, so the SC had to sit in the car and watch them enjoy their delicious sandwiches...
                          Quoth blas View Post
                          I was a hostess for my very first job.

Customers couldn't sneak in the back, but they'd try their damnest to sneak past me if I wasn't right there, and sit right at the only dirty table or in a closed section and then shoot daggers with their eyes that they didn't get served right away.
                          Ooh, the customers at the pizza restaurant used to do the same thing! It didn't matter that I'd just cleaned all the other tables, and the previous customers had just left that one dirty table, like, two seconds ago, the new customers would insist on sitting there and screaming at me to get my "lazy butt" over there to clean it!
                          I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                          My LiveJournal
                          A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Okay, maybe it's just me but when i see an area roped off I think that the area is off -limits. Then again I use logic SCs don't.

Comment

SC logic: Who put this barricade up here? Now I can't get to where I want to go! As soon as I finish dismantling it, I'm going to have a word with the manager about how AWFUL it is to force your customers to have to move obstructions to get into places they want to go! THEY should be the ones taking this down, NOT ME, I DON'T WORK HERE!
                              - They say nothing good happens at 2AM, they're right, I happen at 2AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X