This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This is what LPS does to me

There's a chance I could get into trouble for this. But it's very remote. I doubt the guy even heard me.

I was in a bad mood to begin with, because I had to deal with a couple idiots who bought two barstools but only brought up one pull tag, and we only had the one barstool to sell, and I didn't even deal with them originally; they were inflicted upon me by a co-irker. They really weren't too happy to find they couldn't leave with one item they paid for and they especially weren't happy with me telling them the one pull tag was the only one left and that meant we only had one barstool. But they went inside to the service desk to get things sorted out.

Then I got called to carry out a bed. bookcase headboard, and a twin-size mattress. The person I delivered this to was some hick in a beat-up pickup truck.

I initialed his receipt and told him the bed was a little bit heavy. Hick's response: "Well, get going. They pay you to load stuff up, don't they?" And he lit up a smokey treat and watched me work.

Load it up I did--a little rougher than I normally do, but that's what happens when I'm asked to lift things that are heavier than I should be lifting. After I got it all in the pickup bed I took my two-wheeler and walked back inside without a word.

Hick said after me "I didn't hear a thank you from you!" As I was heading back I replied "I didn't hear one out of you either."

Like I said, I doubt the guy heard me, over the jacked-up shitheap of a truck of his, and I was going away anyway. I didn't hear about him making a complaint about me in-store. And I doubt he's got the internet in whatever broken-down shack he lives in, and if he did I doubt he'd be smart enough to figure out how to take our customer service survey.

To the extent this guy may have been angry with me, he probably dealt with it by making angry love to his sister/wife, then putting on a Billy Ray Cyrus cassette and doing something involving NASCAR for the rest of the afternoon.
    Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

What an A-hole. Why does he deserve a thank you from YOU? Him buying that stuff only adds to your work load. Though I guess it could be a thank you for leaving!!

The other day we took a return on a table and chair set and I lugged it back onto the sales floor from the service desk up front.

When I got to the furniture section there was a man standing there. I asked him if I could help him, he declined.

So I started rearranging the furniture so the table and chairs would fit into the display. Things were pretty tight and kind of heavy so I was maneuvering for a few minutes.

Then I notice the guy was standing there, just watching me the whole time. Just staring.

I asked him if I was in his way or if he was interested in the table that'd been returned. No he says.

I lug the table and chairs over and struggle to balance things and slip it into place.

He's still there, watching.

I tried to make awkward conversation about the furniture like what good quality it was and how that explains why it was so heavy.

Silence. No comments. Just staring at me lifting heavy furniture, semi in my way.

How annoying.

Comment

hmm, no sister/wife with him, no chillens, so maybe a:

thank you...for not breeding?
      look! it's ghengis khan!
      Sorry, but while I can do many things, extracting heads from anuses isn't one of them. (so sayeth the irv)

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post

<snip>

Hick said after me "I didn't hear a thank you from you!" As I was heading back I replied "I didn't hear one out of you either."

and what were you supposed to thank him for???? as in bow down and kiss his pigshit covered boot for him gracing your "fine stablishment" with his presence and "aura" ?????

Unfortuneately a "appreaciative" THANK YOU from the customer can be as equally devistating/snarky as a snide remark Mr. Toothless wonder Hicks made.

I roll up to a delivery. I have small childern bustin down the door and jumping up and down yelling "PIZZA MAN PIZZA MAN". the "parent" pays me and gives me a HEARTY and THANKFUL "THANK YOU" whilst scrawling a BIG FAT ZERO on tip line of the credit card slip or giving me EXACT change.

Yeah I get "paid the BIG BUCKS" for doing this job.
        I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
        -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

and doing something involving NASCAR for the rest of the afternoon.
          Well he certainly is poor and stupid.
          To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

"Hick said after me "I didn't hear a thank you from you!"

Well Fuuu..THANK you very much!
            "All I've ever learned from love was how to shoot somebody who out-drew ya"

Comment

and doing something involving NASCAR for the rest of the afternoon.

Nope..no stereotyping there..
              Just sliding down the razor blade of life.

Comment

To the extent this guy may have been angry with me, he probably dealt with it by making angry love to his sister/wife, then putting on a Billy Ray Cyrus cassette and doing something involving NASCAR for the rest of the afternoon.
                Just some quick corrections: mother/sister/wife, Merl Haggard 8-track cassette, and something involving hunt'n' or his local militia "unit".
                O God, thy sky is so vast and my plane is so small.

Comment

and whilst working on his rusted out, souped up early 70's trans am...good times there.
                  look! it's ghengis khan!
                  Sorry, but while I can do many things, extracting heads from anuses isn't one of them. (so sayeth the irv)

Comment

Quoth jjllbb View Post
                    Silence. No comments. Just staring at me lifting heavy furniture, semi in my way.

How annoying.
                    I'm going to guess he was 'enjoying the view' and not of the furniture...
                    "I call murder on that!"

Comment

Working...
                    X