This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I would have lost it

The boss tells me there's a job this Sunday (Sunday is the Canadian Thanksgiving, statutory holiday). I tell him I'll work it, but only for double time. He can't pay that, the customer won't pay that, blah blah blah. Yeah, dilligaf, they want work on a stat holiday, that's the rate they pay. So he'll see what he can do. He gets back to me and says it can be done Thursday, but only after 6:00.

We regularly do work during business hours while everyone is working. We're quiet, we're careful, it's only a problem for prima donna whiners. Regardless, some places are too worried about problems, so they demand that we're there after hours. Yeah, whatever, just don't expect it on a stat holiday.

I get to the site, and it is completely empty of people, they're doing construction and this section is completely separate and enclosed, it's been that way for months. We could have been there while a thousand people were working and they would have never known. I would have killed someone if I had come in on Sunday for this crap. I just can't get over how inconsiderate some customers can be. There would be no problem. There isn't even a possibility of a problem. Well so what. You're a peasant slave, you will do the work when we say. You will not harm the royals eyes by being anywhere near their presence. You are not permitted to have a life of your own.
    D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
    Quoth = Crossbow "EvilHomer, Irv, Gravekeeper, and Seraph: the Four Horsemen of the Dumbpocalypse."

I hate that my job now has us probably working on Thanksgiving here in the states. We are a non essential service for vanity items like jewelry and watches. At what point do we need to be in the store pushing our wares on a national holiday? We NEVER get business on holidays and actually have had a lot of federal holidays off this year for that reason. When did it look like a good idea to sacrifice Thanksgiving for Memorial day?

Comment

Working...
    X