Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hotel desk clerks are gods. Do not anger the gods.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hotel desk clerks are gods. Do not anger the gods.

Or you will be threatened with swift retribution.

SC and his gf checks in. SC has id only, and only knows his card number. Not good enough. The gf has both id and cc, but is unsure if it has sufficiant funds. It did. While I'm getting all the basic info, SC asks how long this is going to take. In a real sarcastic tone. Naturally, the Hyde in me emerges.

Me: That all depends on her. I just need her initials in a few spots.
    SC: Are you the manager? You should be because you're doing a good job.

I get to the part about what the smoking fee means.

SC: Well why didn't you give us a smoking room?
    Me: I can change that.
    SC: You should get fired.
    Me: So either I should be a manager, or I should be fired. Which one is it?
    SC: How much do they pay you for this?
    Me: ...
    SC: Because if I was your manager, I wouldn't pay you less than $10/hour.

I look directly into his eye.

Me: You realize that I still hold in my hands the keys to your room. I can either choose to give them to you or I can choose not to. It's all up to you.
    SC: Quickly apologizes, and his gf berates him for his attitude.
    To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Jekyll and Hyde much?

Jekyll - You are doing a good job.
    Hyde - You should be fired, and I should eat your entrails.
    Jekyll - You should make more the $10 an hour!
    Hyde - I will crush your soul..

Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

I think that "I wouldn't pay you less than $10/hour" is intended to be an insult, it falls under Hyde. Saying "I think you're worth just over minimum wage" isn't a very flattering thing to say. (Saying "I think you're worth at least <local living wage>" isn't much better.)
      Last edited by Magpie; 10-09-2010, 02:11 PM.

Comment

Quoth Mr Hero View Post
        SC: How much do they pay you for this?
        Clearly not enough.
        I AM the evil bastard!
        A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

Quoth Mr Hero View Post
          Me: You realize that I still hold in my hands the keys to your nooky.
          Corrected that for you.
          Life is too short to not eat popcorn.
          Save the Ales!
          Toys for Tots at Rooster's Cafe

Comment

something tells me they won't be together much longer, if she's not tolerant of long term stupid.
            look! it's ghengis khan!
            Sorry, but while I can do many things, extracting heads from anuses isn't one of them. (so sayeth the irv)

Comment

Quoth Mytical View Post
              Jekyll - You are doing a good job.
              Hyde - You should be fired, and I should eat your entrails.
              Jekyll - You should make more the $10 an hour!
              Hyde - I will crush your soul..
              Last line should be - I'll swallow your soul, swallow your soul!

and yes I have and axe. It's groovy.
              Bark like a chicken!

Comment

Quoth csquared View Post
                Corrected that for you.
                That would explain why he apologized so quickly and without a fight.
                To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

Quoth Magpie View Post
                  I think that "I wouldn't pay you less than $10/hour" is intended to be an insult, it falls under Hyde. Saying "I think you're worth just over minimum wage" isn't a very flattering thing to say. (Saying "I think you're worth at least <local living wage>" isn't much better.)
                  Minimum wage in my state is $7.40. I would love to make $10/hour at a non-specialized job Even after 7.5 years at my old job, I wasn't making that much.
                  "So, let's build a snowman! We can make him our best friend. We can name him Bob or we can name him Beowulf! We can make him tall, or we can make him not so tall!"

Comment

Sounds like here -- especially pre-Storm. ASM wage was considered really good if it exceeded ten bucks an hour, at pretty much any franchised place.
                    "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                    "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                    "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                    "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                    "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                    "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                    Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                    "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

I've had guests say I should get a raise, a promotion, and a free puppy, and I've had guests say I should go burn in hell....never had the same guest say both before. That's...that's trippy.
                      Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Comment

Quoth ExRetailDrone View Post
                        Minimum wage in my state is $7.40. I would love to make $10/hour at a non-specialized job Even after 7.5 years at my old job, I wasn't making that much.
                        I have got to remember that "dollar" here doesn't always mean what I think it does . (Forget exchange rate, if how much a dollar can buy is different, it's a different dollar).

Comment

Quoth Mr Hero View Post
                          Me: You realize that I still hold in my hands the keys to your room. I can either choose to give them to you or I can choose not to. It's all up to you.
                          And once again, we are reminded why he is named Mr Hero.
                          Quoth Mr Hero View Post
                          SC: Quickly apologizes, and his gf berates him for his attitude.
                          Quoth chainedbarista View Post
                          something tells me they won't be together much longer, if she's not tolerant of long term stupid.
                          Good. She deserves better than him.
                          I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                          My LiveJournal
                          A page we can all agree with!

Comment

(glances at his sig)

I have reminded more than one unruly bar patron that I am the one that controls their booze. It almost never fails to make them fall right into line.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                            Still A Customer."

Comment

I figured Jester would post here sooner or later. His sig was the title's inspiration.

Quoth Jester View Post
                              (glances at his sig)

I have reminded more than one unruly bar patron that I am the one that controls their booze. It almost never fails to make them fall right into line.
                              Likewise, I am the thing that stands between them and a hotel room. If they respect me, I will be benevolant.

Comment

Working...
                              X