Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Funkstain used to do that. Only with him, it was so you'd lean in real close.

Yeah, he was like that.

It didn't work with me. But you knew that. I told him straight up to his face that I didn't care more about hearing him than he did about being heard, and if he needed me to hear what he was saying, he damn straight better speak up because I would neither lean in, or say "what?" forty times.

I didn't care what that creepy toolbag had to say. In fact, not hearing him was actually preferable. I made that pretty brutally clear.

Comment

I hate people who mumble, and then get mad at you and obnoxiously raise their voice when you ask them to repeat.

I had an ex like that. On the phone, he'd mumble and trail off into silence, and if I'd ask him to repeat, he'd yell "I SAID.........!!!!" is it that hard to just speak loud enough the first time? If you don't want to talk, why did you even call or answer the phone?
      You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Quoth RecoveringKinkoid View Post
        Funkstain used to do that. Only with him, it was so you'd lean in real close.

Yeah, he was like that.
        I remember your Funkstain tales: über-filthy and sleazy guy. I'd bet he had halitosis that would disintegrate a concrete wall, as well. Sleaziness aside, you'd probably save your own life to not lean in to hear him!
        I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
        My LiveJournal
        A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Herself does that at the wholesale club now and then. Mumbling as she walks away, and she gets irritated when I ask her to repeat herself.

Herself: "I SAID <whatever>."
          J2K: "Well, I couldn't hear you, because you were facing the wrong way, and mumbling."

That and many people at the wholesale club know that I sometimes have trouble hearing them over the ambient noise in the store sometimes, and I've gotten into the habit of repeating what I think I heard them say, just so I can get clarification sometimes.
          PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Working...
          X