Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stupid rhetorical question from hungry geezer.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stupid rhetorical question from hungry geezer.

Slow night at my job but the SC's still manage to ruin it.

Me: ...and the restoration timeframe is estimated to be about two hours.

SC: What am I supposed to do until then!?

Me: you could sit tight and wait for the power or make other arrangements since you don't have to be at the property for the crews to make the repairs. Whatever works best for you.

SC: I haven't had lunch! You want me to starve?!

Me: If you can hold on for a couple of hours they'll do their best to get the power back on as soon as possible.

SC: What should I do about food, I'm hungry and can't cook anything. What am I supposed to do eat Corn Flakes !?

Me: Sir if you have a condition that requires that you eat some specific food that you have to cook and it can't wait for the next two hours you need to make other arrangements. I'll do what I can to get the power on ASAP but The only timeframe I have to give for now is two hours and even that is an estim...

SC: What am I supposed to do, eat Corn Flakes?!

Me: *annoyed* Sir, I just talk on the phone, I'm not a nutritionist. If you think you can not physically survive these next two hours without food then call an ambulance because they'll be out there a lot more quickly than we will. Until then the timeframe is two hours as the initial estimate. Is there anything ELSE I can help you with?

SC: *cue rant about how customer service has gone down in the last 30 years, sprinkle in a bit of xenophobia, several unnecessary analogies to Nazi Germany while I watch End of Time on my phone and wonder why David Tennant left the series. He finally hangs up after not giving me a chance to respond.*

I swear some people just call to listen to themselves talk. And really? You're comparing my company to Nazis? Really? Stupid rhetorical bullshit aside, I mean leeches and parasites I can understand, hell, even I call my company that, but Nazis? No we do not want to exterminate our customers. If we did we would have no revenue. Also it benefits us to get your power on sooner rather than later so the meter starts runnin again. Otherwise we're not making money. Also customer service sucks because the customers we deal with suck and we're given almost no power to help people. So yes customer service sucks, no we're not Nazis, and yes, eat your goddamn Cornflakes so you can have something to do with your mouth other than annoy me.

What am I supposed to do eat Corn Flakes !?
    it is food, so it's a possibility; it's also not our fault you didn't learn to cook. so, you can eat the cornflakes or hop your happy ass on over and get a ready to eat. simple and easy, and yet, they make it so hard.
    look! it's ghengis khan!
    Sorry, but while I can do many things, extracting heads from anuses isn't one of them. (so sayeth the irv)

Comment

Personally, I would've been half-tempted to tell the guy where he could shove his friggin' cornflakes. I'm not much of a cook either, but even I know the value of a good PB&J.
      "Things that fail to kill me make me level up." ~ NateWantsToBattle, Training Hard (Counting Stars parody)

Comment

He's never heard of the wonderful peanut butter sandwich???
        The report button - not just for decoration

Comment

Quoth firecat88 View Post
          but even I know the value of a good PB&J.
          there's no such thing! *shudder*

OT: It sounds like this guy is just waiting around the house...what's wrong with running out real quick and grabbing some food? I'm sure that he could be back well in time to be there for the tech.
          Now, if you smell the roses but it doesn't lift your spirits, you're either allergic to rose pollen or you need medical intervention. ~ Seshat

Comment

I don't mind a PB & J, but my favourite sandwich is Brie and red grapes on walnut bread....mmmmmm
            Engaged to the sweet Mytical He is my Black Dragon (and yes, a good one) strong, protective, the guardian. I am his Silver Dragon, always by his side, shining for him, cherishing him.

Comment

Quoth firecat88 View Post
              Personally, I would've been half-tempted to tell the guy where he could shove his friggin' cornflakes. I'm not much of a cook either, but even I know the value of a good PB&J.
              I spend most of my day fighting back the urge to suggest this type of radical colorectal object relocation as it could get me fired and my job is my only source of income since I ran out of kidneys to sell on the black market. But yeah, what is it with this guy and his cornflake fixation/aversion?

Quoth Spork4pedro View Post
              It sounds like this guy is just waiting around the house...what's wrong with running out real quick and grabbing some food? I'm sure that he could be back well in time to be there for the tech.
              Oddly enough, they didn't even need access to his property so they didn't need him to be home. He wanted to stay home out of laziness or this desire to die of starvation and teach my company a lesson. BTW I love it when someone threatens to kill themselves or allow themselves to die so they can sue my company. Um, first off you would lose that case, secondly even in the slight chance that you won there would be the whole being dead and not being able to spend the money issue. Seriously, it's called the dollar menu. Every fast food place has it. I'm sure you can find something that will hold off the imminent starvation death waiting for you just two hours away. And then when you make it very clear to them that they're being unreasonable drama queens then I'm the asshole. I just wish the customers knew what we do while they rant at us. Usually I'll be watching Netflix on my phone while listening to every 4th or 5th word so if I get accused of not listening I can just repeat the last few words and figure out the context. Sometimes I'm glad I can't hang up on people as their rants give me a bit of time to relax a bit and check out movies or read a magazine or write an e-mail.

What someone that works for the electric company does when his power goes out.
              1.) Check the breakers and main switch outside.
              2.) Call company to make sure that the outage is reported if resetting breakers doesn't bring the power back.
              3.) Head to the nearest sports bar/comic book shop/book store/computer parts store/etc.
              4.) Drink/shop/read/nerd out for a few hours until the callback is issued that the problem was resolved. (Phone number should have been left for automated callbacks upon restoration in step 2)
              5.) Return home/Resume life.

Comment

Quoth Sarcastro View Post
                while I watch End of Time on my phone and wonder why David Tennant left the series.
                Fell off of a stage and injured his back. He REALLY regrets leaving the series. He has often been quotes as wishing he kept it to light duty and took a little time to recover and then go back to the series. He misses it as much as we miss him.

As for the guy...

...I'm sorry. Eat corn flakes, call an ambulance, or @#$%ing starve.
                I never lost my faith in humanity. Can't lose what you never had right?

Comment

"What do you want me to do, eat cornflakes?"

"Okay, that is one alternative."

"I mean you want me to starve?"

"Oh, no, I have already approved the cornflake option."
                  To seek it with thimbles, to seek it with care;
                  To pursue it with forks and hope;
                  To threaten its life with a railway share;
                  To charm it with forks and hope!

Comment

SC: I haven't had lunch! You want me to starve?!
                    oh the drama of it all; he'll starve in two hours.

boo hoo; now shut the hell up and eat your cornflakes, pops.

mm, pb and j, my favorite alternative to buying lunch.
                    look! it's ghengis khan!
                    Sorry, but while I can do many things, extracting heads from anuses isn't one of them. (so sayeth the irv)

Comment

Quoth Marmalady View Post
                      I don't mind a PB & J, but my favourite sandwich is Brie and red grapes on walnut bread....mmmmmm
                      That sounds amazingly good.
                      Labor boards have info on local laws for free
                      HR believes the first person in the door
                      Learn how to go over whackamole bosses' heads safely
                      Document everything
                      CS proves Dunning-Kruger effect

Comment

Quoth wagegoth View Post
                        That sounds amazingly good.
                        OH it is, it is..... to the extent that having mentioned it, I then couldn't rest until I'd had one!
                        Engaged to the sweet Mytical He is my Black Dragon (and yes, a good one) strong, protective, the guardian. I am his Silver Dragon, always by his side, shining for him, cherishing him.

Comment

Quoth Mondestrucken View Post
                          "What do you want me to do, eat cornflakes?"

"Okay, that is one alternative."

"I mean you want me to starve?"

"Oh, no, I have already approved the cornflake option."

Quoth chainedbarista View Post
                          it is food, so it's a possibility; it's also not our fault you didn't learn to cook.
                          He would probably insist, "that's women's work!" Funny how some people just expect the rest of the world to cater to them because they can't be bothered to learn something new.

The OP is in Miami, and I assume the SC is, too. It's not exactly BFE; I'm sure there are plenty of restaurants (fast food and otherwise) or convenience stores nearby. He was just being an ass for the sake of it.
                          I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                          My LiveJournal
                          A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Quoth Marmalady View Post
                            That actually sounds like that would amazingly delicious . . . I may have to try that one.

*drooling over the thought*
                            Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Quoth DGoddessChardonnay View Post
                              That actually sounds like that would amazingly delicious . . . I may have to try that one.

*drooling over the thought*
                              This.

I think I will go to the store now......
                              Dammit !! ~ Jack Bauer

Comment

Working...
                              X