Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wonder if the Bilingual B-tch was speaking Spanish in hopes that you wouldn't understand Spanish and she could call you racist. Since you knew Spanish she decided to call you a racist anyway because you foiled her plan.

$20 bill guy is just wow...

The third person just can't admit they made a mistake, and wants to act like you were "racist" for telling them they had a wrong number. I don't know about y'all but whenever I have a wrong number I apologize immediately and feel like a dope.

Mexican and Chinese are nationalities, not races I believe.

Comment

Quoth Food Lady View Post
      Was the dude with the $20 bill calling from Nunavet?? Tell Gravekeeper to keep his SCs to himself.
      Nah he could actually read the numbers, Gravekeeper's SCs aren't that bright

Comment

Quoth Solumina View Post
        Nah he could actually read the numbers, Gravekeeper's SCs aren't that bright
        That should be a hint that the caller wasn't from Nunavut.

However, I'm trying to mentally picture someone actually trying to send cash through the Internet.

Only way I can see that is by trying to insert the cash into the DVD drive.

And I think on that note, my brain just BSOD'd.
        Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Quoth cybiko123 View Post
          For a Monday, generally not too bad. There were a few memorable idiots, though.

Bilingual Bitchiness

Me: Thanks for calling [us], this is cybiko123. How can I help you?
          SC: Hola? Hablas español?
          Me: [repeats opening spiel in Spanish]
          SC: HEY! Just because I'm Mexican doesn't mean I don't speak English! *under her breath* Racist bitch...
          Me: You asked me if I spoke Spanish, so I replied in Spanish.
          SC: Don't talk to me that way! *click*
          Me:
          Sweet action! No messing around with you cybiko-- you went straight for the jugular-- I mean Spanish.
          Quoth cybiko123 View Post
          The Tubes Can Only Handle so Much
          <snip!>
          SC: Yeah, a $20.
          Me: Like a prepaid card?
          SC: No...maybe I should try singles instead?
          Me: *lightbulb* Are you trying to pay with cash on our website?
          SC: Yeah...why?
          Me: That's not gonna work.
          SC: WHY THE HELL NOT?!
          Me: ...because we can't take cash electronically. It just isn't possible.
          SC: But WHY?
          Me: It won't fit through the tubes. (emphasis edited)
          SC: ...oh. Well, it's still YOUR fault! *click*
          I love you now.
          "Is it the lie that keeps you sane? Is this the lie that keeps you sane?What is it?Can it be?Ought it to exist?"
          "...and may it be that I cleave to the ugly truth, rather than the beautiful lie..."

Comment

Quoth DGoddessChardonnay View Post
            I WANT to be the tech to fix that computer!!!

Cha CHING!
            SC: “Yeah, Bob’s Company. I'm Bob. It's my company.” - GK
            SuperHotelWorker made my Avi!!

Comment

And people wonder why I like cats.
              Friends help you move. Rare friends help you move bodies.

Comment

Sending... cash... over the internet.

Who the hell let 'Good Time' Charlie anywhere near a computer again???

Or one of his relatives or drinking buddies (often the same people).

I've got neighbours who would do exactly what this guy did because they've DONE it and ranted about it to anyone who couldn't get away fast enough. This is one story I have NO problem believing.

There are some nice and intelligent people around here. But there's quite a lot of nice people here too.
                What colour is the sky in your world and how high of a dosage do you need before it turns back to blue? --Gravekeeper

Comment

Quoth DGoddessChardonnay View Post
                  I can see someone doing that, but only if the credit card acceptor was already broken. Granted, you don't see these standard on comps often these days...Smaller rectangular device, with a little flap covering an opening just about 3.25 inches across...
                  "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                  "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                  "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                  "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                  "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                  "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                  Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                  "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Quoth EricKei View Post
                    Smaller rectangular device, with a little flap covering an opening just about 3.25 inches across...
                    :: scratches her head ::

I really don't know what you could be mentioning...

:P
                    SC: “Yeah, Bob’s Company. I'm Bob. It's my company.” - GK
                    SuperHotelWorker made my Avi!!

Comment

Working...
                    X