This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suspicious Girlfriend

ok let me start by saying i work at a gas station where we make subs and pizzas and what not and when someone orders a sub there is a small ticket you fill out and it just tells us what you want on your sub so anyway we get many many call ins asking for subs and when we do we take the name and the number of the person calling just incase we run out of what ever and cant put what they want on it......soo any way im working the day shift and this lady comes in and looks very upset almost on the verge of crying and asks if there is a manager on duty unfortunatly she wasnt there at the moment. so i asked the lady if there was anything i could help her with and she is like well i was in here earlier this week and my boyfriend had called to order subs and we picked them up and took them home to eat and one of your sub makers put their number on his sub ticket and i am very upset.......mind you the girl is like crying at this point so i try to calm her down offer some tissues and im like was there a name with the number or anything shes like i dont know all i saw was a name and a number i tried to explain it could have been hers since we put the info on the sub ticket but she wasnt having any of it and she left before i could tell her when the manager would be back

Umm, yeah I think she was confused over what happened! Honestly, would you put your name and number on the sub of a guy calling in who you'd never seen or met??? Yes, I don't think their relationship is going to last all that long!
    "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Comment

wow, girl is nuts, I'd send a note warning the guy to stay away, but she might find it...
      "You can only try so hard to look like you are working before actually doing your work seems easy in comparison" -My Boss

CW: So what exactly do you do in retentions?
      Me: ummm, I ....retent stuff?

Comment

Could put on the guy's form not to order 6 inches for his gf next time, because your store doesn't serve 'nuts'.

Comment

She's probably the same person that believes the urban myth about the food preparer with AIDS at Taco Bell who deliberately spits into the food to pass the AIDS along, and then calls the customer at home to taunt them.

(I did have a coworker who believed this until I asked, "How would someone in the kitchen at Taco Bell know the phone number of a random customer?" Ohhhhhhh.)
          To seek it with thimbles, to seek it with care;
          To pursue it with forks and hope;
          To threaten its life with a railway share;
          To charm it with forks and hope!

Comment

sounds like she has self esteem issues, rather than being crazy. someone who is insecure is always threatened by things that 'seem' suspicous, even when it's simply an innocent thing.
            look! it's ghengis khan!
            Sorry, but while I can do many things, extracting heads from anuses isn't one of them. (so sayeth the irv)

Comment

Quoth BriannaMegan View Post
              ... shes like i dont know all i saw was a name and a number i tried to explain it could have been hers ...
              She might one of those SCs that do not know their own phone number.
              "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Quoth Ironclad Alibi View Post
                She might one of those SCs that do not know their own phone number.
                I was thinking that this was the most likely senario too, either that or she doesn't know his.
                ......../\
                ....../__\
                ..../\...../\
                ../__\../__\

Comment

Quoth Sarah Valentine View Post
                  I was thinking that this was the most likely senario too, either that or she doesn't know his.
                  This is my guess. In this age of cell phones, most people don't remember phone numbers anymore. Just scroll and call
                  Now, if you smell the roses but it doesn't lift your spirits, you're either allergic to rose pollen or you need medical intervention. ~ Seshat

Comment

Quoth Sarah Valentine View Post
                    Makes sense, I couldn't tell you my other half's phone number unless I got to look in my phone or address book first
                    "You can only try so hard to look like you are working before actually doing your work seems easy in comparison" -My Boss

CW: So what exactly do you do in retentions?
                    Me: ummm, I ....retent stuff?

Comment

and it never dawned on her to call the number?
                      oy

Comment

PE,

I had something like that happen to me.

I went up to an ATT kiosk in the mall because I was having some problems with my phone. The guy working called my number to test it out.

That night, I got a call from a VERY ANGRY woman demanding to know why my number was on her boyfriend's cell phone.
                        SC: “Yeah, Bob’s Company. I'm Bob. It's my company.” - GK
                        SuperHotelWorker made my Avi!!

Comment

I just can't understand these insecure and possessive types.

If you can't trust your partner enough that you have to go through his cell phone to check out everybody he's had contact with, then your relationship isn't going to last very long at all.

^-.-^
                          Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Okay, let's give this a shot...

OK, let me start by saying I work at a gas station where we make subs and pizzas and what not, and when someone orders a sub there is a small ticket you fill out and it just tells us what you want on your sub. We get many many call-ins asking for subs, and when we do, we take the name and the number of the person calling, just in case we run out of whatever and can't put what they want on it.

So, I'm working the day shift, and this lady comes in and looks very upset, almost on the verge of crying, and asks if there is a manager on duty. Unfortunately, she wasn't there at the moment, so I asked the lady if there was anything I could help her with, and she is like "Well, I was in here earlier this week, and my boyfriend had called to order subs, and we picked them up and took them home to eat, and one of your sub makers put their number on his sub ticket, and i am very upset"... Mind you, the girl is like crying at this point, so I try to calm her down, offer some tissues, and I'm like "Was there a name with the number or anything?" She's like "I don't know, all I saw was a name and a number". I tried to explain it could have been hers, since we put the info on the sub ticket, but she wasn't having any of it, and she left before i could tell her when the manager would be back.
                            ...nope, still don't understand. What exactly was her complaint?

-E-Okay, after reading my revised version a few times, I think I get it. The number was a phone number, right? So, she picked up the wrong order and it had someone else's phone number on it, and thought it was one of the sandwich makers hitting on her boyfriend? Wow, she can't be too bright.
                            Last edited by roothorick; 10-14-2010, 12:03 AM.

Comment

Quoth roothorick View Post
                              The number was a phone number, right? So, she picked up the wrong order and it had someone else's phone number on it, and thought it was one of the sandwich makers hitting on her boyfriend? Wow, she can't be too bright.
                              The number was a phone number, and there is a very good chance that the number belonged to the boyfriend, since that is the number that gets put on the order. We all rely on our cellphones to "remember" our friend's numbers for us, plus caller ID, that it's easy to not recognize a friend's number, even though you actually call it regularly.

^-.-^
                              Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Working...
                              X