This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth firecat88 View Post
    I am guilty of having gone through certain sections at Borders and, if a series has an actual reading order, rearranging the books into the order they should be read in (the Dark-Hunter novels, for example, I'm notorious for switching around where they are on the shelf. Because those ones always end up being shelved alphabetically). Also, any time I get near the manga section, which *does* place series in alphabetical order, it's always a mess and I end up putting things back where they should go.

However, I can't say I've ever openly snapped at anyone for the way they shelve books.
    At the local Border's I wish I could snap at them for how they put their books away! Almost all sections are supposed to be alphabetized by author last name but 90% they have it all mixed up (ex: the "G"s are all together but in no real order) VERY FRUSTRATING!! I just wish there was a B&N near us
    Now, if you smell the roses but it doesn't lift your spirits, you're either allergic to rose pollen or you need medical intervention. ~ Seshat

Comment

Quoth KellyHabersham View Post
      I tried to explain that those books really weren't meant to be shelved that way, but she didn't seem to get it.
      sub library buddy

Those books, and picture books, are the devil. We don't properly shelve either. Board books go in a basket. Picture books are shelved by first letter of last name, but good luck getting them in order. Even kids nonfic/fic is pretty useless for getting anything in proper order.

Just throw all the books on the floor and its just as good
      Thou shalt not take the name of thy goddess Whiskey in vain.

Comment

Working...
      X