Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cell phone stupidity, and ruining a 7 year old's Christmas(long)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cell phone stupidity, and ruining a 7 year old's Christmas(long)

Can you hear me now?
    I am running register and the woman is on her cell while I am ringing things up. It comes time for her to pa and the fun begins:
    Me:
    CPL: cell phone "lady"
    CC: cool customer:
    CCK: Cool customer's kid

Me; You total is xx.xx
    CCL: <to me > Shut up!< continues on cell phone conversation>
    Me: Ma'am....
    CCL: <to me> Shhh.. I can't hear.<continues cell phone conversation>
    Me: Ma'am...
    CCL: <on phone> god he won't shut up. Yeah I know they're all losers. <laughs> I'm sorry I have to hang up now. God why haven't you told me what i owe yiou, loser?
    Me: xx.xx
    CCL: Credit card!<phone rings again, and she talks on the phone.>
    Note: she hasn't yet swiped her card.
    Me: Ma'am ,
    CCL : Credit Card! <Swipes card the wrong way, still you guessed it talking on the phone>
    Me: Ma'am, you need to turn your card around.
    CCL: How dare you speak to me when i am on the phone! I am a customer I deserve respect! Now what were you saying?
    Me: Well, ma'am. you need to turn your card around ma'am.
    CCL: God, tell me next time!!!
    CC: He did.
    CCL: F-ck you, I'm talking to this loser.
    CC: And I'm talking to you. He did tell you that your needed to turn your card around.
    CCL : Shut up d-ke, who the hell are you anyway?
    <to me> Look, loser I don't have all day !!
    Me: Okay you need to sign.
    CCL : I know I'm not a loser like you!
    (finally we're done)
    CCK: Mommy, I think that lady needed a time-out!

Just call me Ebeneezer

It's Christmas eve and we are closing. i am dealing with my last customer of the day. Everyone's been pretty cool so far.
    Me : me, the destroyer of Christmases.
    L: "lady"

Me: Your total is xx.xx.
    L: I don't have that much. take off the Harry Potter book.
    Me: Okay your new total is xx.xx.
    L: Now add the book.
    Me: Your total is xx.xx
    L: Well?
    Me: ...
    L: aren't you going to put some money towards my total?
    Me: i have no cash.
    L: Well! Haven't ou heard of customer service?
    Me: I'm sorry.
    L: You're ruining a 7 year old's Christmas!!! She really wanted that book!!!
    Me: I'm sorry, but I have no money.
    L: <sighs> Guess I'll have to tell my daughter her Christmas is ruined! Thanks to you!
    Me" I'm sorry.
    L: Tell my child that when she cries all day tomorrow you skinflint!
    <L pays and and leaves>

That lady expected you to pay for her book? Did I read that right?

Comment

Ok first story, I seriously would have called over a manager and not served that woman anymore, that is just abuse.

2nd story, I've been there before, it's getting closer to the holidays and I'm sure a few of us will ruin some SC's childs holiday one way or the other

Comment

I seriously hate the Christmas season. At no time of the year are people nastier than when they are shopping for holiday gifts. And they always expect you to bend over backwards and shell out for them.

As for the first story, my response would have been "get out," and if that wasn't followed, then "get out before I call the cops." But I have the paygrade to do that and I understand that a lot of people don't.

The kid's comment was priceless. From the mouths of babes...
        O God, thy sky is so vast and my plane is so small.

Comment

Quoth Grape The Cat View Post
          No, you aren't, ma'am, you're a c*nt.
          "And so all the night-tide, I lie down by the side of my darling, my darling, my life and my bride!"
          "Hallo elskan min/Trui ekki hvad timinn lidur"
          Amayis is my wifey

Comment

Wow. Ruining Christmases already? That's got to be some sort of record.
            I am no longer of capable of the emotion you humans call “compassion”. Though I can feign it in exchange for an hourly wage. (Gravekeeper)

Comment

I would of refused service to both of those customers, would of refused to sell them the goods, tell them to leave and not return.

You don't get paid enough to deal with abuse like that

Comment

CCK: Mommy, I think that lady needed a time-out!
                Forget a time out, that lady needs a date with a frozen tuna and a permaban.

^-.-^
                Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

I am a customer I deserve respect!
                  like hell you do, bitch; try to not act like such a cuntpickle and maybe we'll think about it.

she runs out of cash and expects you to cover the rest? wtf...that level of stupid deserves...something. *not sure just what yet*
                  look! it's ghengis khan!
                  Sorry, but while I can do many things, extracting heads from anuses isn't one of them. (so sayeth the irv)

Comment

Quoth chainedbarista View Post
                    cuntpickle
                    StolenBORROWED PERMANENTLY!

Comment

An increasing amount of shops (predominantly cafes, restaurants, bakeries etc) over here, fed up with morons like story 1, are introducing a 'no service while on the phone' policy where if you're on the phone, you don't get served until you are off the phone. I think it's a great policy, and hope more and more places adopt it.
                      the end of an era is not the completion of a destiny. Momentum comes when we believe the best for the future, we keep speaking life into the future, and we commit to the future - Brian Houston

Comment

I actually told a woman to get off her phone once and she was upset. It was as if I personally insulted her mother or something.

Now? When I see them, I just get as LOUD as I possibly can while being as sickening polite as I can. "WHY HELLO MA'AM AND TO YOU TOO PERSON ON THE END OF THE PHONE! DID YOU FIND WHAT YOU WERE LOOKING FOR TODAY?"
                        Success is not final, failure is not fatal: It is the courage to continue that counts.-Winston Churchill

Comment

CCL: How dare you speak to me when i am on the phone! I am a customer I deserve respect! Now what were you saying?
                          Me: Well, ma'am. you need to turn your card around ma'am.
                          CCL: God, tell me next time!!!
                          Okay, how the hell are you supposed to tell her anything when you shouldn't "dare to speak to her when she is on the phone"?!
                          No lady, you're something worse! You're a nasty, rude, snobby bitch who projects her own insecurities onto everyone else, talks ostentatiously on her Wowie-Zowie-Look-At-My-Almighty-Cell Phone so she can look and feel like a Real Big Shot and cuts people down so she can feel better about her own pathetic self. You deserve the Seafood Special:
                          L: aren't you going to put some money towards my total?
                          When, in the entire history of commerce, has the seller ever put money towards the buyer's purchase?! What the hell planet is this ditz from?!
                          L: <sighs> Guess I'll have to tell my daughter her Christmas is ruined!
                          If that's all it takes to "ruin" Christmas, you have obviously missed the point of the holiday.
                          I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                          My LiveJournal
                          A page we can all agree with!

Comment

I... I would have been fired for the first one.

And honestly, probably the second. Or at the very least I'd have run her out by demanding to know HER place of employment so I can try to force her to offer me services for free/pay for my stuff.

Comment

SC #1: Okay, the moment the verbal abuse starts, you terminate the transaction and you ask them to leave. At that moment they have CEASED being a customer. There's absolutely no call for that.

SC #2: "Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part."
                              "Sigh, I'm going to Hell.....but I'm going with a smile on my face." -- Gravekeeper

Comment

Working...
                              X