This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ruined this woman's day

So, apparently, I ruined this woman's day. It makes me so incredibly happy at this point. ^_^

EW calls in this morning... something minor was entered incorrectly on a listing of hers and she needs it fixed ASAP. She says that the system wouldn't let her fix it (which means user error since there is NO reason she can't fix it herself) so I tell her to fax or email us in the correction and I'll be happy to take care of it for her.

No, that's not good enough. I need to do it over the phone. I explain that I can't make any changes over the phone... we need documentation to protect ourselves legally. She insists that I make the change over the phone since she'll have to drive 45 minutes to her office to fax us the change. I suggest that she go to a local public library or a friend's house and use their computer to send us an email with the correction. (NOTE: Her specific work email can be accessed through a website.) She insists that she'll have to drive to her office...

Which leads me to believe, of course, that she has no friends and has been banned from any establishment that provides public computer use.

She then tells me that she understands the legality, but that I need to check with someone to see if I can make the change over the phone, because she needs this done IMMEDIATELY! I answer that I will be happy to talk to my manager... tomorrow... but that I'm the only one in the office today, and I can't make any changes over the phone.

Fast Forward 2.5 hours, I finally get the correction faxed to me. With a nasty note, going on about how I was unwilling to make the change over the phone and forced her to drive into the office, and that I ruined her day!

EDIT: Since I posted this and corrected the listing, she sent in a nasty email AND called in as well, since apparently a nasty fax wasn't enough nastiness. When she called, I explained that the correction had been made, and then she bitched at me because it took so long to be corrected! I corrected it less than 20 minutes after she sent the fax in.
    Last edited by Wenchie; 10-17-2010, 07:30 PM.
    "Good morning, and in case I don't see ya, good afternoon, good evening, and good night!" - The Truman Show

People like that lady are amazingly annoying. Instead of arguing for 20 minutes she could take 5 and shoot an e-mail that will solve the problem. Unless she's calling from the middle of the Amazon jungle but the fact that she has phone contact indicates that may not be the case.

But props for ruining her day. My day isn't complete until I ruin at least one asshole's day. It's on a list right between "call grandma" and "weep quietly before my work shift starts".

Comment

Good for you!

And fuck her! Miserable bitch.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
      Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth Wenchie View Post
        <snip>
        Fast Forward 2.5 hours, I finally get the correction faxed to me. With a nasty note, going on about how I was unwilling to make the change over the phone and forced her to drive into the office, and that I ruined her day!
        Translation: I don't want to be inconvenienced on my day off. I want you to fix the problem I created quickly so I can go about my business, and why are you complaining! You're working anyway!
        They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

So, guess who called 1 minute before close?

Yeah, apparently she locked herself out of our system and didn't want to wait 30 minutes for the server to time her out.

I was really REALLY tempted to tell her that she'd have to wait... but she KNOWS that we can unlock her.

I did, however, ask her to verify her security information even though I didn't technically have to since I could see that it's the same IP Address.
          "Good morning, and in case I don't see ya, good afternoon, good evening, and good night!" - The Truman Show

Comment

You ruined someones day and its not even the holidays yet!

Points for you.

Comment

If you had done it anyhow, and things somehow went wrong, who wants to bet she would be one of the first to throw you under the bus? CYA at all times , and yay for ruining her day!
              Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

I love people who want you to bend the rules "just this one time" and "just for them" when the rules are there for their benefit. Does she truly want just anyone to call in over the phone and change her information?
                To seek it with thimbles, to seek it with care;
                To pursue it with forks and hope;
                To threaten its life with a railway share;
                To charm it with forks and hope!

Comment

Working...
                X