Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are you sure? (Adventures in phone calls)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are you sure? (Adventures in phone calls)

Me: (semi-enthusiastic) "Thank you for choosing S*** Auto Center. This is R** How may I help you today?"

SC: "Is this the auto department?"

Me: (gets the feeling this is gonna go no where) "yes this is the auto center, how may I help you?"

SC: "This is the auto center right? The place that sells tires?"

Me: "yes it is, this is the auto center, how can I help you today?"

SC: "Are you sure?"

Me: () "If this isn't then I advise you call us back."

SC: . . . . . . .

Me: *click*
    "This job would be great if it wasn't for the f***** customers." - Randell 'Clerks'

Quoth ravevolution View Post
    SC: "Are you sure?"
    I think the solution is to answer the call in the same state of mind as the person calling.

Uh, lemme check man.... Uh, Steve, we sell tires right? What? Oh, pssshhhh, uh, heh heh heh, sir, this is a Dairy Queen. Good thing too, man, I got the serious munchies. Uh, you're cool, right? Hello?

Comment

Quoth Sarcastro View Post
      I think the solution is to answer the call in the same state of mind as the person calling.

Uh, lemme check man.... Uh, Steve, we sell tires right? What? Oh, pssshhhh, uh, heh heh heh, sir, this is a Dairy Queen. Good thing too, man, I got the serious munchies. Uh, you're cool, right? Hello?
      Trust me I have been tempted.

I did one time answer "Well if this isn't the autocenter then I'm at the wrong job!"
      "This job would be great if it wasn't for the f***** customers." - Randell 'Clerks'

Comment

One thing I learned a long time ago at my job is that some people should not be let anywhere near a phone. Ever.
        When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

That's funny. The one thing I learn at every job is that if I ever decided to see a shrink I'd be millions in debt by now.

Comment

Sadly, I get this on an hourly basis.

You need tech support.
            You found the number listed under tech support.
            You dialed the tech support number.
            You selected the option that says tech support in the phone system.
            The person answering the phone said "this is tech support."

Your brilliant first question?

"Is this tech support?"

Comment

Yeah...I love the conversations that begin with me saying "IT Help Desk, this is Mongo" only to have someone ask "Is this the Help desk?" or "Is this Mongo?"

And my co-workers wonder why there is a dent in my desk.
              I never lost my faith in humanity. Can't lose what you never had right?

Comment

When I used to work in a call-center for an industrial supply co, almost every call went like this:

Me: [company] sales department, this is Missy, may I take your order?
                Idjut: Sales.
                Me: Yes, you've reached sales. How may I help you?
                Idjut: Yeah, I need to talk to someone in sales. Can you transfer me?
                Me: I am in sales.
                Idjut: You're in sales?
                Me: Yes.
                Idjut: Cause I need sales.
                Me: I am in sales.
                Idjut: Oh, okay. I need to place an order. Can you do that?
                Me: Yes. Go ahead with your first item number.
                Idjut: Wait a minute. Hold on I need to find my list
                so on and so forth.

And, yet, for some reason the managers always blamed ME for having too long of call times.
                Don't wanna; not gonna.

Comment

Quoth Hyndis View Post
                  Sadly, I get this on an hourly basis.

You need tech support.
                  You found the number listed under tech support.
                  You dialed the tech support number.
                  You selected the option that says tech support in the phone system.
                  The person answering the phone said "this is tech support."

Your brilliant first question?

"Is this tech support?"

Sometimes I get the opposite though. A call will come through and I'll ask them for their account number and they'll give me some weird number and sometimes it takes 10 minutes to determine that they're calling for Direct TV or AT&T. Dude... This is the power company. I would understand if you dialed the number by mistake but how did you make it past the phone menu where the name of my company is mentioned like 12 times then somehow get all the way to me? THEN the best part is when I try to explain that they called the wrong company yet somehow they're either not convinced or they think that anyone they call at any business can fix their problem.

No this isn't Comcast. No we can't look up their account information in our system. NO I DON'T KNOW HOW TO FIX YOUR INTERNET!

Wait, have you tried power cycling the modem... Try it... is it back? No? I DON'T KNOW HOW TO FIX YOUR INTERNET!

Comment

Working...
                  X