Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Job, same SCs or The bigger they are..

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Job, same SCs or The bigger they are..

I am still at the games store part time, but I have recently started a new full time gig at a well known sandwich shop. Yeah it's not glamorous but the money is decent and I get to work with a good friend of mine so it works out.

Firstly, it amazes me how PICKY some people are about their sandwiches! It's not uncommon for me to hear something like:

"I want a 12 inch roast beef sandwich with tomatoes on only one side, three pieces of onion one pickle, mayo on both sides, mustard on one and five pieces of cheese."

Wow, I never knew a sandwich could be so complex!

Ok, on to the stories:

Well, F*** you too!

Lady comes in and orders a salad, first she wants me to practically cover the thing in cheese. A bit unusual but not a problem. Then I put the meat on and she gives me an odd look.

SC: Did you portions get smaller?
    Me: I don't think so, this is is the same amount of meat we always put on this type of salad.
    SC: Oh well I don't want it then. *walks away and leaves*

So I had to throw the whole salad in the garbage.

The funny thing about this is she would have been charged for the extra cheese and the way her attitude was I'm reasonably certain she would have thrown a fit when she found out about it.

The bigger they are...

I guess I know how to call them. A saw a huge hummer pull up to the shop and immediately thought "Something about this vehicle screams EW to me..." and it turns out I was right.

She comes in and wants breakfast.

SC: I want an english muffin
    Me: Ok, what kind?
    SC: One of THOSE (points to english muffins)
    (okay lady, what you've just done here is like going into Dominos and saying you want a pizza. Details please!
    Me: And what do you want on it?
    SC: Chicken breast! (everything she said was curt, more like a demand than a request)
    Me: Sorry, we can't do chicken on a breakfast sandwich, we can only do these (gestures to menu board)
    SC: So I can't get chicken for breakfast?
    (what did I just say dammit?)
    Me: No you can't.
    SC: Okay, give me an egg and cheese.
    Me: Fine, your total is $x.xx (holds out hand)
    SC: (proceeds to dump a pile of money on the counter and shoves it towards me)

Way to go lady, ignore the hand completely and practically throw your money at me. I hope to never see your face again.
    "If we refund your money, give you a free replacement and shoot the manager, then will you be happy?" - sign seen in a restaurant

I'll be honest and say that I tend to be a bit...specific about my sandwich requests. Light mayonaise, as in very light, as in very very light. It's a little sad how that comment still means a cup of mayo (gag) to some workers, which is why I also tend to go to specific people to make the sandwich. I'll also ask for 3 tomatoes, because asking for light tomatoes will still get me 10 piled up on the same sandwich (local people must really love their maters!). *shrugs* To each his own, I suppose.
    A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

LOL I'm the opposite.. if they're piling more on there, I'm happy. I'm usually the one jipped and I get the same things on my sandwiches (Either of them) :P

Comment

Now you two can go get sammiches together! >.>

Comment

Oh, that money thing always annoyed the heck out of me when I worked at a local convenience store. Especially so when they just throw it on the counter completely ignoring your out-stretched hand.

Comment

My guess is that on the specific sammich thing, that two people are getting a 12" sandwich and splitting it. One wants mayo, one doesn't, etc.
            Enjoy my latest stupid quest for immortality. http://1001plus.blogspot.com/

Comment

Quoth Midnight View Post
              Oh, that money thing always annoyed the heck out of me when I worked at a local convenience store. Especially so when they just throw it on the counter completely ignoring your out-stretched hand.
              I usually look at it like a confused puppy when people lay their money on the counter. My expression seems to say "Dear god,what is this on my counter!?!"

Sometimes they get the hint,one time someone said it was...cute.
              *jedi hand wave* This game works...just not in your system.

Comment

Quoth bainsidhe View Post
                I'll be honest and say that I tend to be a bit...specific about my sandwich requests. Light mayonaise, as in very light, as in very very light. It's a little sad how that comment still means a cup of mayo (gag) to some workers, which is why I also tend to go to specific people to make the sandwich.
                If you want only light mayo, tell them "one stripe only." I find that it's generally pretty hard for them to mess that one up. My local shop is great, but some others aren't so hot, and it was at one of those that they ended up scraping off a bunch of mayo because the person didn't get what "one stripe" meant.

Quoth LingualMonkey View Post
                My guess is that on the specific sammich thing, that two people are getting a 12" sandwich and splitting it. One wants mayo, one doesn't, etc.
                Yup. The boyfriend and I used to split sandwiches a lot, and he'd get mustard and tomatoes on his half and I wouldn't get either.

And on another sandwich, I'd get avocado on my half, and he'd keep his side "pure."

^-.-^
                Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Unfortunately, it's only going to get worse from there. If you work where I think you work, you are going to be experiencing some of the lowest common demoninators of humanity.

And some people call me negative minded.
                  My Fur Affinity Page:https://www.furaffinity.net/user/thetigress/
                  My Weasyl Page: https://www.weasyl.com/profile/thetigress

Comment

Quoth TheTigress View Post
                    Unfortunately, it's only going to get worse from there. If you work where I think you work, you are going to be experiencing some of the lowest common demoninators of humanity.

And some people call me negative minded.
                    Well we are located in a decent part of town and I work mostly during the days. I've worked at a call center before so I've encountered pretty much the worst SCs the world has to offer. I doubt much I see here would surprise but then again, I'm probably wrong on that...
                    "If we refund your money, give you a free replacement and shoot the manager, then will you be happy?" - sign seen in a restaurant

Comment

Quoth CrazedClerkthe2nd View Post
                      Well we are located in a decent part of town
                      That should help some. Where I work is in a pretty bad part of town so we get a lot of the trashy, scammer type.

I sincerely wish you the best of luck. Just watch out for the people who don't read signs. *which is a lot of them*
                      My Fur Affinity Page:https://www.furaffinity.net/user/thetigress/
                      My Weasyl Page: https://www.weasyl.com/profile/thetigress

Comment

Well, at least you don't have to gut sandwiches and alphabetize them on the wall >_>

I know we have a few people on here who are either current workers at, or veterans of, <sandwichplace>. With any luck, they'll come out of the woodwork ^_^ That, or maybe poke around for their tales of yore ~_~
                        "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                        "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                        "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                        "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                        "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                        "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                        Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                        "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Quoth LingualMonkey View Post
                          I used to do this until I learned it's easier to just ask them to cut the 12 inch loaf in half first then put the toppings on - most understand it's still the same sandwich

Comment

Working...
                          X