X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My New Mantra...

... is: "I don't understand. This is stupid."

On Wednesdays, we are open until 7 pm. We were steady busy (about 15 - 20 minute wait), but not crazy.

Jack who works next to me, went out in the lobby and pulled an express line of registration renewals only. His last customerin that line was a trip.

She didn't just have registration renewals, however. She was also going to renew her husband's license, AND renew her own license, AND change the name on her driver's license, AND change the name on her husband's car registrations.

Well, first off, No. None of these can be done in an express line. Some cannot be done at all tonight. For example, her husband wants to renew his license? He has to be present. And it starts: "I don't understand. This is stupid." Why does he have to be present? Because we have to take his photo, and you ma'am, look nothing like him.

Changing the name on the registrations? We need the car titles. The name on the title dictates the name on the registration. "I don't understand. This is stupid."

Then she wants the clerk to stand there waiting while she goes out to the car and tries to find her purse so she can pay for her driver's license (what moron wants us to perform $300 worth of work, but doesn't bring any method of payment in with her?) She tells the clerk that he is to stand there and wait for her, and he explains that is not going to happen because he will wait on other people until she returns. "I don't understand. This is so stupid." Why can't he just stand there, with his thumb up his butt, while she figures out what she did with her paycheck?

I later said to the clerk that he really did great keeping his cool. He said that she was so out there that all he wanted to do was laugh at her.

So EW manages to find her checkbook, and when her number is called (since she didn't qualify for the express line), lucky me, I get her.

So she launches into her list of demands. As I shoot them down one by one, I get: "I don't understand. This is so stupid." Although, she admitted on every point that the clerk had already said no.

Over and over I had to hear it: "I don't understand. This is stupid."

Lady, you still have your looks. Take advantage of it while you can, because the moment they fade, you have nothing.
    To seek it with thimbles, to seek it with care;
    To pursue it with forks and hope;
    To threaten its life with a railway share;
    To charm it with forks and hope!

Seriously, renewing your significant other's license with them not present? This is a government run department with very strict rules and guidelines. Definitely a grade A moron to think that would fly there.

Comment

Quoth Mondestrucken View Post
      "I don't understand. This is stupid."
      Guess it really does take one to know one.
      I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
      My LiveJournal
      A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Over and over I had to hear it: "I don't understand. This is I am stupid."
        I think this is what she was trying to say...
        A crisis is a problem you can't control. Drama is a problem you can, but won't. - Otter

Comment

^Seriously.

I've had problems at the DMV before when I was getting an ID card for the first time and they needed to have so many things like birth certificate, high school yearbook photo, thing with my address [thank Gawd T-Mobile sends them to my home address instead of P. O. Box ]...I never pitched a fit or said it was stupid. What's the point? They're a gov't run business, they NEED that info. And with her, seriously? For all they know, you don't even HAVE a husband anymore, lady. You just want an extra fake ID or something.
          "And so all the night-tide, I lie down by the side of my darling, my darling, my life and my bride!"
          "Hallo elskan min/Trui ekki hvad timinn lidur"
          Amayis is my wifey

Comment

Well, you can *usually* do a DL renewal via mail here. I think it's really just to cut down on people coming to the DMV...which makes sense ^_^ You mail or call in payment, they send you a little sticker for the back.
            "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
            "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
            "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
            "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
            "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
            "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
            Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
            "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Quoth EricKei View Post
              Well, you can *usually* do a DL renewal via mail here. I think it's really just to cut down on people coming to the DMV...which makes sense ^_^ You mail or call in payment, they send you a little sticker for the back.
              I recently renewed my DL by mail. They used a 5 year old photo, and the new DL is good for 8 years. I wondering if they'll renew it by mail next time, with a 13 year old photo. Not that I've changed that much.
              "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

My favorite response to "I don't understand. This is stupid." in that situation would be "Sorry. It's the law/regulation/whatever."

Comment

"I don't understand. This is stupid."
                  yeah the punctuation is all wrong there try:

I don't understand this, is stupid

Ah makes sense now doesn't it
                  Honestly.... the image of that in my head made me go "AWESOME!"..... and then I remembered I am terribly strange.-Red dazes

Comment

Quoth FArchivist View Post
                    "Sorry. It's the law/regulation/whatever."
                    It must be nice to be able to use this instead of it (incorrectly) being used on you.
                    Thou shalt not take the name of thy goddess Whiskey in vain.

Comment

Over and over I had to hear it: "I don't understand. This is am stupid."
                      Even better.
                      Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Quoth FArchivist View Post
                        My favorite response to "I don't understand. This is stupid." in that situation would be "Sorry. It's the law/regulation/whatever."
                        I can tell you from experience that hardly ever works in the pharmacy. It always comes back to "This is how I want it done and if you aren't willing to do it then you don't care about good customer service." Although I actually don't understand why we have many pharmacy laws and I do in fact think that many of them are stupid, they are laws and must be obeyed if I want to stay employed in the profession. Maybe they think if I agree that it's a stupid law I'll just overlook it or something.

Comment

I just feel bad for that poor cashier. I know I've had those customers who think I don't have anything better to do than stand there and wait for them to be finished with their tomfoolery.

I had a lady tell me that I "could stand RIGHT THERE until she needed the air turned back on when it turned off." I kinda stared at her a little and then turned around and walked back inside. It was DAMN cold out and I wasn't wearing a nice fur coat like her. So she could shove it.

Comment

Working...
                          X