This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SC I had today

In the land of storage today, I had a customer call in regards to his scheduled delivery today. He'd gotten a call the night before in regards to his estimated delivery window. Bear in mind, the key word is "estimated." These windows are subject to change. In this case, it did become a later window.

I attempted to tell the customer this, and remind him that he didn't have to be there, as long as we had good placement instructions. I even attempted to review the instructions, but he kept interrupting me, talking over me, asking me, did I understand things, and demanding I call the local office and demanding that he be called an hour ahead so he could meet us.

I did manage to get through to the location, and found out we were on our way. Customer was happy.

I had to take a couple of minutes afterward to regroup...this guy was such a jerk. Part of me wanted to tell this guy off big time, then hang up the phone, and make an exit worthy of Steven Slater. Realistically, I'd have just been cutting off my nose to spite my face.

It could be worse...friend of mine just got canned from WallyWorld over a BS sexual harrassment claim.
    Friends help you move. Rare friends help you move bodies.

I get customers like that. Had one yesterday actually who wanted to return a printer he got online so he could rebuy it at the online sale price, which we do.

But there were some aspects of the return I needed a manager's help with and the guy just kept repeating, "The manager said we could do it over the phone. I just want to do this. All you have to do is this, this is-"

Stop. Stop telling me how to do my job and shut the hell up while I do what I have to do so I don't wind up losing my job and hunting you down to sacrifice you to Cthulu by slamming your face several times into the printer and mopping up the blood with your raggedy hair. This will be the catalyst to what will assuredly be the best day on Earth compared to listening to your high pitched whining.

Without knowing the whole situation, my symapthies to your friend. I know from experience that the sexual harrassment policies of places like Wally, K-farts and other such places can be so convoluted as to be abused. Having been the victim of a group of work place bullies who took something a customer said to me out of context and used it to try to get me fired (they failed) I know too well how things can be blown out of proportion.

Comment

Working...
    X