This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lethal Weapon

Normally for various obvious legal reasons i can't discuss things that happen at work however, i have now had the exact same situation occur three times, so i'm no longer talking about any one individual.

Previously: A homeless man is moved on from a public place (Train Station, Bus Station, etc) during which he becaomes abusive and threaten security/police with the weapon he is carrying. Man is then charged with carrying a dangerous weapon and has it confiscated.

Magistrates Court: Man is charged with several offences many of which are written off on the day of the hearing (i'm not sure if the American lawyers work the same way) in return he pleads guilty on the charge of carrying a dangerous weapon and is cautioned (basically a telling off)

The Weapon itself is not a gun or a knife but a homemade bat of somesort usually several pages of newspaper inside a napkin ring. The defendat has ample time between the origainal incident and the court case to fashion a new weapon exactly the same as previous and BRINGS IT INTO COURT.

You get searched at the entrance of any court building yet somehow the defendants manage to get through with the weapon every time.

I'm not sure who is more sucky the defendants for not realising that if you are being prosecuted for carrying a paticular weapon, showing that you still carry the same weapon and have no reservations about bringing it into a court or the Security guards who let it through the entrance.

*Seriously paper in a napkin ring can be as dangerous as a wood/metal pole

Lethal weapons? Napkin rings?

No offense my friend,but those of us that carry real weapons like handguns & knives (though we see knives as tools,not weapons) tend to be a bit skeptical about someone using a roll of paper as a weapon. Probably a difference in our laws
    "If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous he will not bite you.This is the principal difference between a man and a dog"

Mark Twain

Comment

Weight and a means to accelerate it. Hit you in the back of the head and you are going down.

Unless security is frisking everyone, it would be pretty easy to get that in.
      Life is too short to not eat popcorn.
      Save the Ales!
      Toys for Tots at Rooster's Cafe

Comment

For the paper in a ring thing, you could assemble it on the way between security and the court. That's how you get cobbled weapons through.

^-.-^
        Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

In jail they fashion newspaper knives that can penetrate 2-4" into the human body.

Underestimating is the #1 step to death in that situation

Comment

I was not aware that newspaper could be so deadly.
            My Guide to Oblivion

"I resent the implication that I've gone mad, Sprocket."

Comment

Humans are extremely frail as a species. We can be hurt by just about anything.
              Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

newspapers can be nasty, especially when rolled super tight; add that napkin ring and it's a club.
                look! it's ghengis khan!
                Sorry, but while I can do many things, extracting heads from anuses isn't one of them. (so sayeth the irv)

Comment

Quoth Kristev View Post

Makes you wonder how we, as a species, managed to make it into the 21st Century.

Comment

Quoth Tama View Post
                    And that's just before you read it.
                    EVERYTHING YOU SAY IS CANCER AND MADNESS. (Gravekeeper)
                    ~-~
                    Also, I have been told that I am sarcastic. I don’t know where anyone would get such an impression.(Gravekeeper again)

Comment

Quoth Kristev View Post
                      I'd say it's the opposite - humans are often incredibly resilient, and people often walk away from experiences that logically would kill them - crossbow bolts through the head, gunshot wounds to the head, high speed vehicle collisions, falls from great heights, being beaten black and blue, standing on top of an exploding IED and walking away unscathed, and so on.

Comment

He can bring his rolled up newspaper to the fight. I'm bringing a zero-point energy field manipulator. We'll put this up on YouTube for the edification of the masses.
                        "Them boys ain't zombies! They're just stupid!"

Comment

Quoth Tama View Post
                          Ever see the Mythbusters episode where they made a crossbow out of newspaper?

Comment

Mythbusters and paper...

I will defeat you all with my phone-book-armoured car!!

That and my stunning lack of speed in such a vehicle XD
                            "On a scale of 1 to banana, whats your favourite colour of the alphabet?"
                            Regards, Lord Baron Darth von Vaderham, esq. Middle brother to mharbourgirl & Squeaksmyalias

Comment

Quoth Skelly View Post
                              I'd say it's the opposite - humans are often incredibly resilient, and people often walk away from experiences that logically would kill them - crossbow bolts through the head, gunshot wounds to the head, high speed vehicle collisions, falls from great heights, being beaten black and blue, standing on top of an exploding IED and walking away unscathed, and so on.
                              And one little papercut and it's death by septicemia. I check my hands very carefully every day because I handle a LOT of paper, and I've gotten some nasty infections from cuts I didn't notice right away.

It's always the little things that get us, not the big ones.
                              What colour is the sky in your world and how high of a dosage do you need before it turns back to blue? --Gravekeeper

Comment

Working...
                              X