This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You want me to do what??

OK I work for a cable service company to serves states nowhere near me(relevant shortly)

Customers video has gone out and should be relatively simple issue to take care of by simply unplugging her cable reciever for about 10 seconds...simple right. I asked her to do so, just to,you know, unplug from the power outlet when she replied with this gem.

"What you can't unplug it from there?"

I asked her to repeat that and low and behold she expected for me to magically unplug the power from where I was at!! I placed on mute for a moment because I was really stunned and laughing my ass off! If I could teleport there and do it, I certainly wouldn't be doing phone support, I'd have one hell of a courier company!
    I love my customers to death, the problem is they aren't dying quick enough.

She wanted you to unplug it for her? Now see, I would love to see that. In fact I can even imagine it, Reed Richards would be brought to shame if you could manage that..

*imagines a long arm reaching from the call center to a person's home* Highlight for a spoiler ->Yes I know that she thought it would be like the power company who can shut off your power.

Ok Sheldon, I just have to wait to see what you make of this...
    Last edited by Mytical; 10-25-2010, 04:15 AM.
    Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

Oh yes they do this to me too.

"You want ME to unplug the box?"
      "You want ME to look at the back of the box?"

Comment

It's questions from people like that who are typically too lazy to realize that it's gonna take some minor work on their part than just expecting the magic of misguided hope, that makes me realized we are doomed
        "This job would be great if it wasn't for the f***** customers." - Randell 'Clerks'

Comment

Quoth tenzilkem View Post
          "What you can't unplug it from there?"
          "No, I'm sorry. Our telekinesis module is down at the moment. We'll have to do things the old-fashioned way for a while."

I wonder how many callers would buy a statement like that...
          I suspect that... inside every adult (sometimes not very far inside) is a bratty kid who wants everything his own way.
          - Bill Watterson

My co-workers: They're there when they need me.
          - IPF

Comment

Boy is she gonna be pissed if her vibrator goes on the fritz!

"Ok Sheldon, I just have to wait to see what you make of this... "

Happy? hehehe
            "All I've ever learned from love was how to shoot somebody who out-drew ya"

Comment

Man, I would get customers that would ask me if I would unplug whatever cord I asked them to from their modem. Hello?! I'm hundreds and thousands of miles away from you, do you expect me to use floo powder to get to your house and do all these simple steps for you?!!
              I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
              Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
              Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

I really wish these people would understand things like technology. I had one tell me she didn't know what an electric outlet was,her huband handled "these high tech thingies"...I really miss drinking after calls like these.
                I love my customers to death, the problem is they aren't dying quick enough.

Comment

This sounds like that old urban legend about the woman asking the telephone company to pull her cord back through the wall because it was too long.

And holy crap, someone didn't know what an electrical outlet is?? Even I'm not that bad!
                  When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

color me dumb but floo powder?
                    https://www.youtube.com/user/HedgeTV
                    Great YouTube channel check it out!

Comment

Quoth telecom_goddess View Post
                      color me dumb but floo powder?
                      From Harry Potter. A way to travel through fireplaces.

Comment

Quoth Mikkel View Post
                        From Harry Potter. A way to travel through fireplaces.
                        Wow..ok that's why I didn't get it
                        https://www.youtube.com/user/HedgeTV
                        Great YouTube channel check it out!

Comment

wonder what they'd say if you replied "My arms aren't long enough to reach your modem from here."

cos if your arms were long enough, you'd probably strangle them

Comment

Working...
                          X