X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I.P. Freleigh's Checkout Conundrum

Pop quiz everybody!

So you've just finished your shopping at da swamp and are ready to checkout. You happen upon a checkout lane where:
    • the light is out
    • nobody is physically standing behind the register, and
    • there's a rolling rack of CDs blocking the way to the register

What do you do?

A. find a different, open checkout lane, or

B. gently ram your cart into the rack of CDs a couple times, ask nobody in particular "Hello? Why can't I get through here to check out? Hello? Somebody?", then as one Irving Patrick Freleigh ambles by trying not to laugh at you, corner him, call him "ma'am" apparently missing his facial stubble and his not-particularly-long hair, and ask him why that checkout lane is blocked off and can he ring up your stuff.

If you chose A, you are much too smart to be shopping at the swamp and should instead patronize Brookstone, or Hammacher Schlemmer or some other egghead place because you are so damn smart.
    Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Oh gads, what did you say?

And while this story should have made my faith in humanity drop a few points, it didn't... so apparently I have lost more of that than I originally thought.
    "So, let's build a snowman! We can make him our best friend. We can name him Bob or we can name him Beowulf! We can make him tall, or we can make him not so tall!"

Comment

Completely clueless. I thought MY customers were bad! Although someone thought it would be a good idea to leave a cart in the walkway, in between the inside and outside doors. But Irv, your customers are a unique brand of special.
      "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Well at least they didn't throw anything at you when they couldn't check out right away.
        Eh, one day I'll have something useful here. Until then, have a cookie or two.

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
          then as one Irving Patrick Freleigh ambles by trying not to laugh at you, corner him, call him "ma'am" apparently missing his facial stubble and his not-particularly-long hair, and ask him why that checkout lane is blocked off and can he ring up your stuff.
          Wait...so you're NOT a woman? Well damn!

"Kill the fat guy first?! That's racist!" - my friend Ironside at a Belegarth practice after being "killed" first.

I belly dance with tall Goblins!

Comment

I have been referred to as "ma'am" several times in the past year, this despite the fact I have a goatee and a very deep masculine voice. I can't explain it any more than you can.
            "If we refund your money, give you a free replacement and shoot the manager, then will you be happy?" - sign seen in a restaurant

Comment

I was called sir once, but the dude was also commenting on my...curvature as well so I think he was either trying to be funny or was stoned.
              Maybe they thought that was the super-special-secret-spy discount checkout! You have to know the secret code, which involves redefining the definition of gender.
              Oh wook at teh widdle babeh dwaggin! How cyuuute babeh dwag-AAAAAAAUUUGGGHHHH! *nom*
              http://jennovazombie.deviantart.com

Comment

Working...
              X