X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oh geez

Dear sir,
    You're calling from Across the river's medium security prison. Have you not yet figured out you've dialed the wrong number? I can't answer the phone and 'accept the call.' for you. I also like that the second time you called, instead of your name, you said 'you a bitch.' I suppose so sir. I suppose so.

Dear Asshat of four rooms,
    Yes. You. The one in charge of all this BS. TWO of your rooms are simply amazing and kind. The one full of minors, I have a problem with. But as you were told by the last desk clerk not to allow them to be a problem, I've had none. With YOU I have one. You accused us of having bugs. Dude, you KNOW you're in the midwest yes? It's fall. Bugs are going to go ANYWHERE warm, and unfortunately, it means in buildings. I'm not sure how they got to you and I do apologize, but don't ACCUSE me of doing it on purpose. And when I say I'm not sure how to help you because at FIRST you refuse to allow me to move you, and then when I can move you, you said I told you "You couldn't do anything and that I'm a lawyer." See, I've met Lawyers. MOST don't attempt to agitate the person who decides if they stay in a hotel in the town of FULL hotels. They know better. So please, KEEP going.

To the ghost hunters here,
    You ladies are AWESOME. I like that you were joking with me and we got to have some fun. "Does anyone know a ghost we can test the meter on?" "Sorry, Casper's off duty." Yeah. Thanks. Least the entire weekend won't suck.

Door slamming twits,
    One more time. I swear. I've busted all but ONE room. Knock it off!

Dear Drunken folks outside,
    Lose the damn attitude. I'm not here to listen to you bitch that the cab was grumpy. I have NOTHING to do with the cabs! Nada! They leave cards and business numbers,
    I call them for you. That's literally my only role with them.

I could hug this gentleman. he came downstairs to talk to me about a problem. He'd been booted out of his room by his girlfriend, (Now ex) and he said she could have the room for the night, he was going home.
    He went upstairs to get the last few things of his, and she aparently blocked his way. So rather than put his hands on her, he waited til he was able to leave and came out the door (That much I believe.)
    He could have yelled, made a scene. Instead he's been perfectly pleasant.
    Last edited by superhotelworker; 10-31-2010, 07:30 AM.

I hate people who, when there's a problem, pretty much refuse to let you help them. Room move? Discount? No, they don't want anything, except to yell at you. You can't please them.

Ghost hunters sound awesome. I had some at the motel the other night, too, 'cept they were Hubby's new friends he brought by for me to meet and not guests. I foresee Hubs dragging me along for investigations in the future.
    Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Comment

I wanna go!!

Comment

Me too. Would be awesome! Maybe one of these days
        Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

Shame the ghost tours only run on the weekends. I would have liked to have gone on one when I was there.

Then again, it was fun sitting in the lobby talking to SHW & Technical Angle.
          Last edited by csquared; 10-31-2010, 03:40 PM. Reason: Typo
          Life is too short to not eat popcorn.
          Save the Ales!
          Toys for Tots at Rooster's Cafe

Comment

This is my favorite type of survey response to read from guests about a week after they depart:

ANGRY RANT. BLARGH RARGH! I'LL NEVER STAY AGAIN BECAUSE OF MAJOR PROBLEM!!1!!!one!!!

Problem Reported to Staff During Stay: NO
            Problem Reported Upon Checkout: NO

Comment

I've had a MAJOR PROBLEM when I stayed at a hotel!

No, not really. The key card just fell in the toilet. That was disgusting trying to fish that out.

I did not tell the front desk why I needed a new one...
              "And so all the night-tide, I lie down by the side of my darling, my darling, my life and my bride!"
              "Hallo elskan min/Trui ekki hvad timinn lidur"
              Amayis is my wifey

Comment

Quoth superhotelworker View Post
                Dear Asshat of four rooms,
                Problem? I haven't got a problem. I've got f*cking problems. Plural.
                Some People Are Alive Only Because It Is Illegal To Kill Them

Comment

i don't suppose you can call the prison and report phone harassment?

Comment

Quoth crashhelmet View Post
                    I've got f*cking problems. Plural.
                    Well, if your problems are doing that, no wonder they're multiplying.

^-.-^
                    Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Quoth Andara Bledin View Post
                      Well, if your problems are doing that, no wonder they're multiplying.

^-.-^
                      Crap. Well, I needed a new keyboard anyway.

Comment

Quoth csquared View Post
                        Then again, it was fun sitting in the lobby talking to ... Technical Angle.
                        Was she (a)cute?

Sorry couldn't help myself.
                        "I can tell her you're all tied up in the projection room." Sunset Boulevard.

Comment

LOL good job C :P
                          TA and Csquared + his wifey were awesome

Comment

Quoth superhotelworker View Post
                            Dear sir,
                            You're calling from Across the river's medium security prison. Have you not yet figured out you've dialed the wrong number? I can't answer the phone and 'accept the call.' for you. I also like that the second time you called, instead of your name, you said 'you a bitch.' I suppose so sir. I suppose so.
                            I used to get this a lot, and my boss explained that it's because the prisoner gets so many phone calls to make but because they have no one to call, they pick a random number and either harass or talk the person up on the other end.

I agree with a previous poster, if they continue to call, give the prison a ring and let them handle it.
                            "You are the dumbest smart person I have ever met in my life!" Will Smith, 'I, Robot'.

"You LOSE! Good day, sir!" Gene Wilder, 'Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory'.

Comment

Quoth Snowbird View Post
                              I used to get this a lot, and my boss explained that it's because the prisoner gets so many phone calls to make but because they have no one to call, they pick a random number and either harass or talk the person up on the other end.

I agree with a previous poster, if they continue to call, give the prison a ring and let them handle it.
                              If the slammer is in Illinois call 217-558-2200. That is the main number for the Dept of Corrections. They can block your number from their outgoing inmate calls. I too got a lot of those calls 'til I called IDOC and got a block on my landline.
                              I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
                              -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

Working...
                              X